Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Why Live? ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So this is my first Fanfic

So this is my first Fanfic. I hope it's ok.

I don't own any of the Sailor moon stuff. Although it would be cool if I did.

Why Live?

This is the end. I've held them all back for to long. I'm always tripping and falling down, and making everything worse. They could be so much better without me.

I was standing at the top of the tallest building I could find. To night I'm going to leave them. It's not like they need me. The scouts are always yelling at me. They say I'm always late and that it would have been better if I never came. Well, now I never will. Darien doesn't need me either. He has Reni.

I stepped to the edge of the building. The wind blew my hair back out of my face and a solitary tear escaped and plummeted towards the ground.

Darien's POV

Serena is missing again. She was supposed to meet me at the movies, but she never came. I called her house but her mother thought she was with me. I got in contact with the rest of her friends and they didn't know where she was either. Now we are searching the city for her. I'm getting more and more worried about her. What if Rubius took her? Just then a drop of water fell onto my cheek. That's just what we need now, rain. I looked up to see how close the rain was, but I didn't see any clouds. It was a clear evening and the sun was sinking. I was about to look away, but something caught my eye. A girl was standing on the edge of the building crying. Another of her tears fell onto my face. She leaned closer to the edge. Then it hit me. She was going to kill herself. What on earth could be so bad that this girl would want to take herself out of the world?

I had to stop her; nothing can be that bad. I took off running into the building. I pressed the button for the elevator and the doors swung open like it had been waiting for me. I rode it up to the top. It took about a minute, but it felt like a hour. As soon as the door opened I bolted out and screamed "No!"

The girl swung around to look at me. The face that looked at me wasn't the one I was expecting, "Serena! What are you doing!?"

She stepped off the edge to look me in the eye, "What does it look like Darien?"

She's mad at me. Gods, did I push her to this? What did I do? "Serena," I said softly, "Please don't,"

"Right, now you want me around. What's the point of my staying? You have Reni! Obviously, you find her more interesting than me. Just go be with her, and let me die in peace!"

Her words pierced my heart. How could she think that I don't want her around? Doesn't she know I love her? "Please don't say that. I love you so much Serena. You mean the world to me. Please don't leave me alone. I've been alone for so long. Gods, Serena, I need you,"

She looked up at me, "What good am I to you? I'm sure Reni would be more than happy to stay with you,"

"I don't want Reni. Serena, Reni can't please me the way you can. I want to wake up every morning and see your face sleeping next to me,"

A tear slid down her face. I wiped it away with my thumb.

"Darien, I love you so much, but you can survive without me. Everything will be better without me," She turned and walked back towards the edge of the building, "Everything will be better," She said almost more to herself than to me.

"No Serena! Please! No!" I ran towards her, but she had already climbed up to the edge.

See look I can make cliffhangers too! Get it cliffhangers. Bwahahahahahaha. Ok so maybe not the best of jokes but it was there and I just had to use it. Well, r & r and if I get enough requests you will find out if Serena jumps.