Sakura Wars Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Taisen:Zero One ❯ Teigeki's First Strike! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Oh wow! Hiroya's out! Looks like the world champion still takes the cake in this round!"

"All right!" said Takao, as the audience cheered in unison.

"Yo genius! Looks like your brain ran short today huh? Although I hadda admit that you almost got me there. But too bad I just saw through you."

Obviously shaken, but abruptly setting up a rather poorly made front of bravado, Hiroya said, "You better watch out next time! I just let you win that round."

"Oh yeah? Then why's your face lookin' so lopsided back there?"

"Why you..."

"There he goes making his opponent mad again.."sighed Kyoju.

"They're all the same," muttered Hiromi.

The DJ was so flabbergasted with the whole scene that he was struck dumb for a few seconds before he finally said, "Oh...I guess we had strong personalities in this tournament so far. All right, let's get down to business. Position!!"

"3.....2....1...."

"GO........"

(SFX : KRAGWSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!)

Everyone in the arena was caught unawares when a section of the wall was torn down. They were thrown into panic even more as the other parts of the wall were torn down and ominous, looming figures went inside the arena.

The events were fast. Everybody ran in all directions, desperately trying to find a way out. The unlucky ones were caught in the path of the ominous figures. Takao, in all complete shock and disbelief, could only stand still and bear witness to the whole carnage that is unfolding right before his eyes...as the towering figures revealed themselves from the smoke of the debris.

Monsters.

Horrible-looking, hulking monsters with huge air vents for heads, and they are heading towards the center of the arena.

"TAKAO!!" cried Kyoju, as he and Hiromi ran to Takao. "We have to get out of here!!"

"Hurry!" Seconded Hiromi. "What are you waiting for??! Hey, don't just stand there!! Let's go!!"

"Hey, what's the matter with you??!" said Hiroya, who shook Takao. "Why are you staring off in space like that??!"

"They....they...." Takao said slowly.

"What?! What are you saying??!"

"Those monsters...the destruction...it's all like this in my dream! It's just like this!!" All were startled when they saw the great fear in Takao's eyes.

"Wait," said Hiromi, "Could this be what's been with you.."

"GANGWAY!!!!!!"

Loud clanging sounds met thyeir ears as they saw figures zoom into the action and knocked a few of the monsters down. Looking up they were even more astonished when they saw who they were.

"Guys!! Are you all right?!" shouted Max, who was holding a metal rod from the debris. A monster charged at him from behind and he promptly stabbed it in the side, and with a couple of whacks set it falling down the ground with a howl.

"Whoa!!" cried Takao, as he was snapped out of his daze. "From where did you learn THAT??"

"Let's just say that I had learned tricks of my own. As for them, how they got to do that is beyond me," and Max motioned to a part of the upper box. They looked up and saw Rei beating up some of the monsters with successive punches and kicks, and Kai throwing an array of shuriken at the others.

"Man," groaned Takao, "is this a Beybattle or a Fight Night?"

"Save your words for later, "said Hiromi, "We have to find a way to get out!!"

And she was right, since more and more of the monsters are coming in. Obviously outnumbered, but stubbornly holding ground, the others kept on fighting them of. Even if Takao had picked up a piece of metal rod from the debris and joined the three in their monster bashing, it only got worse when suddenly, all of the monsters started moving towards the four of them.

"Wh-what's going on?! These guys seem to be going after them??!" said Hiroya. "What's all of this about?!"

"I...don't...know!" said Takao as he fended of the creatures with all his might. "..but one..things for sure(MPH!) they might be..too much to handle!!"

"They seem to be..endless!!!" seconded Max, "and what's worse(UMPH!!) they seem to be..(UMPH) after us!!"

"But why??!"

A glimmer from somewhere attracted everyone's attention. Turning, they were astonished when they saw the four's Beyblades glowing in their pockets. "Could it be."

