Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ What If ❯ Painful Past ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hi, everyone. Here I am with another fic. I know I haven't even updated the ones I've got posted. Those of you waiting for an update of The Silver Rose, your wait will be over this weekend. Anyway, this is an AU fic and as you read in my summary, it takes a totally different approach to the SM story. What if Mamoru and Usagi was the same age? What if Luna and Artemis were never awakened? Would Sailor Moon and the Sailor Senshi have ever found their destiny? Well read on. These questions will be answered.

Standard Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon.

Warning: This story suggest/contains rape, abuse, and adult situations, hence the rating. If you feel uncomfortable with this you should hit the back button now.

What If

Serenestorm

Prologue: Painful Past

Mamoru didn't remember his mother, his real mother, all he knew was the abusive woman that he was made to call mother. And his father, ah, his father Chiba Kage, he wished with all his heart that he had never knew him. His mother died in a car accident 5 years ago, when he was 3 years old. His father survived. Maybe someone up there had something against Mamoru, at least that's what he figured. Why else would his father have survived that crash? Yeah, poor Mamoru must have done something real bad in a former life. His mother's father, offered to take in he and his sister after the accident. His father at first refused but his sister, though very young, was the spitting image of his mother, the same black hair; the same purple eyes. Yes Kage gave the old man his sister, his twin sister, but he refused to give him Mamoru. He wanted to raise his son himself, he had told Gaisufu. Mamoru knew the reason his father wanted him around though. He had never wanted a daughter, that's where his sister Rei got lucky, but he would never let go of his son, someone to mold in his image, carry on his name. Mamoru cursed his luck everyday, that he was born a boy, because his new 'mother' liked little boys too, but for an entirely different reason as his father. He could hear the woman coming into his room now. His father was gone, as always, on some business trip. He was alone with her, alone with Okasan. He closed his eyes hoping with whatever faith he had left if he pretended he was asleep she would leave him be. The woman stood over him. He could feel her staring down at him. He tried to keep his eyes closed though, his lips from trembling, from crying out his fear. Okasan didn't like it when he cried; she liked him compliant, still, until she was finished. She reached down for him. He could feel the covers being pulled from him, but still he kept his eyes closed.

"Moru". She said softly almost gently.

He squeezed his eyes shut, the air on his scantily clad skin making him shiver.

"Why do you insist on playing sleep when we both know you are awake"? She said her voice still soft, still sweet. But Mamoru knew that voice well, and though it may have appeared cotton candy sweet, the voice a mother would reserve for her child, he knew it was far from that. He was not her child and she was certainly not his mother.

He felt her hand caress his cheek as an unbidden tear escaped from his eye.

"Open your eyes, Moru". She said as if she was reprimanding him.

Mamoru did as told, knowing if he didn't things would only be worst for him. Okasan would make him pay dearly if he defied her.

"There, now I can see those pretty blue eyes of yours." She whispered cupping the boy's face in her hands. She smiled smugly as Mamoru trembled from her grasp.

"Please, no". He whispered more tears drawing from his eyes.

"Kami, no".

But his cries went on deaf ears as once again the woman, the only woman he could ever remember calling mother touched him as no child should be touched.

I know this chapter was sad, what can I say, I hated to write it but it does draw attention to some real issues, child abuse and sexual abuse, something I am adamantly against. This sets up my story though and I told you this fic was going to be a little different from the norm. So stay tuned and review if you think I should continue.

BTW: Japanese used in this chapter:

Kami- God

Okasan- Mother

Gaisufu- Maternal grandfather

Chiba Kage- Shadow of Earth