Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Grey ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shades of Gray

Author: Moonlight Storm

E-mail: MoonlightStormSM@aol.com

Genre: Romance/Action

Season: 1st

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Usagi is changed into a vampire a year before becoming Sailor Moon. As her soulmate, Mamoru is changed too but doesn't know why or how it's happening.

AN's at the bottom....

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, I don't own Sailor

Moon.

Shades of Gray

Chapter 2

Usagi skipped jauntily toward Crown Game

Center and Cafe, her favorite after-school hangout.

"Kon-wa Motoki-onii-san!" Usagi called as the bell connected to the automatic doors announced her presence.

"Konnichi-wa Usagi-chan. Want a hot chocolate?"

She grinned in response, "Yeah, Naru-chan and I are going to go see a movie. She actually got detention for once though, so I have to wait 'till she gets out. Haruna-sensei said she wasn't paying attention in class, I can't blame her, math is so boring.

Motoki smiled indulgently. Usagi was one of his favorite customers after all. "Only if you can't do it, Odango," drawled a deep voice just behind Usagi's seat on her stool. 'That voice...' Usagi thought immediately. 'So much like another....'

*Flashback*

"You know Usagi-chan, it's not safe for pretty little things like you to be wandering around at night. Something could happen to you," the man told her in a confidential tone.

"How-" Usagi tried again after licking her parched lips when he removed his hand from her shoulder. "How did you know my name?" she forced through her clouded mind.

The man grinned slowly, "I know many things, Usagi-chan. Starting with your name, but definitely not ending there." Usagi's hazy mind rushed to process this information. "Well if you know my name, what should I call you?" she finally said slowly.

He looked thoughtful for only a moment before replying, "You may call me Ghyard."

*End Flashback*

Usagi quickly pulled herself out of the memory.

"Mamoru-baka, maybe if you had a life worth living outside of school, you wouldn't be ragging on me about this," she said through clenched teeth and narrowed eyes.

"Oh, I'm bleeding," he told her sarcastically. Motoki sighed while listening to their bickering.

"You sound like an old married couple, only meaner," he remarked after finding a pause in their fight. Usagi's jaw dropped.

"Us? Married? Like even, Motoki-onii-san!"

"For once, I agree with the Odango. You must be in the kitchen too much; the heat's gotten to you," the dark-haired man said.

Motoki smiled again.

"You're only mad 'cause-" before he could finish the Odango-ed one cut him off.

"It'll never happen. I'm going to go play the Sailor V game, ja." Mamoru's cerulean eyes lingered over her retreating form, but quickly tore them away before his best friend or so-called worst enemy could catch him.

Usagi sighed in defeat after losing at her favorite arcade game.

"Lose again, Odango?" a warm breath tickled her ear. "Hai." Then quickly added on, "As if it's any of your business. Happy Mamoru-baka?," she hissed, trying to ignore the hand that was resting in the small of her back.

In turn, Mamoru looked deeply into her eyes making her heart race, before whispering delicately, "Very." With that he swiftly got up and left the arcade after calling a good-bye to Motoki.

He turned once after leaving to look through the glass window at the Sailor V game, found Usagi glaring at him, grinned charmingly, and sauntered off.

Motoki sat during his break sipping coffee while reading the newspaper.

"Anything interesting?" Usagi asked inquisitively. "Just those attacked people who are in the hospital. I wonder what's causing the attacks."

Usagi sat on a stool, lost in memories.

*Flashback*

"Usagi, have you ever thought of what you might do if something unusual happened?" Ghyard asked her softly.

Usagi's brows drew down to form a 'V' as she pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Unusual? Like what?"

Ghyard switched his tactic, "Have you ever wondered about the supernatural, little on? About the unexplainable?"

Her azure eyes narrowed in thought, "Nani? Like Sailor V?"

The blonde man sighed and pulled his nearly physical cloak of mystery tightly around him like a shield. "Perhaps, but somehow I doubt the defender of innocents, Sailor V, is a part of what I'm talking about."

"Then... What are you talking about?" she questioned.

"This," He murmured quickly before pivoting on his heel to face her. Usagi made the unfortunate mistake of looking up into his face, his eyes, and found herself trapped by the sheer depth, the darkness, and the despair hidden behind it all, of his gaze.

He lowered his head slowly to whisper gently in her ear, "You can be so much more after this, little one."

Usagi felt excruciating pain as his long fangs cut into the vulnerable skin on her neck.

She was suddenly al too aware of what Ghyard had been talking about; unusual events happening to her, the supernatural, the unexplainable. It was everything he was, is, everything he will be. One of the living dead. Everything she now would be.

Thought like these raced through her mind as she felt a coarse liquid sliding down her throat. She was now one of Them; Tsukino Usagi was a vampire.

Somewhere, not very far away, a young man sat up straight. Something had changed. And somewhere else entirely, in a place with no time or space, a young looking woman with all the knowledge in the world at her beck and call, slowly lifted her head. A feeling let her know something was wrong. And she was the one to fix it. As it always had been, and always would be.

*End Flashback*

"Eh, Usagi? Usagi-chan, are you all right?" a redhead in one of Usagi's school uniforms asked.

Usagi blinked her eyes several times before replying, "Naru? Kon-wa."

"Ready to go see that movie Usagi-chan?"

"Hai, let's go," but strangely Usagi couldn't keep herself from searching for a familiar head of raven hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As it turned out, the movie they chose wasn't the best in the world. And it seemed everything around Usagi reminded her of that day a year ago. It had been difficult to adapt to the change in her lifestyle. Usagi had been given a choice: rob herself of her innocence by drinking other's blood, or let her existence slowly and painfully drain from her.

Given the choice, she simply could not die, so she came to a compromise. Usagi found people on the streets after dark, but drained them only enough so they felt slightly sluggish. Afterwards she confused their mind a little so they would remember nothing. This way, Usagi could still live with herself and live at the same time. But even as she had accepted this new way of life, she still yearned for the simple decisions and life she had before.

But this change had been hard for someone

else too.

Mamoru lay on his couch staring at his TV, which, coincidentally, happened to be switched off. Chiba Mamoru once again was contemplating how he had become what he was.

Because he was Usagi's soulmate, even if neither knew it, Mamoru had unknowingly changed into a vampire as well. The only difference being he had no idea how he had become one.

So he tried to rationalize how overnight he had become a vampire. And finally, after a year of analyzing, he still had no idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN's: Whew! Another chapter done! Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me! You're the kind of people who keep authors (even those new to writing fan fics like myself) writing. If you have any ideas or suggestions please e-mail them to me at MoonlightStormSM@aol.com. If you do have a scene or idea you'd like to see in my story, e-mail me and I'll try to fit it in! Chapter 3 should be up as soon as I have time to type it up. Thanks again to everyone who e-mailed me.