Serial Experiments Lain Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Invisible Boy ❯ The begining of the End ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The young man known as Lance wakes up with a start just as his alarm clock rings.He sits up in his bed and stretches just a little bit. He then gets out of his bed and heads into the bathroom right outside his room.There he takes a shower and puts on a white dress shirt with a black tie.He walks out of the bathroom and walks down the stairs.He walks into the kitchen and sits down at the counter and puts a couple pancakes on the plate infront of him.He then grabs the syrup bottle and just dumps it on.He picks up his knife and fork and slowly eats his breakfast as he thinks of the dream he had.

He puts his plate in the sink and walks to the door where he puts on a black jacket.He then grabs his school bag and walks outside and heads for the train.The trip is short so he doesn't have time to do anything.He gets on the train and stands by the door as it pulls out.He looks around the car and stops when his eyes land on a girl a little younger than he.He then blinks out of his staring state just in time to hear her tell someone to shut up.Lance shrugs and looks back out at the window.He then looks back at the girl and gathers up the nerve to walk over to her.He goes to say something but falls silent when she walks out of the car and heads for her school.Lance sighs and then remembers that this is his stop.He makes a quick jump through the closing doors anly to get his jacket caught. He tries to pull it loose only to be dragged a little bit by the train.He takes off the jacket and sighs as he walks in the direction of the girl.He finally sees her walking to her school and breaks off into a run towards her only to slam into a couple of guys.

"Ow! Man that hurt!"he says as he gets up from the ground.
"I'll say.Watch where you're goin next time.Will ya?"
Lance looks to the guy on the ground and smiles as he helps him up,"You got it,Koga."
"What were you running for anyways?"he asks as he helps Lance up.
"A girl I saw on the train."
The two laugh and then say,"I see.So you finally got your eyes on a girl huh?"

Lance punches Koga real hard right in the jaw and picks up his school bag.Koga gets up from the ground and sends his fist at the back of Lance's head. Lance sees this from the corner of his eye and spins around as he ducks at the same time.Koga gets all wide eyed and tries to move back only to have Lance's fist slam into his chin sending him up a little into the air.He then spins around real fast with his leg outstretched and sends Koga's legs to the side just in time for him to land on his side.Lance gets up and stands there as he gets into a boxing stance.Koga gets up and wipes some blood from the corner of his mouth. Lance smiles as he starts to bounce ever so slightly.Koga sends a fist straight at Lance's face only to miss by Lance moving to the side.Lance smiles again as he sends his left fist right to Koga's face.His fist slams into his face sending him to the ground.

"Give it up,Koga."

Koga growls and gets to his feet.Lance smiles and walks towards hi8s school.The other guy and Koga both catch up with him and they all walk through the gates to their school.They walk through the main door and walk to their class.Lance sits on his desk as the other two sit at their desks and they start to talk about computers.Lance pulls out a shibokae processor and shows it to Koga and Karto.The two get real excited and attempt to take it from him to get a closer look.Lance quickly moves it out of their reach and smirks as he puts it back in his pocket.

"This little baby's for the girl I saw today."
"Good.Because I just got an e-mail saying that she's going to Cyberia with Alice and them,tonight."
"Really?Cyberia?"

That night the two go to the new club called Cyberia.The others wear some common cool things while Lance just wears a pair of black cargos,black t,and a black beanie.The two comment that he looks kinda Goth but Lance doesn't give a crap.They walk in and join the girls at a table.Lance walks to the corner and just leans against it as he's covered in shadows.A few minutes later,Lain,the girl from earlier,walks in and walks over to Alice and them.Lance sees her and smirks but looks away.He looks at a young man sitting at a table ,by himself, cut something open and swallow the small black devise.The man stands up and pulls out a gun.He fires twise and kills a man and a woman.The entire crowd starts to scream and clear out as Lain walks to him.Lance gets into some kind of trance like state and walks to her and stands behind her.He puts his hand on her sholder.

They both simutaneously says,"No matter where you are,everyone is always connected."

The man lets out a scream of horror and slowly points the gun up into his mouth.He pulls the trigger and kills himself.Blood splatters on both Lain and Lance.The two just stand there as Alice and Koga both run to them.Alice hugs Lain as Koga shakes Lance violently.The two of them snap out of it and look at eachother.Lance takes off his beanie and wipes the blood off of Lain.Lain blushes and looks to him puzzeled.Lance blushes as well and wipes the blood off of his face.At that point he is pinned to the ground and handcuffed by a police officer.Lain is handcuffed and the two are leaded out to the cop cars.Everyone gets in and are headed for the police station.

After the kids are interrorgated,they are free to go home.Lance notices Alice crying on Lain and walks to them.The two notice him and Alice looks at him with hatred.Lance looks away as if he's ashamed and clentches his fists.Lain gets to her feet and walks to him.She holds his face in her hands and kisses him gently on the lips.Lance blushes but holds her and kisses back with his eyes closed.Alice blushes and walks off.Laine ends the kiss and runs after alice.Lance just watches and touches his lips gently.He smirks and walks out of the station.He touches his bruise from the cops and slams his fist into the wall.A few officers look to him surprised but go back to their buisness.

