Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Unmei wa Utsukushiku ❯ Second Thoughts and No Doubts ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before reading:
 
I do not claim own of Sailor Moon or any related indicia. Characters that I have created will be listed before each chapter if they appear in said chapter, and I do not mind you using my characters in your stories, if you ask.
 
 
Because I rarely receive feedback on my fan fictions, I would enjoy it very much if you would read and review this story. If you have an offensive review, please e-mail it to me instead of posting it in the reviews section, however if you are only criticizing, putting it in the review section is more than welcome. Thank you.
 
Extra:
 
From here on out, I'm updating for the people who truly care. I would like your reviews, but even if I don't get any, I will continue the story to the end.
This chapter is my fun chapter! I finally get to get to the stuff that I've wanted to do since chapter 1! Wh00p, right? I know! ^_^ Oh, by the way. This is sort of a fast-forward to the start of training! Enjoy!
 
My Characters in this chapter:
 
Prince Ceres
Lady Minerva
Aiko
Kohaku
 
-------------- ---------------
 
“It's only a matter of time.”
 
“Until what?”
 
“Until I let you stir things up a bit.”
 
“Hai, Ceres-sama.”
 
 
--
 
 
"ENDIMION! STOP IT!" cried Serenity, running down one of the many paths of the Moon Garden. "I SAID STOOOOOOOOOP!"
 
 
Endimion laughed as he continued to chase her down the path. She had refused to go to training today because she didn't want to become Ceres' pawn. "But you have to learn to use the crystal so that you can help Ceres defeat Perillia, and then get rid of Ceres!" Endimion would retort, in a sort of whine like tone.
 
 
They both slowed down as Serenity ran out of breath. "I'm not going!" she said, standing tall and showing no signs of breathlessness. "I'm not going to be used by everyone!" She folded her arms and planted her feet firmly on the ground, as if to say she had made up her mind, and nothing could change it.
 
 
"You will go! Your mother has told you this all before, so I'm not going to explain how important this is!" Endimion said impatiently, mainly because Serenity was half an hour late for her training, and he was over an hour late for his own. "Now stop being a crybaby!"
 
 
"I'M NOT BEING A CRYBABY!" screamed Serenity, kicking Endimion in the shin.
 
 
"WELL THEN QUIT BEING A SPOILED BRAT AND THINK OF SOMEONE ELSE FOR A CHANGE!" he retorted, rubbing the spot where she had kicked him.
 
 
"I'm not only thinking of myself," said Serenity, sitting down on a bench, kicking her feet back and forth. "I just don't think I can handle it!"
 
 
Endimion sat down next to her and stared at his feet. "You have to at least try. If you don't even try, then you are letting everyone down."
 
 
Serenity began to tear up and looked at Endimion. "Why do I have to be the one that everyone looks up to? I'm only eleven years old! I shouldn't have to do all of this stuff!" With that, she began to stream tears and Endimion took her in his arms.
 
 
"Listen, Serenity. You aren't alone in this. You have Minako, and Makoto. You have Ami and Rei. You even have Jaedite, Kunzite, Nefurite, and Zoisite to help you. You aren't alone in this battle. You have me too." Serenity stopped crying and nodded her head slightly.
 
 
"I guess,” she muttered, and then stood up with a look of determination. "Then I have to at least try! I'm not alone, so I can't leave everyone else to fight for me!"
 
 
Without even a bye, she ran off to where she would be training, leaving Endimion confused on the bench. 'One minute she's screaming, next she's clam, then she's crying and now she's determined!"
 
 
"Serenity!" screamed Rei to a panting Serenity, "You are late! This is the first day!"
 
 
"Calm down, Rei-chan," said Minako, getting up off of a bench she was seated on. "Serenity has to worry about much more than you, so give her a break."
 
 
"Yeah, maybe she choked and it's a miracle she got here!" called Makoto from a tree she was sitting in. Each of the girls were wearing skirts that went to their knees and a long sleeve blouse. Makoto jumped from the tree and looked around. "Lady Minerva is not here either."
 
