Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Scoobra Kadoobra ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After being led into the evil wizard Maldor's castle, the gang found themselves in a strange room that looked like something out of an old horror movie; Scooby and company studied the room and noticed a large throne like chair made of stone at the front of the room, in which sat a menacing looking black figure with two white horns growing out of his head, messy light brown almost tan colored hair and wearing what looked to be a long black and purple cape.

"That must be Maldor" Daphne whispered to Fred.

"Yeah, he certainly doesn't look too happy to see us" Fred replied with a whisper.

Maldor stood up from his throne and stared at Scooby and company; he sneered as he prepared to figure out what to do with the Mystery Inc. gang, but whatever he was planning one thing was for sure: the gang wasn't going to enjoy it.

"Well, well what do we have here?" Maldor wondered, as he looked at the group of ghost chasers similar to how a lion or other predator would look at its prey.

"It looks like have some prisoners and what look to be mortals as well" the wizard added as a twisted smile could be seen on his lips.

"P-prisoners?" Shaggy gulped.

"Yes, now before I pass sentence on the prisoners what do you have to say for yourself?" Maldor asked.

"Plenty, we haven't committed any crime or anything" Fred remarked.

"Yes all we did was get lost in your forest and we've been trying to figure a way out" Daphne added.

"Yes, you have no right to keep us here, we have our rights" Velma commented.

"Like speak for yourself Velma, this creep looks like he wants to have us for dinner" Shaggy remarked.

"Reah" Scooby replied.

Fred, Daphne and Velma along with Flim Flam all began talking at once still trying to get Maldor to let them leave; however after a few moments Maldor sneered and held out his hand, signifying for them to stop.

"Silence!" Maldor bellowed.

"Jinkies, I think we might be in for it now" Velma remarked with a gulp.

Fred and Daphne stood next to each other shivering with fright at the strange wizard, Shaggy and Velma were doing exactly the same thing as the four teenagers, Flim Flam and Scooby saw Maldor sitting in his throne like chair, thinking; finally after a couple minutes the strange creature spoke once again, for he had decided the gang's fate.

"I think I know exactly what to do with you six," he said.

"Like something tells me we're about to find out what he's planning and something tells me it won't be pleasant" Shaggy replied.

The evil wizard then ordered the two humanoid rodent guards to approach Scooby and company; the strange creatures then led Mystery Inc, to a dark and gloomy looking dungeon, after that Maldor and the two rats locked the door of the dreary prison leaving Scooby and company to wonder what was going to happen to them.

"Alright, just what exactly do you plan to do with us you creep?" Fred asked with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Very simple, I am going to lock you meddlers in that dungeon until my work is complete and I find the Wonder Wand of Zagras" Maldor responded laughing evilly.

"How long will that be?" Velma asked.

"As long as it takes; then I shall use the wand to destroy the world starting with you!" he bellowed; afterwards he laughed evilly and then disappeared in a plume of smoke.

Velma sat in the corner of the dungeon petting Scooby softly; the bespectacled teen frowned as she wondered how in the world Mystery Inc. would get out of this situation.

"Jinkies, I sure wouldn't like to stay in this miserable dungeon the rest of my life" Velma remarked in a depressed sounding voice.

"Like that makes two of us Velma" Shaggy replied.

"There has to be some way out of here; maybe there's a secret passage or a secret switch or something," Fred thought.

"You can look all you want, because there is no way out of here," said a strange voice.

The gang looked around the room and saw an older man sitting in the corner wearing a light blue hat, light blue cloak; he had a long gray beard and was wearing glasses.

"Who are you, sir?" Velma asked.

"My name is Zagras the Wizard," he explained.

"Zagras? Then it's your Wonder Wand that Maldor is after" Fred remarked.

"Correct, I wouldn't tell him where the wand was hidden so he locked me inside this horrible dungeon" Zagras replied.

"But why does Maldor want this Wonder Wand so bad anyway?" Daphne asked.

"Very simple, for you see in the right hands the Wonder Wand fills the world with beauty and life; but in evil hands it causes doom and destruction," Zagras explained.

"Jinkies, that must be why Maldor wants it" Velma replied.

"Correct young lady; if Maldor got his hands on my Wonder Wand he would have enough power to destroy the entire world" Zagras replied.

"Jeepers, one thing still puzzles me though" Daphne wondered.

"What's that Daphne?" Fred asked.

"The forest and this castle weren't always this way, what on earth could have happened to cause all this?" Daphne thought.

"I can answer that my dear; this castle and forest once was the domain of Princess Esmeralda" Zagras explained.

"Jeepers, a real princess?" Daphne asked with a half smiling and half curious look on her face.

"Yes, Maldor assumed that she had the Wonder Wand; so he tried to get it from her but she refused to tell him where it was, as a result Maldor was so angry that he placed the Princess under a sleeping spell, made the castle his headquarters and put all of the creatures and plants in the forest under his power in order for them to do his evil bidding" Zagras continued.

"Wow, that explains why those trees were chasing us earlier" Fred commented.

"And why that friendly rabbit turned into a fire breathing dragon" Daphne added.

"Now all we have to do is find a way out of here and stop Maldor" Fred remarked.

"I wish I could help you kids but I've been imprisoned in this dungeon for years and I haven't found any way to get out of here" Zagras said.

"Did you try that sign that says exit?" Flim Flam chimed in.

Zagras wiped off his glasses and looked over at where Flim Flam was pointing.

"Hmm, I've never seen that door before; I guess it is a way out" Zagras replied.

"Right, come on gang, let's open the door and get out of this dungeon," Fred said.

"Good luck in your efforts against Maldor kids, you'll need all the help you can get" Zagras remarked.

"Thank you Zagras, I sure hope we can defeat him too" Velma commented.

Fred opened the door and found that behind it was a long chute; the gang went headfirst through the door, with the main chute splitting off into three separate ones as Fred and Flim Flam went down one, Shaggy, Velma and Scooby went down yet another one while Daphne went down the last one.

Author's Notes: So this isn't the longest chapter of all time, believe me the final chapter will be a lot longer.