Kyoju ran to the front of the ringside box and said, "Guys! It's your Bit Beasts that attracts these monsters!!"

"Why didn't you say sooner??!" cried Takao. Yes, indeed it was too late as all of the monsters had gathered around the four. With nowhere to run, all of them could only stare in shock as the monsters lunged at them for the final attack....

Suddenly, a succession of rapid firing and clashing of metal met their ears.

As the smoke cleared, all looked up and again were astonished when they saw a number of the horrid creatures drop dead, and when they saw who did it, they were astonished even more...

Huge steel robots.

Steel robots who, with amazing speed and power, fought off the monsters with all of their might.

"What's going on??" said Rei.

"Looks like we're in some mecha flick or something," said Kai.

"But they don't look like Gundams to me," said Max, "they're too..bulky!"

Seeing that the coast is clear, the others ran to the four and asked if they're all right. They all ran towards a blind spot of the arena's undamaged area and watched the spectacle of clashing metal and explosives flying all over.

"It's all like this..." said Takao.

"What do you mean??"

"It's all like this in my dream..in my dreams guys!! Those monsters, those robots!! I can't believe it! It's all happening."

"So I was right," said Hiromi. "This IS what's bothering you!!"

They have no time to ponder as one of the robots approached them. Startled, they all watched rather frightenedly at the green mech, as it landed in front of them and opened its top door..

"What are you kids doing here??!"

The gang was astonished when they saw that the robot's pilot was a bespectacled girl with braids. "This is a very dangerous place! Go away before you get hurt!!"

"Howdy!" said Max, "she's got freckles just like me!!"

"Quit that Max!!" said Hiromi. "And we should be asking you that, lady. What are you doing in THAT stupid looking can of sardines?!"

":This is not stupid looking and this is not a can of sardines! This is Kobu!"

"What?" said Takao, staring blankly, "Cobra?"

"Not cobra! KOBU!!"

As if not hearing what the girl said, Takao pointed to the black robot and said, "If that is a cobra, then that one is a viper."

Max pointed to the yellow robot and said "And there's an anaconda."

Hiroya pointed to the violet robot and said, "And there's a boa constrictor."

"GRRRRRRR!! This is not a cobra!! KOBU! KOBU!"

"All right we heard you, it's a cobra."

"You obnoxious kids!!" and with that, the girl went back in her cobra...er, Kobu, and joined the others in battle, but not before saying, "All the same, you kids should get out of this place. We don't want to have casualties around here."

"If only she knew what YOU guys did to survive," muttered Hiroya. Turning to the others, he said, "Which brings me. Who really are you? I mean, how did you do what you did a while ago??"

"Sheesh. You're a Blader and you don't know who we are? Some genius you are," said Takao.

"WHAT??"

"This is no time to do that guys!" said Kyoju. "Hiroya, we are the former BBA team before the BBA Revolution went up. How the others did what they did...er, you explain that, guys."

"Training since childhood," said Rei. "Remember that I'm still one of the Byakko-soku's frontline warriors."

"Beyblading's not the only thing that I'm into," said Max. "I had to learn some self defense skills."

"Let's just say that this is my second priority next to Beyblading," added Kai.

"And Takao here has been into kendo for a long time..." But when Takao gave him a puzzled look, Kyoju said, "Although reluctantly."

(SGX: KTANG! GRSSSHHHHH!!)

They were all startled when a big object hit a part of the wall beside them. Looking, they saw that it was one of the fighting Kobu, who took a really bad beating from the monsters' blow.

"Omigosh!" said Hiromi. "Don't those thongs have a driver? The driver might be injured or something! Let's take a look!"

"No Hiromi!" said Kyoju. "That might.."

As Kyoju said, the Kobu suddenly released a blanket of steam around it. Frozen in astonishment, they all watched anxiously as its frontal part dropped open and its pilot slowly alighting from it. They were even more surprised when they saw that it was another young lady.

