Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight warrior RV ❯ Prelude ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi this is Benji Himura. I am now starting a Sailor moon story. I don't own Sailor moon or any of the characters. Some anime or manga characters might show up in the story I also don't own then. I own Benji Himura and others characters that will show up in the story. I want to thank to paks for being the pre-reader and co-author of this version of the story. It might be violence and sex in the story so if you are underage of seventeen are warned the content might be too improper to your age. Read by your own will and risk. In anyway enjoy the story.
Signed: Benji Himura.
 
Prelude
 
**25th November 2000 - At a small chateau of the Kaioh family 200km from Tokyo**
 
A loud explosion sounded to mark the end of a vicious battle; the young man at ground zero flew into the lake beside the chateau that was churning violently from the explosion. His half dead body began slowly slinking below the surface, he was missing a leg and an arm along with most of his shoulder. The numerous cuts to the rest of his body and face was a further reminder of the scores of demons that had tried to overrun him.
 
“Michiru…” the man gasped with the last of his breath, the word formed bubbles as he slowly descended to the lakes bed, his final resting place.
 
From the woods, next to the lake, emerged a tall female figure. She wore a cross between a swimsuit and a sailor style school uniform. She held a large staff that oddly enough resembled a strange looking key. Her long black hair cascaded down her back and almost touched the ground upon which she walked. Her garnet eyes swept over the devastated estate, taking in the destroyed chateau, the still burning woods, and the charred ground covered in pieces of carbonized demons. Settling down to await the moment that she could complete her task she waited.
 
She did not have to wait long as she watched the bubble rising from the lake. A small energy ball appeared and glided along the surface of the lake, finally diving beneath the surface that had quickly calmed, leaving little evidence of the earlier disturbance upon its surface.
 
On the bottom of the lake the man calmly awaited his death. His lungs were already full of water, yet his eyes still calmly watched the barely visible moonlight that made its way to the bottom of the lake where he lay. He no longer felt any pain from his wounds, the cold water of the lake long since having made his body numb to it all. That was when the small amount of moonlight suddenly brightened into a large bright orb in front of him, eliciting the cynical thought “Light… What a cliché…”. Finally he allowed his eyes to slowly drift closed, a prelude to beginning his eternal slumber. However, it seemed as though the light was not finished with him.
 
The light moved faster towards the man and wrapped him in its warmth. His formerly cold body began to warm up, the numbness that he felt was replaced by a feeling of being more alive than before but without the pain. Slowly opening his eyes he saw the outline of a very attractive woman, now he pondered religion with many random thoughts flittering through his mind “God is a woman… not bad… I thought I was going to Hell… at least she seems attractive…”.
 
“I am not god and you are not dead yet.” The woman spoke in a warm soft voice filled with worry. “I offer you a choice….” She continued.
 
“Not again… I'm not going to… to be an assassin again…” he gasped out, surprised that he could speak and be heard when they were both apparently underwater. The man could see more of her face now, the woman's face held a gentle smile.
 
“That is good, because I don't want an assassin. I want a knight.” Her voice rang with sincerity, “In the past you served my mother and now I would like it very much if you would serve me. I will not force you.”
 
“You are Serenity…” The man gasped in wonder.
 
“Yes,” She answered with a smile, “and you were one of the Moonlight Knights. Take my hand and come with me, I need your services once more. She now extended her delicate hand to the one armed man.
 
The man seemed to hesitate for a split second, indecision marred his already ruined face. Finally he slowly lifted his sole remaining hand to take the more delicate one offered to him. Grasping her hand firmly he felt as though he had made the right decision when her smile broadened.
 
“You will regain everything that you lost tonight, but I cannot give you her love.” She tells him with some regret.
 
Nodding the man is surprised as the both begin ascending to the lakes surface. Serenity seemed to glow brighter and brighter, with his vision flooded with the bright light the man exhaustion finally overtakes him and he falls into unconsciousness. With a final pulse a large energy ball flies out of the lake and glides once more over the lakes surface. Coming to a stop on the lakes shore directly before the woman waiting at the edge of the woods, the ball of light solidifies into the shape of Serenity holding the limp form of the grievously wounded man. The blood running from his body was soiling her perfect white dress.
 
“My Queen what do you desire me to do with him?” Inquired the tall woman with the staff.
 
“Setsuna, I wish you to take him to the time gate and bring him to me. He shall receive medical aid from Ami, and when he is fully recovered he shall begin the training to become the first Moonlight Knight of the New Crystal Tokyo.” replied the Queen to her loyal guardian.
 
Setsuna nodded to her queen and took the unconscious teen in a firm grasp. Her queen takes one last look at the young man and murmurs “Be well Benji.” before vanishing. Hefting the teen Setsuna too vanishes, with her last words echoing on the wind.
 
“You still show the demon in you. I wonder if it is wise to keep you?”
 
**23rd August 2003 - Hikawa-jinja**
 
All of the senshi sat in the shrine, most of them chatting together as they usually did. One senshi not chatting was Michiru, she was at the alter lighting incense sticks and placing them in their proper burner. She knelt and placing her hand together she began to pray. Rei who was passing by with a tea tray for her friends slowed as she passed to watch Michiru praying, thinking to stop and ask her why she was praying she decided not to when she saw moisture in the older girls eyes.
 
Walking into the living room the fire priestess saw Haruka talking to Setsuna and asked them why Michiru was praying in the shrine. Haruka answered that she did not know, but that it was a regular occurrence since they began living together. Setsuna did not answer, but her eyes reflected surprise at this new piece of information.
 
“It might be the anniversary of someone's death.” Makoto offers.
 
“Well, she was crying” Added Rei.
 
“She never lets me do anything on either the 23rd of August or the 25th of November.” Haruka complains “she always rebuffs my attempts to comfort her”.
 
“Maybe it is the anniversary of a former lover.” Minako chips in. Haruka glares at her for making that suggestion.
 
“Michiru has never had a girlfriend other than me!” Haruka declared hotly, her eyes dared anyone to contradict her.
 
“Maybe it was a boyfriend.” Minako continued her speculation despite Haruka's eyes boring through her.
 
“Perhaps it was simply a close friend, being the daughter of a rich family is very lonely.” Ami threw in her opinion, shrinking back when everyone's attention shifted to her.
 
“I don't think that is any of our business. If Michiru is crying over someone's death, it is her own business.” Setsuna finally said deciding that it was time to end this line of speculation.
 
“But we are her friends. If she is suffering she could tell us about her pain. It might help.” Serena interjected.
 
“There are things that are better staying hidden.” Setsuna answered turning towards the door signaling that the conversation was over.
 
Hotaru looked first at Setsuna, and then at Haruka, noting completely different reactions of both women. She resolved herself to ask about the issue later, concerned for two women who were now a part of her family. Hotaru Worried even more for Michiru who was still praying at the shrine.