Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Author's Notes ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Allright people, time to do something I hate and that is being forced to write some authors notes to defend my position on my story, and I do detest it. Since I have received numerous flames and vast criticisms about this story, it is time to lift up my verbal blade and defend myself.




1. It is implied I do not know what incest is, due to Chibi Usa wanting to seduce her father. I DO know what it is, and it is her very derangement that I am bringing into play here, showing she is a sick little fungal spore. I do not like her, I have never claimed to like her and due to the fact that this is FANFICTION and there is the FREEDOM OF SPEECH unless North America has suddenly become communist, one is free to write characters THE WAY THEY WANT TO. I was not aware that I had to write to specific specifications.




2. Rei is far too bitchy. Guess what? Rei was always a bitch! She has always been a bitch and she will always be a bitch! I hate Rei (in case you haven't noticed) and it's going to take alot more than a couple of flames and some people who think they can brainwash me and insult me via email to make me change my mind. Fine, some people like her. It's a free country and unless there is some kind of transmitter that was placed in my head while I slept, I was under the (possibly misguided) perception that one could think whatever the hell they wanted to. For example...if I think my flamers are the biggest arseholes on earth, I am entitled to say it....what's that? No! Not lightning striking me down for not being a mindless drone like everyone else! Horrors!




3. The characters are far too OOC. Again, with the freedom of expression and an imagination, one can make characters any way they damn well want to. Until I get a letter signed by Naoko Takeuchi herself, telling me I have to conform to certain characteristics, I am going to write MY story, MY way. Don't like it, don't read and don't flame me because then I have to write rebuttals like this and that just makes me sad.




4. Mamoru will like Usagi no matter what she acts like. Wanna bet? True, Mamoru and Usagi belong together. True he loves her. However, he doesn't like all the whining, the crying and failing of tests. In fact in the S series after she failed another test, he told her "perhaps we shouldn't see each other for awhile." He does love her, but he learns to respect her in my story after she shows her backbone and stands up for herself. In my opinion (unless I am suddenly not able to have one anymore), he tolerates her until she starts kicking some serious arse in the R and S series. Terribly sorry if I have offended anyone with this. I am so chagrined and will now perform multiple acts of self flagellation to atone for not thinking like everyone else.



5. This story is moving far too fast. Does anyone like a slow moving story? Does anyone like a plot that goes nowhere but says the same thing over and over for 5 chapters before moving on? Forgive me if I say that I like to read a briskly moving story and that is what I write. I reiterate that if you don't like it, don't read it and don't bother to leave me a message on it.



6. I have misrepresented Haruka and Michiru. In my eyes, they are her strongest supporters, her most devoted senshi and therefore will do anything to help their Princess, even if it means subjecting themselves to the likes of Rei and her demented torture.




7. The senshi do not swear. I do not use out and out swear words in my stories, I prefer to use more creative insults. I believe direct and foul swearing to be the sign of a small mind, and it's so much better to insult the hell out of someone without saying a curse to them. Unless someone has been writing in my name, my insults are pretty clean. Oh and while allowances can be made for Makoto and perhaps Haruka to swear, it's not acceptable for the other senshi...again I state freedom of expression, and if you insult my work then please get busy and start doing it to everyone else too. I hate to be singled out in such a blatant fashion.




8. "If I had done my homework I would know that the Galactic Cauldron already had a guardian". Guess what? I knew that! But for the plot purposes of my story, and for interests sake, I decided to change that a litte. So sorry if I am not within standard clone rules. Apologies master!



9. Mamoru's sole purpose is to get up Usagi's skirt. Not true, if it was things would have progressed much faster and much further than they already had. They have not. Mamoru, while discovering the hidden parts of Usagi finds this fascinating. Fascination is an intricate part of seduction and love, as is mystery. He just wants to be close to her, in every way. I'm terribly sorry to all those small minded people who believe that Usagi and Mamoru should be chaste until marriage. I'm sorry, guess I'm going to hell for that one too!




10. My demand for good ratings and reviews is childish. Guess what people? It makes my best friend laugh when I write that in, which is why it is in every chapter! Also, I do tend to suffer from low self confidence, and writing that makes me feel better. Don't like it...mule fritters to you too!



11. I must have justification for how the characters arrived at each given point. Um...thought I had explained it in the story, but for those who are woefully incapable of reading between the lines let me know and I will explain it. For Usagi, she is tired of hiding who she is, her intelligence, her backbone and her abilities. She decides to show the world what she has hidden. Rei has always wanted to be leader, has always been hateful and selfish (sorry to all you Rei advocates out there) and Chibi brat has always wanted her father.




12. Use people in the proper context. Well if everyone marched off a bridge, would you do it too? Isn't individuality a basic human right and part of what makes us who we are? Must we all conform to one specific ideal and write identical stories in identical ways to pacify everyone? I think not. (there's that knell to hell again!)





In sum, this is my story and it is deeply personal to me. Usagi is me, I am her. There are parts of this story where I don't know where she ends and I begin, and vice versa. I realize you cannot please all the people all of the time, but if you insist on flaming me, or on judging me, then perhaps you should read all the story and have all the facts before you begin screaming "horrid, terrible, and oh my eyes!" Don't like it, don't read it.



Apologies to all the people who actually LIKE this story and wanted to read more. Another chapter will be posted shortly. Sorry I had to write this excessively long authors notes, but hopefully things will be cleared up for those who found it excessively foggy, and if this is too hard to understand I can always rewrite it using one syallable words. To those who don't like this story, think it's awful, think I am misrepresenting everyone, think I am ....whatever....Sod the hell off! Who asked you? I certainly didn't and I do believe that when you review a story, you do not need to make attacks on the authors character. And to a certain flamer who shall remain anonymous (you know who you are), your mother probably was one too! And I don't even want to mention what you do with your father...



Take it easy everyone, and to those who WANT to still read this story, please let me know. If this is seen as childish, then so be it. I cannot control what you think, although there are those out there who apparently think that THEY can.



Thank you for your time and patience. (oh and to all you flamers and small minded and petty rump fed ronyons, my friend Chikara says (and these are her words) "go *uck a lemon.")




Serenitas