Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Watch Me Shine ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author: Serenitas
Email: serenitai@sailormoon.com
Title: Watch Me Shine Chapter 13
Rating: R
Series: Sailor Moon





Hello all! Here is yet another chapter of my story! I haven't been in a writing mood lately and that is why this chapter is late. To those who pointed out that it is rather Robert Jordanesque, you're right! I never even noticed or thought of that until after it was written...the rings and all that. I had forgotten. Well no plagarism or infrigement on Robert Jordan intended! In any case, I am accepting fanfics on my websites, so please feel free to submit! Check out my websites! Read and review but be kind please! Enjoy this latest offering! And thank you to everyone who read my author's notes and gave me support and confidence and encouragement. I give a personal thanks to each and every one of you! Thank you so much! And now....the chapter you've been waiting for...at last!






The cold seemed to penetrate Usagi to the bones, her mind a muddled mass of nothingness. Slowly, too slowly, the world came back into focus. Unlike the first Trial, she retained memory, her sense of self. Movement to her right brought her head around, and she stood face to face with yet another of her Senshi. "Makoto." she murmured as she walked towards the girl slowly. Makoto's normally warm and laughing eyes held an unrestrained fury in them as she paused several feet away from her.





"You." was all Makoto said bitterly. "So full of pretentious visions, so full of yourself. You care nothing for the common person, you think only of you."



Usagi blinked, unprepared for this attack from Makoto. She had heard it enough from Rei, but to hear it from her loyal friend was a bit much for her to bear. "I'm sorry you think that Makoto, but there is no proof of that." she said calmly, priding herself on being able to stay calm under the blunt attack.




Makoto's eyes narrowed as her lips curled into a smirk. "Is that so? Perhaps a wager would not go amiss here?"




Usagi eyed her askance. She knew that during the Trials it was not her actual senshi, but Makoto would never act like this towards her. "A wager?"




Makoto nodded firmly. "A wager my dear. If I show you proof that you care only for yourself and nothing for others, then you will stay here in this moment for the rest of Time. If you show me evidence to the contrary, you are free to go, if you can get past the other Guardian who awaits you here."




Usagi was startled. Two Trials in one? Could she handle that? No turning back now, and her time was limited in this place. "Agreed."




Makoto swiftly walked towards her, her dress of the deepest forest green billowing around her, making her appear a forest nymph who had come to play, if not for the cold fury burning deep in her eyes. She took Usagi by the hand and said nothing, just waved her arm in front of her. ~Look~ the thought came into Usagi's mind unbidden. She watched and her jaw dropped as she realized that this was a wager that she cold very well lose.











"We're gonna beat up horse-boy!" Haruka hummed to herself as they prepared to enter the room where Chibi Usa and Helios were quite absorbed in each other. Luna slept on gently, not seeing a set of blue eyes watching her from a dark corner, narrowed into slits. "Allow me this honour of breaking down the door."





With a feral grin on her face Haruka kicked down the door which fell in shards to the floor. Luna leapt to her feet, Helios and Chibi Usa frozen in an almost comical position, the looks on their faces pure fury and humiliation. Without a word Setsuna waved her Orb and brought it crashing down upon the centre of the bed, separating them. Helios rose with rage in his eyes, preparing to launch himself at the intruders only to find himself on the business end of Hotaru's Glaive, a merciless and cold look in her dark eyes. Chibi Usa scowled and stood, not caring that she was naked and began muttering words to which Michiru stopped when she effectively gagged her with one of her gloves.





"This will get you nowhere." Helios said very carefully as Hotaru moved the tip of her Glaive into his throat, nicking him ever so slightly. "Why not come taste the glory of winning and join us? This *could* be forgiven and forgotten if you serve us."




"Over my cold, dead body." Haruka said in a voice that radiated flames. "You little....demon spawned, horned traitor!"




Helios smiled enigmatically. "The world needs my Maiden, it does not need the Ditz." he shook his head. "She deserves all she gets, she needs to be taken down a few pegs, she needs to have everything taken from her and realize that she never should have treated the Maiden the way she has. She will pay for all she has done."




Michiru cracked her knuckles, a contrast to Haruka. Haruka radiated fury and flames, Michiru was calmness and ice. Setsuna and Hotaru were liquid death. "Give me a reason." Hotaru said in a whisper. "Give me a reason and I swear to you I will."




Chibi Usa had wrested Michiru's glove from her mouth. "How dare you attack your sovreign! On your knees now!"




