Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Fox's Life ❯ Uh-oh... ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thank you for the reviews and those who e-mailed me to suggest some storyline for my RK songfic. Thank you so much! I hope you're still there! Anyways, let's get it on…

Standard disclaimers apply. I don't own Slam Dunk okay? Me broke, don't sue! ^_^;

"A Fox's Life"

Chapter 7: "Uh-oh…"

"Huh?" