Saint Tail Fan Fiction ❯ I'm With You ❯ I'm With You ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: Not the best fic I wrote, but it was an attempted first shot at St.Tail fan-fic…not too bad…took me like twenty minutes….it was okay…I know that "I'm with You" by Avril Lavigne is not a really slow slow song but I think it's suits this topic well…I got this idea a long time ago…but I just never had the time….this happens like right after the little ending in Book 7…you know what I'm talking about? No? I mean the magna…you know how there is a extra Book 7 where it talks about what happens directly after St.Tail's been caught? Well yeah…that's where my song-fic fits in…I actually thought about doing the fic right in the middle of the story but then that means that Asuka Jr. didn't find out about St.Tail and Meimi yet, so if I write the song-fic…people will ask for a sequel so I thought this version would be better….I hope I get some reviews for this…

Disclaimer: I don't own St.Tail or the song "I'm With You"…leave me and my imagination alone….

I'm With You

By Sakura Kinomoto

Meimi Haneoka sat on the bench staring at the people dancing with joy at the New Year's dance the community was having. The music and the crowd don't seem to cheer her up. Maybe she should go and enjoy herself but she couldn't. Something in her didn't feel like being happy at all. She should be happy. She really should be. Why wouldn't anyone be happy at this time of the year? A new year has arrived just ten minutes ago and it meant a new beginning and new memories. Meimi though was stuck in her past memories. Maybe she should keep herself busy, away from all these thoughts, but her friends were nowhere in sight. No one could help her. She sighed. After that night when she became St.Tail the last time, she thought she would feel better, but she didn't. She was still wondering if Asuka Jr. really liked her or did he like St.Tail more. When she thought she had solved all her problems, they all seem to come back to her. Where is Asuka Jr. when she needs him?

As if to answer her prayers, Asuka Jr. appeared by her side. "Hey, Meimi," said the boy. Meimi smiled at him. She's glad he's here. "You okay?" asked Asuka Jr. "You seem to be a little spaced out. Don't you want to dance?"

Meimi shook her head. "I don't feel like it yet. I just wanted some time alone, that's all."

"Oh," replied Asuka Jr. "Mind if I join you then?" Meimi smiled and shook her head. Asuka Jr. sat down beside her on the bench. "You know, are you still worried about St. Tail and…me?"

The girl looked at him in surprise. "Asuka Jr…I…"

Asuka Jr. smiled. "You don't hide your feelings very well. Why are you worrying though? Trust me, the only reason I would have feelings for St.Tail is how much she reminds me of you. Also, she's mysterious therefore lures me to catch her and reveal her true identity."

"Really?" The boy nodded his head earnestly. Just then a slow song came on. Asuka Jr. laughed and pulled Meimi up to her feet. "Come on, let's dance," he declared. Meimi looked at him and she giggled. "Fine," she replied. Soon the two were on the dance floor moving to the slow beat.

I'm standing on the bridge

I'm waiting in the dark

I thought that you'd be here

by now

There's nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground

I'm listening

but there's no sound

At first, the two were standing a safe distance apart from each other. Then they moved closer and closer until Meimi's head leaned on Asuka Jr.'s shoulder. Meimi sighed in contentment. She felt so safe in Asuka Jr.'s arms.

Isn't anyone trying to find me?

Won't somebody come take me home?

The song seems to be singing her thoughts out when she was St.Tail. That's how she felt. She longed for Asuka Jr.'s revelation of her identity yet was so afraid he'd hate her for that.

It's this damn cold nights

trying to figure out this life

Won't you

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I..

I'm with you

I'm with you

All those notice cards she sent was to hope that she could see Asuka Jr. without fighting or arguing with him. So that she could see him as St.Tail and play a game of cops and robbers. Meimi's arms tightened around Asuka Jr.'s waist. She'll never let go of him now that all has been revealed.

I'm looking for a place

I'm searching for a face

Is anybody here I know?

Cause nothings going right

And everything's a mess

And no one likes to be alone

Isn't anyone trying to find me?

Won't somebody come take me home?

She was lonely when she was St.Tail. Sure, she had her friends and her fights with Asuka Jr. but they didn't give her the satisfaction she wanted. She wanted to see Asuka Jr. as someone he'll not fight with and that he'll actually think about all the time. Not as St.Tail who wasn't who she really is or as Meimi because he hated her, or so she thought. She wanted Asuka Jr. to like her.

It's this damn cold night

trying to figure out this life

Won't you

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I..

I'm with you

I'm with you

Asuka Jr.'s head swirled around with different thought. Meimi was probably thinking about St.Tail right now. He knew for sure that he liked Meimi and he was shocked to find out that Meimi was actually the one he's been chasing around all this time. He actually felt happy. Maybe if it wasn't someone else, he would just be satisfied that he found out, but he was glad that it was Meimi he chasing around all this time. He was angry at first since she lied to him but he got over that. Now and then, he still thinks of St.Tail but only as the mysterious thief he chased before. He thinks of Meimi more and that's the most important. His hands stroked Meimi's long hair. He's delighted now that the girl he likes is in his arms.

Why is everything so confusing?

Maybe I'm just out of my mind

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah YEAHHHHHHHHHH

It's this damn cold night

trying to figure out this life

Won't you

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I..

I'm with you

I'm with you

Why was everything so confusing? Even Meimi was confused by herself. What was it she exactly wanted? For Asuka Jr. to like her as herself or for Asuka Jr. to free her from her loneliness? What did she want?

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I

I'm with you

I'm with you

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I

I'm with you

I'm with you

I'm with you

No matter how confusing she was, she knew one thing. She will always be by Asuka Jr.'s side no matter whom he likes or no matter how much he changes. She smiled. That was all that matters right now. They still had their whole life in front of them. They will face the problems in the future together. Now is the most important.

"I love you, Asuka Jr.," whispered Meimi before her lips met his.

*****

The past is but a memory,

The present is out of control,

The future is in out hands - I forgot where I got this quote from….I think it was from Lelola.Net.