"Just great. My Kobu is down again!!"" She brushed aside her shoulder-length, violet hair as she reached for the mouthpiece of her headset communicator, "Kohran, how many times do I have to tell you to fix my Kobu properly??! What? What do you mean that you cant do anything about it?!....Yes, Captain? What?? WHAT?? Are you telling me to babysit these children??! I will NEVER do that in the middle of a battle! ..Wait! Captain? CAPTAIN!!"

Obviously irritated, she got off the Kobu and faced the huddled group of youngsters and said, "If not for the Captain's orders, I'll not even do this. Why didn't you evacuate when you had a chance??!"

"Don't blame us, lady!!" said Hiromi, who was apparently miffed by the older woman's haughty attitude. "How could you expect us to evacuate when we're being attacked from all sides? The best we can do is fight back!!"

"Fight back?! How can anyone expect children like you to even do anything against something as powerful as the Wakiji?! You should have left matters like this to the proper authority like ourselves!!"

"We're not just kids, and what gives you the right to call yourself authority?!"

Hiromi and the woman were deep into arguing that they didn't notice that the boys had gone into the violet Kobu's interior and poked around in curiosity.

"Amazing!" cried Kyoju. " These controls are state- of-the-art equipment! They're much more advanced than what we see at the PPB research center!"

"Mom will surely get a kick out of seeing this!" said Max.

"And this engine!" Pointing to the back part of the cockpit, Kyoju motioned to the array of gray panels arranged just below the backrest of the pilot's seat. "This doesn't look like an ordinary engine. In fact, it does not look like ANY that I had seen so far! Whatever it is, one thing's for sure: this thing is a robot scientist's dream come true!!"

"Wicked," said Takao, as he ran his hands across the control panel. "I don't understand anything about technical stuff, but this thing IS cool!"

"H-hey guys..." said Rei, who was right below the Kobu's opening. "I really do think that playing with that thing isn't exactly a good idea. Guys? Guys!"

"Let them be, Rei," Kai said indifferently as he leaned back against a railing. "They won't listen to us anyway. The best thing we could do is to bail them out when they get their butts into a sticky situation."

"But..."

"Meanwhile , the rest of the Kobu were busy fending of the whole armada of the raging monsters with all their might. The white Kobu, taking the center line apparently contained the said Captain of the team and she started voicing out her orders.

"With one of us down, the Formation can no longer work. The best thing we can do is keep our eyes and ears peeled out for the 'leader'!"

"But where is the leader??" asked the pilot in the red Kobu, who wasbusy punching and kicking a part of the monster's batch. "It's kinda like finding a needle in a haystack with all of these critters!"

"Easy," said the braided girl from before in the green Kobu. "Find the one with the elevated level of dark energy. That's the leader."

"But we can never be sure about that." said the pilot in the black Kobu. "Usually, the leader hides his aura to avoid detection.eh?"

The group stopped when they saw the yellow Kobu stalled at the part of the wall.

"What's the matter?"

"It's....it's coming!" said the yellow Kobu's pilot. True enough, that part of the wall started to crumble.

"Watch out!" cried the pilot in the pink Kobu as she pushed her Kobu aside, who was apparently rendered motionless with fright. And so were the rest of them when they saw who they were looking for: a being that was similar to the rest of the monsters they were fighting, but thrice the size, and much more frightening, so frightening that Hiromi and the older woman promptly stopped arguing.

"That's it..."

"It's huge!"

"Captain, what shall we do?"

It took a moment before the Captain managed to say, "Everyone, get into Formation position!"

"But Captain!"

"Sumire's Kobu is down for the count! How can we possibly utilize the Formation's full force?!"

"We must risk it. We have no other.."But before the Captain could finish her sentence, the huge monster had gathered a huge energy ball and hurled it at the tean. Everything went in a flash. The yellow Kobu had set up a barrier, but it was soon overpowered by the energy ball and was blown to the ground. The rest of the team charged at the monster: the red Kobu lashing out its fists, the pink Kobu with its katana, the white Kobu with its spear, as the black and green Kobu, with their huge cannons fired at it with all its might. But all of their weapons were useless, and soon enough, all of them were thrown to the ground.