"I'd rather roast in hell." Setsuna replied.




"Usagi has crossed me and ruined my plans once and for all!" Chibi Usa ranted. "She has taken my Mamo-"




"You little whore." Michiru said in a voice colder than the deepest winter night. "Do you not realize that by attempting to seduce your own father you are commiting incest? By the sheer fact that you claim to want him BEFORE he is your father makes no sense, he is your father in all times. You seduce him, you are never born...on the other hand that is a bonus if you do succeed. You are too foolish to make this grandstanding power play against Usagi."




"She is too stupid to be taken seriously." Chibi Usa waved a hand, sniffing derisivley. "I am the true, the one, and the only Queen that is needed. I MIGHT be persuaded to excuse this awful lapse in judgement if you submit to me now. Fear me and revere me, and I will bring you what Usagi cannot." she shook her head. "And Hotaru, truly I expected better from you."




If looks could kill...but perhaps they could. Hotaru visibly swallowed as she met Chibi Usa's eyes. Clashing. Painful. Red upon black. Friend versus friend. Betrayal. Pain. Emotions flew between them swifter than could have been though and Hotaru lifted her Glaive from Helios' throat, causing him to breathe a sigh of relief. Chibi Usa smiled triumphantly. "Chibi Usa," she began in a small voice. "I am truly, very, horribly sorry for all of this." she said in a small voice.



The Outers were staring at her with something akin to horror as Luna laughed triumphantly in the background and Helios moved towards Chibi Usa, only to go flying back as Haruka's fist made contact with his ribs, effectively knocking the wind out of him. "Ah Hotaru, you are weak willed and weak spirited. No wonder your father used you to house Mistress 9, you are good for nothing better. I take you back of course, you can be my confidante and lapdog." Chibi Usa smiled. "Come to me Hotaru."




Hotaru turned until she faced Chibi Usa. "Are you INSANE?" Haruka hissed from behind her, having punched Helios in the eye as he tried once more to get to Chibi Usa. She was currently twisting his arm behind his head in a most unnatural and what appeared to be a painful fashion.




"I'm so sorry." Hotaru repeated, her eyes downcast, her head lowered as she stared at the floor. Her Glaive swung through the air, an arc of death and came to rest at the wide eyes and nose of Chibi Usa. "Or perhaps not." she said in a dead voice. "You user. You betrayer. You are prepared to commit matricide, all for no reason, nothing good will come of this. In the future where you rule it is a cold and dead place, people having fled your presence. There is no love in you, you rule over a dead and abandoned world."




Haruka let out a brief cheer as she released Helios' left leg from where she had been attempting to wrap it around his throat. His pleas for mercy went unnoticed by her, as Setsuna gripped her Orb in two hands and prepared to have some batting practice on him. Michiru had turned her attention to Luna and was stalking the cat across the room.




"It's not true!" Chibi Usa protested as Hotaru moved her Glaive closer.




Hotaru brought her hands up the Glaive so her lips were close to Chibi Usa's ears. "You know what I can do now?" she whispered hotly. "A power Usagi taught me, the bringer of life and death. I can suck your soul out from you should I so desire. Your next words could be your last. I can sever your string of life so easily, snuff that evil light that gleams in your eyes, destroy you before you destroy all that is precious and valuable in this world." she paused. "Yet I will not, for if I take your miserable life in cold blood, I become no better than you. No Chibi Whore I will not kill you, nor will I curse you. Instead, I grant you LIFE."




Chibi Usa's body trembled with terror at Hotaru's quiet yet firm words. "You cannot stop me."




"You go near her," Michiru began. "And our wrath is the least of what you have to face. You attempt to kill her and we will kill you ourselves. You try to rape her, and the fate that awaits you will make the firey pits of hell seem like a gentle dream."




Setsuna looked up from where she had been using Helios as a pinata, Haruka holding him above her head. "Your mother and father want to have some words with you my dear, and it is time you returned to the future where you belong."




"Not just yet." Chibi Usa sneered in a dark voice. "You have no idea of the mistake you have made, of the powers you have crossed, of the destruction I am about to unleash. Chaos will seem like nothing by the time that I am done!" she raised her hands above her head. "You have not seen the last of me or mine! We will overthrow the useless one, the usurper, the one who dared to curse me with this life and I will have ALL that belongs to me! All that is hers will be mine! The future belongs to me!"




