Samurai 7 Fan Fiction ❯ Defending Honor. ❯ Why death has high honor. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Document opened.09/24/2006....09:20am.

Authors Note:
I pretty much saw episode 25 of Samurai 7 last night/this morning.
And the some of the scenes were worth the two-week long wait.
Some were kinda sad while others were kinda funny/happy.
I'd elaborate more but I don't want to spoil anything.^^.
~Enjoy~
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++

The sky was bright blue with a few clouds the next morning.
Some birds flew over-head chirping as they did so.

That was what Kambei was watching while the elder of the village and doctor checked over Katsushiro's wounds.

Before he could continue thinking they came out and the doctor went off to somewhere while the elder sat down to address them.

"Alright he's up and doing better. You can see him if you want but only one at a time. He doesn't need mental strain as well as physical."

"Hey Kambei-Dono. Mind if I go first?"
Heihachi turned to see him.

"Go ahead."
He nodded.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heihac hi stepped into the room and saw Katsushiro sitting up but leaned over and had a little bit of a sad look on his face.

"Hey."

"Hello Heihachi-Dono."

Heihachi took a seat nearby.

"Heihachi-dono. Was I wrong to not tell any of you about this.?"

"Well that's a tricky one because we don't all know each others complete pasts.
So I think it's safe to assume we all made enemies,dead or alive."

"But what if one of you or all of you had gotten hurt because I didn't say anything.?"

"If it makes you feel better take this into consideration.
The guy obviously hates you and would probably be running judgement based off of his anger."

"I guess your right. Thank you."

"Sorry I can't stay longer but the others want to see you as well and a few of us are taking turns helping around the village."

"For the festival right."

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"I'll explain that later. Good luck with your work."

"Right. Thanks, Later. And hope you feel better soon."

So Heihachi left and.........
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Kambei came in.

"Hello Katsushiro."

""Hello Sensei."

Kambei took a seat.

"Sensei do you mind if I ask an odd question?"

"Go ahead."

"Well when I thought I was going die back there I thought I could accept death but I couldn't,But I don't know why."

"Like I said once before,You place to much honor on death. That and you have a good reason to keep living."

"Ahh Thank you Sensei."

"But if you don't mind me asking why do you place such honor on death?"

"I don't mind. I knew I would have to tell sooner or later.
See my village was a smaller one and despite the fact there were some ranking differences,When time came for any decisions the village would meet at it's square and vote. Then one day a group of evil samurai came to the village and since it was a small one there was little anyone could do to stop them from taking it over."

*Katsu turned his head away from Kambei.*

"Hm?"

"Well you see they made everyone's lives nothing but misery and death was an eventual promise of the freedom they once knew.
In time I came to believe it too because whenever they died they were smiling.
The villagers all had shifts they worked, So they would have a variety of things made for one or more of the samurai to take and sell for profit."

*Katsu sighs*

"The people were fed up with the way things were and had started a code amongst themselves. When possible some of the villagers worked on a plan to rid themselves of the samurai once and for all. At the time 3 of my family were samurai too, But not as good as the ones who had taken over. The night it was too take place was one when 2 of the were away. We were going to charge and hope our larger number and the weapons we had made would be enough..................."

"I take it something went wrong."

"It did. They samurai had known about the plan and decided to use the ones who would die as an example for the rest. my uncle,brother and father were in charge of the attack. Everything went fast that night and I do remember that we were winning and my uncle,father and brother had a hand in gravely wounding quite a few of them. But then in an act of desperation one of them had a small bomb go off and in the explosion killed a few of the villagers,What was left of the samurai and some of my family. And that's why........."

"I see...

The elder popped in.
"Great Samurai I need a quick word with you and he needs to rest."

"Alright. Katsushiro, Remember this. Death is an easy escape but living is at times harder.Understand."

"I think so. Thank you Sensei"

So they left the room to talk while not long later Katsu fell asleep.

In the next room Kyuzo was there with Shichiroji and what appeared to be one of Demons gang members.

"We caught him on the way over.He had this with him."
Kyuzo handed Kambei a piece of paper.

Kambei read the note.

Dear Brat.
I challenge you to another duel in the field in 10 days from now.
I have a feeling the pawn I sent won't kill you.
Show up or I'll have this village destroyed in an instant.
You now who I am.

"I see. We have some work if our own to do then."
Kambei had a plan.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Okay this maybe my last update for the story for a while.
Not by my choice since I know how I want everything to go.
Losing net service tomorrow that and the nets been going out on and off.
Well when I can I shall update the story again but for bye-bye.

By the way. Thanks to anyone who reviewed/reviews.^_^.

Document finished.09/27/09:48pm.