All of the robots tried to stand up despite their injuries, but the creature has its own plans and grabbed the white Kobu.

"CAPTAIN!" everyone cried.

The captain, visibly injured but still determined, grit her teeth and struggled to move, but to no avail.

{This is not...how our lives....should end!!}

Meanwhile, the boys were still busy poking around the violet Kobu's interior.

"I'LL GIVE ANYTHING JUST TO GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!" cried Kyoju, as he hugged the cockpit's computer controls and rubbed his cheeks against its panels. Max and Hiroya can't do anything else but to restrain him and tell him not to rub his cheeks too hard, lest he accidentally pushes something. But even as they were doing so, they didn't notice that Takao was already in the pilot's seat, ogling the controls.

"I wonder what this does," he said, as he pushed a lever.

The boys in the cockpit were caught unawares when the Kobu's engines were suddenly activated and soon, the Kobu closed up.

"GUYS!!" cried Rei and Hiromi, who were outside the Kobu and had started banging on its wall in an attempt to free the ones trapped in it. "GUYS!! Speak up!! Are you all right?!"

With a scream, the violet-haired lady pushed them aside and cried, "Don't ruin my Kobu!!"

"But our friends are stuck in there!!" cried Hiromi.

"Miss, please!!" cried Rei, "How do we get them out??!"

"How should I know? I can control it from the inside, not from the outside!"

In the Kobu's cockpit, the boys were visibly freaked out.

"Takao! What have you done?!" screamed Kyoju.

"AGH! I don't wanna die stuck in a can of sardines!" said Hiroya.

"Do something!" said Max, as he joined the others in rummaging through the Kobu's interior in search of a way out.

"I'm trying, I'm trying!!" said Takao, as he hurriedly pushed on all the levers at random.

"TAKAO, NO!!" screamed Kyoju in his highest pitch. "WE MIGHT-----------"

And sure enough, the Kobu's limbs and body started to move, startling both those on the inside and on the outside. More random pressing at the control buttons and levers sent the Kobu into a frenzy, as in an epileptic seizure. The ones outside couldn't do anything else but scream the names of those trapped in the robot.

{Just like I told them,} Kai thought in his usual condescending manner, {And as usual, they didn't listen. And I'd rather not bail them out this time..} but his sangfroid was rudely cut short when the "epileptic" Kobu's naginata hit the railing, just a few millimeters short of slicing him in half. (AN: Position unchanged as usual, but all facial features are gone and two white orbs replace the eyes) As if matters hadn't been bad enough yet, the Kobu, after a few more spasms, did an "arabesque"...

Raised the naginata parallel to its feet in the other direction....

And spun....spun....spun.....spun.....

The onlookers could only stare in disbelief as the violet Kobu spun like, yes, a Beyblade, and it rushed headlong into the battlefield. Bouncing against a part of the wall as a take-off point, and with the naginata serving as the attack ring, the Kobu-turned-Beyblade bounced against each enemy monster and slicing each of them in the process, sending of successions of loud explosions.

"GANGWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY" cried the boys who were trapped inside the Kobu. The centrifugal force from the spin squashed their faces against each other, rendering them spiral-eyed and immobilized as the Kobu rushed towards the monsters' leader. The 'improvised Beyblade''s rush was at such speed that the leader had no time to recoil, much less retaliate. Needless to say, the target was shred off to pieces with a loud bang, but not before its captive, the white Kobu, was freed from its grip.

The wake of the monsters' defeat was marked by silence as the witnesses saw the Kobu slow down..stop at a part of the open field...and one by one, its parts fell to the ground...

Until it was completely dismantled.

The violet-haired lady's scream pierced the silence of the arena..