Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Unmei wa Utsukushiku ❯ Betrothal and Betrayal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before reading:

I do not claim own of Sailor Moon or any related indicia. Characters that I have created will be listed before each chapter if they appear in said chapter, and I do not mind you using my characters in your stories, if you ask.

This fan fiction is not, in any way, made to resemble any event that happened in the series or series movies. If it does resemble any other fan fiction or story line from the show, it is purely coincidence, and was not intended to be so by the writer, with the exception of some relationships.

This fan fiction is set before the series was to begin, and should lead up to the first episode. Due to the fact that this is before the series, there may be a few key details about each character that is different than the series. Please do not complain about any differences or yell at me for any out of character actions.

Because I rarely receive feedback on my fan fictions, I would enjoy it very much if you would read and review this story. If you have an offensive review, please e-mail it to me instead of posting it in the reviews section, however if you are only criticizing, putting it in the review section is more than welcome. Thank you.

My Characters in this Chapter:

Queen Gia

Prince Ceres

-------------- ----------------

It was a beautiful day, and the sun was warm on the surface if the moon. The flowers blooming there were like none other. There was an array of colours and shapes. One flower shone through the rest in any patch, the Moon Crystal. The Moon Crystal was a pale white flower with huge petals, lined in a silver not seen by many others. The head of this flower was bigger than any other flower on the Moon, but the stem was the thinnest. Despite the weak appearance of the stem, the flower stood tall and never wilted. The Moon Crystal was the symbol for the Moon Kingdom.

Queen Selenity walked out onto her balcony, wearing a beautiful pale white gown, trimmed with silver and lace. She held the skirt of the dress in her hands to keep the bottom of the gown from fraying across the ground as she walked. As Selenity reached the banister of the balcony, she let the dress slip through her fingers and fall softly to her shroud her feet it the fine silk fabric. She was thrilled, for the meeting between Queen Gia of Earth and herself had gone perfectly.

"Dearest Gia, thank you for seeing me on such short notice. Would you care for anything? Tea? Cakes?" Selenity had asked, waving her hand towards the table between them that had been garnished with a lovely tea set and a few sweets.

"Well, I don't think I would miss an opportunity to come to this lovely place and be in such fine presence, Selenity." Gia replied. "I think I would like a cup of tea." She said, reaching forward to retrieve a cup that had just been filled. "Thank you. Now, not to be hasty, but what might be the nature of this meeting?" She pulled the cup to her lips as she sipped from the tea cup with a blue Cherry Blossom design about it.

Selenity also picked up a cup of freshly poured tea and took a sip before continuing. "I would like to purpose the joining of our kingdoms through the betrothal our children." Before Selenity could continue, Gia made a joyous squeaking sound and set down her cup.

"Are you suggesting that we should betroth my Ceres and Princess Serenity?" Gia looked as if she could burst with pride at the offer, however late it may be. Most of the time, these betrothals happen at the birth of the girl, but Gia was more than happy to agree now.

Selenity thought for a moment before speaking, carefully choosing her words. "You see, Serenity is barely even eleven years right now, and Ceres is nearing eighteen. Although I am sure my daughter would enjoy the matching or Ceres and herself, I was hoping that you would agree to a betrothal of Prince Endimion and Serenity." She took a careful sip of her tea as she watched Gia enter a state of deep thought.

After a few minutes and a refill of Queen Selenity's tea, Gia spoke. "Yes, I understand. You wish not to marry her until her fourteenth year, correct?" Selenity nodded slightly and set down her tea cup. "By then, I must have Ceres married." She stopped for a moment and thought a bit more. "Selenity, I would be more than happy to have your Princess marry my son when she comes of age."

Selenity giggled to herself as the thought of the meeting came to an end. She would finally be able to unite the Moon Kingdom with the Earth Kingdom. There was only one problem, and it would be telling Serenity. Serenity was hoping against hope that she would be allowed to marry Ceres, and she rarely even considered Endimion as a possible match. As if beckoned by Selenity's though, Serenity stepped out onto the balcony to greet her mother.

"Hello mother." Serenity said as she stepped forward and gave her a little hug. A warm smile returned her greeting, and before Selenity could say anything, Serenity began. "I have heard word that you have been discussing my betrothal with Queen Gia of Earth." A childish smile played across her face as she imagined marring Ceres.

Selenity sighed as pulled her daughter into a tight embrace. "You have not heard wrong." She said softly as she ran her fingers through Serenity's pale blonde hair. She felt as Serenity giggled and tried to regain herself. "But I am afraid you have the wrong idea in your head." Serenity pulled away from her mother, confused and began to ask what her mother was speaking of before she was cut off.

"You a betrothed to the Prince of Earth." Serenity smiled but began to wonder who she thought she was betrothed to before her question was answered. "But you are not betrothed to Prince Ceres of Earth." Serenity let out a small gasp and set backward, letting her back straighten against the cold marble wall. Who was the other prince of Earth?

"But who?" She began before she realized that the other prince was Endimion. Ceres spoke of him as a failure of a man. He had told her stories of how when his own mother was sick, he wouldn't leave his beloved garden, and now she was to marry him? "No." She gasped, looking at her mother like she had been betrayed. "Not Endimion! How could you do this to me?" She felt hot tears roll down her cheeks as she ran from the balcony.

Selenity reached out, about to try to stop Serenity, but she knew that Serenity must try to deal with this alone. Selenity sighed heavily as the day began to feel gray. She had known that Serenity would be unhappy, but she would learn. She would soon find out that Endimion is a much better man than Ceres, and she will love him deeper than she had ever loved Ceres. Of this, Selenity was certain.