Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Will love conquer all? ❯ Bad Dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 2

Bad Dream

" Princess Serena, Princess Serena, we have to go now!" Serena looked around and saw Luna standing there staring at her.

" Now Princess, we have to go!" Said Luna, running up and pulling on the princess's dress.

" Yes I know Luna. But I can not leave without my mother and prince Darien, I will not leave them here to die!" The princess said, running off in the direction if the explosions.

" Princess wait, come back, you have to leave, your not safe he…" Luna was knocked off her feet before she could finish calling out to the princess. When the last of the princess was out of sight, Luna was afraid it would be the last time she would see the princess alive.

As the princess run through the halls, she was knocked several times from her feet by explosions, but regained her footing and kept searching for the people she loved. ` Where are they, I cant leave without them' she thought as she ran.

She came to an open courtyard to see her mother fighting queen beryl on her own, with Darien unconscious on the ground. She had the sudden urge to run out and help the people she loved, but something inside said stay there, so she did.

And with every aching moment she watched her mother being defeated, she ignored that voice more and more, until her mother was on the ground and she had had enough.

She ran out to help her mother and Darien, but was struck from her feet by Neflite, one of Beryl's henchmen.

She struggled to her feet and was once more stuck down. With no strength left in her legs, she crawled the rest of the way to her loved one's sides.

" Ha! Your all finally where I want you, the only resistance from earth, the queen of the moon kingdom and her brat of a daughter, you've been a thorn in my side for too long and I don't take kindly to thorns, I get rid of them." And with those words she destroyed everything that stood in her way of absolute power, but the queen had enough time to seal the away before death took her. The princess looked on as each of her loved ones were killed in front of her eyes and now it was her turn. Beryl turned to her and with one flick of her hand the princess was dead.

Serena awoke, face beaded with sweat. She lent forward and placed her head in her hands and just sat there shaking. ` What and awful dream, who was that person called Beryl?' Serena silently asked herself. The sudden movement in the bed had stirred Darien; he looked over only to see Serena slumped forward with her head in her hands shaking.

" Serena, what's wrong, did you have a bad dream?" Darien asked concerned.

Serena looked over to the man she loved, so much concern in his eyes. She suddenly flung herself into his arms and started crying.

" Oh Darien it was awful!" Serena told him through sobs.

" Tell me all about it" Darien said pulling her closer, afraid that if he let her go she would slip away and out of his life forever.

She told him about the dream, about the war, about her mother and about queen Beryl, and she burst into tears again.

" You have nothing to worry about, it was only a dream." Darien said as he pulled her face up so that their eyes met, like they had so many other times.

" But it seemed so real!" exclaimed the frightened girl.

" It's ok, just go back to sleep, if it makes you feel better you'll be safe in my arms all night, ok?" Darien asked, slightly smiling.

" Ok," was all she could say, they both laid back down and were soon again asleep.

Sorry this is such a short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer, in the next chapter a new guy comes to town and tries his hardest to try and win Serena's heart. This will be a very interesting chapter so stick around and read on readers. ^_^