Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Misery Loves Company ❯ Misery Loves Company ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

THE E-LEMON-TH HOUR FICLET CHALLENGE
 
THEME: ** AGE ISN'T EVERYTHNG! WRITE A PAIRING WHERE THE PARTICIPANTS ARE AT LEAST 6 YEARS APART **
 
Here are the usual disclaimers... I don't own any part of Samurai
Deeper Kyo nor do I get paid or benefit in any way shape or form
from my writing...
 
" "= speech
* *= thoughts
 
 
Misery Loves Company
 
 
  Yukimura was shocked to see tears on Okuni's face.   She always carried herself with such admirable distance.
 
   She'd made no secret of her love for Kyo and for Kyoshiro, but had never displayed either sorrow or anger.   Yukimura smiled at her and dabbed at her wet cheeks.
 
   "Now now, Okuni-chan!   That was all a long time ago and no need for you to get upset."   Yukimura's smile deepened more when he saw the way her eyes slit in anger when he said her name.
 
   Not able to contain his delight at such an opportunity, Yukimura decided to push his luck.   "Could it be that you've finally fallen madly in love with this lonely old samurai?   Has my tale of woe captivated your gentle woman's heart?"
 
   Okuni slid her hand from his cheek to his throat.   **Why is this man so exhausting!?!   Can't I just sit here?**   She tightened her grip and smiled.
 
   "Shall I entertain you further...ACK!!!   Okuni-san, please!"   Yukimura gasped for air when she finally released his throat.   He ran his thumb over her soft cheeks before sitting back and reaching for his jug of sake.
 
   "You really know how to get a man's attention Okuni-san."   Yukimura gauged her reaction.   It seemed that the tears had stopped and that peace had been restored between them.
 
   He handed her the bottle and drew a knee up to prop his hands on.   They stared out at the moon in silence for quite some time.
 
   Okuni finally broke the silence.   "Yukimura-san, have you figured out yet why I came to join you tonight?"   She wasn't sure she knew the full answer, but he always seemed to have an astute opinion on anything.
 
   "Of course I know!   It's because you've been secretly in love with me for weeks now and you've finally decided that Kyo isn't man enough for you!"   He grinned boyishly at her, knowing that she hated that response more and more each time he tried it.
 
   She twitched in annoyance, but allowed it to slide with only a jab to his ribs.   "Is that your answer for everything or do you actually have an opinion?   I know that your interest in me is merely a convenience to your own causes."
 
   "How sad!   Okuni-san, were you worried about me?   I would have come out to rescue you if our roles had been reversed!   We are quite alike you and I.   We make an excellent pair.   Two beautiful yet solitary creatures, brought together by fate!"   Yukimura embellished the point he was making as usual, but just as she'd expected, he'd understood her reasons.
 
   "Silly man!   You expect me to believe that the gods had this all planned out!   Circumstance, Chance, Fate!   It is all just a crutch for the weak to fall back on.   You know that as well, if not better, than I.   You, who manipulates the world around you to suit your own goals!"   They laughed together at her brief tirade.
 
   They understood each other so well.   Neither with a straight answer, or a clear path before them.   Both struggling to reach their high aspirations, and having to reflect only a calm, cool exterior.   Both having been denied their greatest dreams for so long, and to only watch them slip further away again and again.
 
  Shivering at the chilled breeze Okuni leaned close against Yukimura's shoulder and pulled her legs underneath her.   She laid her head in the curve of his neck and rested her eyes.   As infuriating as he was at times, she was able to be relaxed around him.
 
   He rested his hand over hers and listened as her breathing evened out and she finally dozed.   It was nice to finally get the time away from the group with Okuni.   He'd tried time and time again, but her devotion to Kyo was complete.
 
   She'd done more than just pique his interest in the time that they'd traveled together.   She was beautiful and composed.   She was a mirror that reflected what you expected to see.   Her inner beauty was deeply buried under a mask of desperation and necessity.   Much like his own.
 
   He'd spent long hours studying her.   She never moved without a plan.   Without a need.   Until tonight.   Why had she followed him?   He couldn't figure out the real reason.   It had been easy to guess what she's expected him to know and say.
 
   He moved her into his arms and ran his hands through her hair.   She was warm and soft.   She smelled of flowers and fresh air.   He could wait till morning to figure her out.   He was content to let her sleep, he'd gotten tired of always sleeping alone.  
 
 
End of Hour...
 
and then there was no more!   A short Ficlet for you today!
 
I know!  Not what I'd expected my lil muse to come up with!  
 
and I'm still 2 themes behind!   WAH!  I'm wondering if I'll just use the themes that I still need to write for to pursue this lil ficcie a bit further....  the next two I need to do tie in nicely where I left this one off...  *exhaustion* and *Is that all?!?*   heh  the muse is thinkin bout that....   So I think this chappy will be an inbetweener!
More to come soon!