Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 11

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Hello all! Well here it is! Chapter 11 and the start of Usagi's Trials! Good reviews and ratings please! No flames! Write based on reviews! Standard disclaimers!






Usagi waited. It was pointless to try and rush Chronos, for he was the Master of Time itself and he did things in his own way, in his own time. "Are you afraid?" he asked her abruptly.




"Yes." Usagi replied quietly.



"Not nearly frightened enough. I know what awaits you." he replied grimly. "The first Trial is the easiest and if you survive then they only get more difficult. There are tweleve Trials total. Tell me why." he ordered.



Usagi paused as she thought about it. She had known about the Trials but not the sheer number of them. Twelve Trials! "I must face a Trial for each one of my Senshi I'm guessing, that's eight, one for Mamoru and one for my mother and one for myself. But that is only eleven, what the twelfth is, I do not know."



"Nor shall you until you reach it, however you have them in the wrong order, but no matters." he led her to a gate into an idyllic garden. It was a beautiful sight. "If you survive these Trials as your mother did, you will be the greatest Queen of all. I won't lie to you Usagi, out of all the people who attempt the Trials few survive. Your great great aunt couldn't do it, it had to pass to her sister, her daughter couldn't do it, it passed back to her sister's daughter and so on. Failure means death, never forget it even if you forget everything else." he gestured to a bowl that sat on a pedestle nearby. "Your memories flow like water, and are as fluid. This bowl holds your memories. If ever it is emptied, so go your memories. The first time is for what once was. For this Trial there is no time limit, but for others there will be. Go face your past, if you dare."



Usagi said a prayer to Mamoru,to her Senshi, to her mother and then stepped through the gate. Instantly, whiteness came upon her brain and she blinked in confusion. Where was she? Or more straight to the point...WHO was she?








Mamoru forced himself to walk across the room to Rei who had a wicked smile on her face and held her arms out. He tried to bite back a snort as he remember Yuuichirou and his words. 'Gentle heart my ass!' he thought with scorn as he knelt next to her. Rei rolled to him and posed provocatively he supposed, to him it looked like she had a backache. "I'm at a loss for words." he said in a low voice.




"Mamo-chan." Rei breathed as she curled her body around him, as a snake circling itself around its prey before it began squeezing it to death. "You have finally seen the light."



'No denying that.' Mamoru thought. His girlfriend was light itself.




"You have come to your senses and come to me." Rei grinned wickedly. "Tonight is about passion. About pleasure. About us. You need say no words, for it is written in your eyes."



'I bet it is.' he thought grimly, forcing a smile on his lips. "Tonight Chibi Usa shall be conceived at last."



"And if it fails within me, Helios has joined the playing field and he will force Usagi-baka to submit to the conception of my darling girl by taking from her that which she values most and holding it for ransom. Chibi Usa will be born irregardless." Rei tossed her head, her raven locks flying out behind her. "Words are no longer needed my love, come to me and show me all that I need to learn. I am not your first, the tales of you in bed are fascinating, but I will be your last, and I will be your wife."



'In a pigs eye.' Mamoru retorted as all she said gleefully sunk in. 'Helios! You son of a bitch! You traitor!' he thought furiously. 'You have made your choice my dear cousin, I hope you are prepared for the consequences of your actions.' he frowned at Rei who had offered herself to him and closed her eyes. 'How the HELL am I going to get out of this one? Think Kamen, think!' he ordered himself. To buy himself some time, he ran his hands down Rei's smooth expanse of flat stomach and she shivered with joy even as he shivered in revulsion. Were those scales he felt?








Hotaru prayed. She was not big on prayer actually, never had been. When one was the anti-Christ one did not often pray to any deity, but she did now. She prayed for Usagi, knowing this first Trial, while being the easiest would be one Usagi would not expect. This attack would startle and terrify Usagi and she prayed that she could finish. Setsuna roused at last. "Where is she?"




"She has begun the first Trial, Helios has chosen his side, and Mamoru is fighting nausea. Helios and Chibi Usa and Luna have come up with a plan to force Usagi to submit to them. Basically they are going to have her raped." Hotaru summed up.



"With Helios and Chibi Usa, we CAN intervene." Setsuna said, an evil smile on her face. "Let us tell Haruka and Michiru. I have a sneaking suspicion that Helios will be a enuch before long."



"Minako has been forgiven, and I know the past as I watched it in your mind." Hotaru finished.



Setsuna shrugged. "Now you know and knowledge is power. Just remember Hotaru, we must learn from the past."



"That is why it was so important that Usagi destroy Beryl at D-point isn't it?" Hotaru questioned. "She had to punish her rogue Senshi."



"Beryl betrayed her Princess for power and longevity. She killed her Princess twice in actuality and if any of the Senshi had been strong enough we would have killed her ourselves, but she was a servant of the Princess and only her sovreign could make her pay. Usagi did that. She killed Beryl, the fallen senshi and taught all of us a lesson. Now one of her senshi have betrayed her again."



Hotaru's eyes widened. "She has to kill Rei, doesn't she?"



Setsuna shrugged. "I don't know Hotaru. Usagi has changed the Timeline and I cannot see the future or know what is going to happen any more than you do. My vision is blocked."



"And we wait some more." Hotaru sighed.



"Not quite." Setsuna shook her head and then smiled grimly, holding her Time Staff. "Let's hunt some horse."










She turned, startled as a twig broke behind her. She beheld a lovely girl who appeared to be her own age with blue hair. "Hello." she offered.



The girl nodded. "I am wondering, why are you here?" she asked in a gentle voice.



