Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ Goodnight, Moon ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Goodnight, Moon
 
a Saiyuki drabble by Setzuka
 
PG rated Saiyuki drabble. Vague manga spoilers. My thoughts on the motivation of a certain someone.
 
Night had fallen. Rain poured down upon the ground as the priest knelt next to the grave, his protégé inches away, disturbed. The teen looked down at the kneeling form of his master, the man's usual seemingly care-free aura now replaced with one of grief. The teen remembered visiting his master's fallen friend a year or so ago. The houshi's successor's countenance was still etched into his memory.
 
“Master,” the teen said, trying to get the man's attention. The heretical priest gave his disciple no answer. Droplets streamed down the man's face, and the boy wasn't sure if it was due to the rain.
 
Tonight was the night of the new moon, the sky above devoid of the beacon that usually lights the night sky. The priest thought that this was fitting, since now he had no guide through his own darkness.
 
The man rose to his feet, removing the crown from his head, allowing it to fall to the soaked ground. He walked away from the grave as his disciple called after him. He had lost what could not be replaced. Unable to hold on to that which was precious to him, the priest's current role was now devoid of meaning. As he walked from the grave of the man who had been his moon, Ukoku Sanzo began to formulate a plan.
 
END