A few days later, he wakes up before his alarm and gets ready for school.He walks down the stair and puts on his shoes and his beanie.His mom notices that he skipped breakfast and watches him worried since she fixed his absolute favorite food.He runs to the train station and gets on just before the door closes.He notices Lain standing in her usual spot and walks over to her.He puts his arms around her waiste and kisses her cheek long but gently.Lain smiles and lets a tear run down her cheek.Lance rubs her stomach and wispers something in her ear.Lain nods and the two get off the train just in time to discover that Lain isn't even noticed by her friends.Lance notices that his freinds don't even stop to avoid him and go right through him.

Later that day,the two go over to Lain's house and head up to her room.Lain's sister notices them and smirks as she starts to remember what she used to do when she brought a boy home.The two go into her room and take off all their clothes but their underwear.Lain and Lance both blush but shake it off as they get to work on installing the shibokea into her Navi.Once it is installed,Lance puts on his pants and holds Lain in his arms.Lain wraps her arms around his waist and closes her eyes.Just then,Lain's father walks in and sees the two kissing and laying on the bed.He grabs Lance and throws him hard against the wall.He kicks him hard in the stomach and yells at him to get out.

Lance runs down the stairs and to the door.He puts on his shoes and runs out clutching his stomach.His abbs pulse from the pain as he just stands by the gate listening to Lain's father yell at her.Lance slams his fist on the top of the fence and blinks once he realizes the serious amount of pain in his hand.He looks at it and notices that he has slammed his fist onto a spike making it go through his hand.He yells out in pain and removes his hand.He runs back to the door and knocks.Lain's sister opens the door and gets all wide eyed when she sees all of the blood and falls to the floor, passed out.Lain's father comes down and notices that his hand has a gapping hole in it.He smirks just as Lain walks down clutching Lance's shirt.She gets wide eyed and runs to him.She wraps his shirt tightly around the wound and puts on her shoes.She closes the door and runs down the street dragging Lance behind him.

Lance clutches his hand as he waits in the emergency room.A few minutes later,Lain walks up to him and hands him a can of Limeade.Lance takes the can and sips from it.His eyes fall on Lain and he notices that she's crying.Lance places his good hand on hers and kisses her gently.Lain looks to him and throws herself onto him.Lance smiles and wraps his arms around her average body.Just then a doctor clears his throat and the two stop.They then get to their feet and walk off with the doctor down a cold,white hall.Lance walks into a dark room and walks out several minutes later.This time his hand is properly wrapped and they're ready to go.

They arrive at Lance's house and look into eachother's eyes.Lance locks their lips in a soft kiss before they walk in.Lance looks into the kitchen once he smells something and sees his mom cooking.He knocks on the wall and chuckles when she jumps.His mom glares at him and hits him with a towell.She then notices his hand and screams.The rest of the family runs from what they were doing and into the kitchen.Gladis shows them all his hand and asks Lance what happened.Lance tells them that it was his own stupidity and anger and that he doesn't like Lain's dad anymore.At that,Lain lets out a giggle and holds his good hand.

"Who's this little hottie?"asks Peter,his brother.
"I'm Lain.Lain Iwakura,"Lain replies with a bow.
"Well what are you doing with my brother?"
"She's my girl friend.So back off."

Lain blushes but is soon embraced in a hug by Gladis.Lance sighs and watches as his dad walks off looking kinda pissed.Lance follows him and asks him what's wrong.His dad looks at him with hatred and complains about Lance bringing what he calls a Jap into the house.Lance clenches his fists Lance notices that there's no pain in his hand so he removes the bandages.He sees that the hand is not holy any more so he smirks.(Evidently Lain had hacked into the surgical machine and healed his hand completely)He then looks to his father and raises a fist.He slams it into his face and just stands there.His father growls and gets to his feet.He sends Lance to the floor with a powerful backhand slap and starts to kick him.Lain walks in and watches in horror as Lance is beaten by his father.

Several weeks pass and Lain does the reset of the worl.She not only removed herself from it,but she also removed Lance from it at his own decision.Now they both stand on a bride over a street and watch the people go about their buisness.Laiin's old friend,Alice who is now grown up,notices them and runs to them.She looks at the two and crouches to get eye level with Lain.Lain and Lance both look at her as well with slight smiles on their faces.

"Do I know you two from somewheres?"
"Sorry, lady.But we've never seen you before,"answers Lance.

The two walk off down to the other end of the bridge just as a stron wind blows against them.Lance's black beanie flies off his head lands in the arms of the stunned Alice.

Lain runs back to her and takes the beanie and says,"Please forgive him.He's going through some tough things right now."
"That's ok.But can you tell me where you two live?"
Lain shakes her head and says,"We live nowheres and yet everywheres."

Lain runs back to Lance,who's waiting patiently and puts his beanie on.Lance puts his arm around Lain's sholder.Alice walks back to her husband and starts to walk off in the opposite direction and takes one final look at the couple wondering what the little girl meant by living noweres and yet everywheres.