Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Grey ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shades of Gray

Author: Moonlight Storm

E-mail: MoonlightStormSM@aol.com

Genre: Romance/Action

Season: 1st

Summary: Usagi is changed into a vampire a year before

becoming Sailor Moon. As her soulmate, Mamoru is changed

too but doesn't know why or how it's happening.

AN's: Hi minna-chan! This is my first fanfic, so I need

encouragement. No flames please, but constructive criticism

is welcome. I sort of messed with the traditional vampire

standards, but it's my fic so I can do that. For the story line,

the fact that vampires can't walk under the sun doesn't exist.

Another thing, Usagi was changed at 15, and Mamoru was 18.

Please e-mail me! I want lots and lots of feedback!

Disclaimer: *sigh* I don't own Sailor Moon… Happy?

"Talking"

`Thinking'

On with the show…

Shades of Gray

Chapter 1

It had still been daylight when she'd left her friend Naru's house. But somehow she'd gotten sidetracked, first at the arcade, then she'd watched the bleeding sunset from a bench in a hidden alcove in her favorite park. Now, it was just after twilight, and she knew her mother must be worried.

Her stride slowed at the thought of heading home for some reason. Normally, se would have been rushing home to dinner and a warm bed, but tonight the prospect had no appeal. The chill wind of the night air seemed to make no difference to her while strolling leisurely towards home. An occasional street lamp on a corner cast a faint sheen over the girl, making her already pale features nearly ethereal.

Suddenly the icy fall wind picked up, along with her heart, howled all around her. The before softly smiling girlhad now lost her smile; something was wrong.

A shrill scream pierced the air.

It had been nearly a year since He had made Usagi one of Them. And in that time, that part of her that was Them had grown and merged with the part of her that was Usagi, so that they were one. The 2 pieces had to merge; otherwise her soul would have slowly been eaten away due to the inner turmoil going on within the girl.

Usagi sat on her windowsill, face turned up to the silver moon. She idly twirled a strand of silky pale blonde hair between two fingers while thinking of that night so much like this one. The night He made her a vampire.

*Flashback*

Usagi's shriek had just finished echoing off the buildings surrounding her when the dark form in front of her began to take shape. Slowly approaching her was an incredibly handsome man with the look of a wolf stalking a lamed sheep. Usagi did not like being the sheep.

"Who are you?" the golden-haired teenager cried, looking suspiciously at the stranger. The man looked to be 18 or 20, with bright emerald green eyes. His dark blonde hair lay smooth over his forehead, while a self-satisfied smile played slowly over his full lips. This gorgeous stranger towered over Usagi's small frame, but she would not be intimidated. She glared up at the man, but for all her hostility, it still took all of her will power merely to step back two paces; as they had been as close to nose-to-nose as you could get given their height difference.

"Who are you?" Usagi repeated. "Who am I, little one? I am the one who can make all your dreams come true," the man's tone was of the smoothest silk and made the cliché seem possible. Involuntarily, she found herself taking a hesitant step forward.

Usagi shook a mental finger at herself. `What am I doing? You know better Tsukino Usagi! He's a complete stranger, albeit a gorgeous one… But still, just because he's entirely too handsome for his own good, it doesn't mean you need to swoon over him.' Satisfied wither her new state of mind, she took two steps backwards.

The man's eyes narrowed dangerously, nearly imperceptibly, and shone a bright color for a split second in time. But his smile never slipped. Perhaps that was the most terrifying part.

"Come here little one, I wish only to speak with you but a moment," the man beckoned. Usagi did another mental check. He hadn't done anything wrong really. It wasn't his fault he was drop dead gorgeous. `What's with me tonight? This isn't like me, I just feel so suspicious, But what harm can come of talking?' Usagi took a small step forward.

"I'm sorry, but I really should be getting home. Okaa-san will be wondering where I am," Usagi declared, still not completely willing to stay in this man's presence. "Then I'll walk you," the man persisted, and took her by the arm. So close to him, Usagi found she didn't have the will to pull herself from his gasp.

*End Flashback*

"If I had been able to leave him, would my life be better or worse?" Usagi mused quietly. "I do feel more… at ease. Like I should be… Oh I don't know! How can I explain this?" Her thoughts were interrupted by Ikuko's voice calling her to dinner. `At least some things don't change. Food still tastes good!'

End Chapter 1