"I'm looking for something." Usagi replied.



"And something you have found." she smiled.



"How do I leave?"



The girl looked hurt. "Do you not like my garden? This is my home. I have power over the waters here."



"Your home is beautiful and I apologize for intruding upon your solitude, but I have important things to do and cannot linger."



The girl shook her head. "You have entered my realm, for you there can be no turning back."



"Then help me to go forward. What is your name?"



"I am Ami of Mercury, high Priestess to the God Mercury and one with power over the waters and the ice."



"I am..." Usagi faltered. "Well I don't know who I am but that matters not. Can you help me?"



Ami tilted her head to one side and looked at her, speculative. "You said you had important things to do."



"I do."



"Yet you cannot remember something as simple as your own name."



"Names matter not."



"It is an excuse! A lie!" Ami burst out as she swiftly covered the remaining ground between them and took Usagi's head between her hands. "Always you hide the truth from yourself, always you lie and tell stories. No more!" she shook her head. "No more!" Usagi squirmed and tried to get away. "This is for what once was Nameless One!"



At Ami's touch, flashes went through Usagi's head almost faster than she could keep track. Memories of things long forgotten from the Silver Millennium, truths hidden to blunt pain from her previous life and from this life. Usagi's soul was stripped bare and laid in front of her. She saw the truth, that she had wanted Endymion to die in the Silver Millennium because she was too selfish to share, she would not listen to Setsuna because she was too stubborn to listen to anyone but herself. She was guilty of all the deadly sins...Gluttony....she watched herself eat...Sloth...she saw her laziness and she tried to deny it....Pride...she saw her showing off her new dresses and prancing about the palace, she saw herself showing off Endymion...Mamory...Vanity...she primped in front a mirror, always pausing to look at herself, always beaming at the looks she pretended not to notice, she was hot and why shouldn't she be? She was a Princess, she was a blonde, she was a fool...Lust...trying to seduce Endymion...trying to seduce Mamoru...Covetousness...she wanted what the members of he court had, despite the fact that she had everything, always wanting Mako's cooking or Rei's manga...Envy...Minako and the others were so beautiful, Ami was so smart, Michiru so perfect....Wrath...Chibi Usa, Luna and Rei being the receptacles for her deadly wrath, Beryl being victimized in her senshi training and getting her wrath...



She shook her head screaming in agony, this wasn't her! This wasn't what she was! She was good, she was pure, she was kind! A bowl of water sat innocently nearby. Wrenching herself out of Ami's unyielding grip, she held up the bowl prepared to dump it out. "That's not me you lying whore!" she screamed as Ami watched her with an unreadable expression on her face.



A disembodied voice floated into her head. 'If ever the bowl is emptied...so go your memories...' "To be free of the pain and the lies." she said aloud, closing her eyes and raising the bowl.



"To forget your love and your dreams and your hopes." Ami retorted.



"To no longer have to deal with untruths and unreasonable expectations."



"To become that which you loathe. To give up all that you have worked so hard to achieve, to build."



Usagi paused, wavered and hesitated. Ami swiftly knelt down next to her and placed her hands on her face again. Once again Usagi was inundated with images, she writhed, she screamed in pain, she shook her head in denial. Her back arched as Ami wouldn't let go, as all that once was tortured her mind. Abruptly she stopped fighting and stared at the bowl. She could fight and deny all she wanted. Or not. She looked at the images swarming through her mind and smiled gently. She had to accept it. It was the truth.









Mamoru decided to do something he had sworn never to do. He couldn't kiss Rei, couldn't make love to her, could hardly stand to touch her. He slowly slid his hands up to her temples and rubbed them in a circular motion then brought them behind her neck and felt for the pressure point. Rei's eyes flew open briefly before unconciousness claimed her. Mamoru looked up to see Yuuichirou in the room, watching. "I knew you couldn't betray that blonde ditz for Rei." was all he said.



Mamoru stood, seeing Yuuichirou with his fists clenched. "Yuuichirou..."



Yuuichirou knelt next to Rei. "Go Mamoru, just go. I'll undress her and make her think that a good time was had by all. I will not betray you. I love her Mamoru, and I will protect her."



Mamoru laid his hand on Yuuichirou's shoulder and smiled gratefully at him. "Thank you." then paused. "Perhaps I can help."



Yuuichirou arched an eyebrow. "I'm listening."









"I know what you are trying to do." Usagi said as she looked at Ami in the eyes.



"And what are you going to do?"



"Go forth. I cannot change the past, nor would I if I could. That is me. Those are the truths I have hidden from myself to ease the burden. I accept that. I accept who I am and I will try harder. What else can I do?"



Ami smiled and stood away from her, holding the bowl of memories tightly. She turned to Chronos who appeared and smiled. "Kneel." he commanded.



Usagi knelt before Chronos as he poured the bowl of memories out. "You are washed clean of false pride and sin. You are washed clean of who you once were. You are pure in all things. You have passed your first Trial."








Helios and Chibi Usa lay together entwined in the aftermath of passion, plotting, scheming, planning Usagi's downfall, planning her demise, planning all that could and would be theirs. Luna slept at their feet, content. Dark plans and dark purposes shrouded the two, and they did not see the light that was watching them, tears on a pale face, and despair in a purified heart.






So endeth this chapter! I hope you liked! Remember no flames! Good reviews and ratings! Read and review but BE KIND! I don't write if people are nasty and evil creatures! More coming soon! Hope this chapter doesn't suck as much as I think it does!

Ja!