"You flamingo haired nutjob," Haruka shook her head as she threw Helios on the bed, his body contorted into a ball, having been beaten rather badly. "You cannot win."



"We will see." Chibi Usa smiled cruelly as she snapped her fingers. "Luna, come!" she commanded. Luna, who was most occupied with avoiding Michiru who was trying to swat her like a fly bounded onto the bed. "Until next time!" Chibi Usa said gleefully as she vanished with a pain stricken Helios and Luna.




"Knew I should've taken her first." was all Haruka said as they sighed, their message clearly delivered. They did not notice the streak of white that bounded out of the room to avoid detection.











Usagi watched, for there was nothing else she could do.



**A little girl being held on her mother's lap. "Mama do you think we will be saved soon?" "Of course my child. There is Hope out there and she loves us. Hang on for one more day and perhaps we will find food then." the woman in rags held her child closer.



**A young boy knelt on the floor, his face raised to the sky. "Hope I know you can hear me, wherever you are. I am afraid to die. Save me, as you save the senshi. I care nothing for youma, but I fear the pain that comes with this disease..."



**"Hope my love has been bought and sold. I'm only sixteen but I feel a hundred years old. My foster father went and took me, I ran away, the street life isn't better but at least I do get paid."




**"Hope you save us from youma, you keep us going and burn in our hearts. Yet where are now?"



**"Hope we are nothing but outcasts, please help us. We have been hungry since birth. Show us mercy that we cannot find on earth. Help us people, we look to you still... Hope please help us because no one else will."



**"I do not ask for wealth, or ask for fame, I do not want glory to shine on my name. I only want love that I cannot possess, I ask for you to bless me."




**"I ask for nothing, I can get by, but there are so many more that are not as lucky as I. Please help us Hope, we are poor and downtrod. I thought we all were defended by you."




**"She is so strong, she saves us from youma, she keeps us safe, she watches over us always." "Ah but my child, do youma ever truly bother us? How do you know she is watching? Will she know if you die? Will she care? You are not one of her chosen, not one of her senshi, why should she bother with us?"



On and on the images came, the pleas, the desperation, the sorrow that Usagi thought she had prevented, but in truth had only made worse. For all her banishing of Chaos, for all of her fighting of youma, it mattered nothing to these people who were beaten, starving, abused. She raised her eyes to Makoto, who had triumph in her gaze. "Do you still deny that you are not conceited? Do you dare to tell me that you are not self absorbed? These are the poverty stricken, the godless, the children of opression, an opression you have failed to banish. Do you dare face me and the truth and tell me that you have the thoughts of the greater good, of the people in your heart?" she sneered.




"Yes." Usagi replied honestly. "I did not know about this, I did not know that my notoriety has carried me so far, that people pray to me and yearn for me and desire me to alleviate all their ills. I am not a Goddess, I have not that power, but everything I have done, I have done with my whole heart and soul. I want only to protect, to save, I do not want suffering and my heart bleeds for all those people. WHen I assume my throne, I will see that every person on this planet is looked after, and no one goes hungry or cold, but until then my hands are tied."



"Words. Words mean little here." she gestured to an hourglass. "The sands of Time pour against you conceited one. You have failed to convince me."



Usagi closed her eyes and let her crescent moon shine brightly. "I will save all of them, every single one of them. I know my failings. I have tried so hard and not succeeded, but I will. I am a failure thus far, but that only means I can grow more. I have made many errors, but they can be rectified. I will protect this planet with all that I am. With all of the love here in my heart and all of the strength in my hands. I have only the good of the people in mind."




Makoto backed up from the heartfelt words and eyed her, assessing her. Judging her. "So you do." she said finally. "You are free to pass from here. Time grows short and you have yet to convince the Guardian to let you out of here. Remember the wager is still in effect. You have little time before the hourglass is empty and you will remain here for the rest of Time." she paused. "I look forward to the company."



Usagi said nothing, but turned and rapidly strode towards what she thought must be a way out, a clearing that was lined by trees, perfectly spaced out, perfectly aligned. The unnaturalness in this place made it seem natural. She ran towards the endless blue where it merged with the green, a world in itself, and skidded to a stop when the Guardian came out.









Well that ends that! Thanks to everyone for your patience, I just haven't felt much like writing this past week, what with all that is going on here. I do hope this chapter wasn't sucky crap! I do hope you enjoyed. Read and review but be kind.

Ja ne!