 
Serenity looked around and saw Lady Minerva approaching. All the girl stood together and greeted their teacher. "Now that Princess Serenity has arrived, we will begin," she stated simply, motioning towards an empty field. "We will start with the basics." Together, the group walked over to the field and Lady Minerva addressed them by their planetary names. "Now then, we will start with your planets powers. Mercury, you are the senshi of wisdom. You have a great power to analyze a situation, quickly find patterns in your enemies' attacks, and form a plan in seconds. You will use the element of water in all of your attacks.
 
 
"Venus, you are the senshi of love. You have the power to use love to protect the ones you do love. Don't be afraid to love anyone, because the more love you have, the stronger you will feel. You will use love based attacks at all times.
 
 
"Mars, you are the senshi of fire and soul. You have the power to see into the flames, to feel upcoming dangers, to rid objects of evil, and to manipulate the fire to your will. You will use the element of fire in most of your attacks along with charms.
 
 
"Jupiter, you are the senshi of the sky. You have the power to use thunder and lightning to your will. You will use lightning and thunder as the base for all of your attacks.
 
 
"Moon, you are the senshi of the Moon, the senshi of love, the senshi of truth and justice. Your power is to protect all of the kingdoms, to help all who are in need. Your attacks will vary depending on the level of energy you have obtained."
 
 
All of the girls nodded slightly, knowing not to speak unless directed to do so, although Serenity found it hard. She wanted to make a comment about everything that had been said. "Now we will look at your henshin objects." Lady Minerva walked to each girl, handing her what appeared to be a stick with their planet's sign and colours. Each looked at Serenity as Lady Minerva handed her a locket. "Now then, Princess Minako. Please step forward." Minako did so, and Lady Minerva stepped back. "Okay, I want you to all to pay attention. Minako, dear, when you are ready, please say 'Venus Power Make-up!' with as much feeling as you feel comfortable with."
 
 
Minako shifted her weight from foot to foot and bit her bottom lip. She had no idea what would happen and she wasn't exactly ready to be the first to find out. Lady Minerva waited patiently, knowing how difficult it must be. Finally, after a few prodding's from her fellow scouts, she decided to go for it. "Venus Power Make-up!" she yelled, louder than she thought she would have. The words had just come out as if she had said them thousands of times. A rush of wind seemed to surround her as she felt energy flow through her. She moved gracefully, as if this was a well-practiced skill that she had been doing since her birth. She calmed herself as she felt the wind around her die.
 
 
"Well that wasn't that bad,” she said, turning to the others. To her surprise, they were all looking at her if she was disgusting. "What?" Makoto pointed down at Minako's clothing, and Minako shrieked loudly. "WHAT AM I WEARING?" The short fuku skirt was unfamiliar to the young princesses. Each of them had learned that your skirt was not to be above your ankles, and these skirts were far above their knees. Minako quickly made to cover up her legs, and Lady Minerva giggled softly.
 
 
"Ladies, this is your fuku outfit. You will learn why the length of the skirt is important. Have you ever tried to run in a long skirt?" The girls just stared at Lady Minerva as she giggled again, and each looked at their henshin sticks. "Alright then. Let's move on. Makoto, it's your turn." Each girl stepped forward and each in turn scrambled to cover their legs before anyone else could see. "So that leaves Serenity. Please step forward. Now then, your command is slightly different from the others..."
 
 
Before Lady Minerva could continue her sentence, Serenity called out "Moon Prism Power Make-up!" and began her transformation. Lady Minerva was impressed, as were the others. When Serenity had finished transforming, the entire group went to sit down in the garden for a few lessons. Each girl sat carefully, trying to ensure that her skirt didn't fly up or show anything not meant to be shown. Lady Minerva got great amusement out of this behavior. "This is very important. Please listen closely. You must not call each other by your names after you have transformed. You are to call each other by your planet's name at all times. This is for your protection! If I ever hear you say the name of a fellow senshi, and it is not their planet's name, you will pay dearly. It is extremely important that you remember this! It could mean the life of your families and friends, not to mention yourselves."
 
 
"I think you all have been through enough. I'll let you figure out how to transform back." Lady Minerva said, walking away gracefully, not saying another word.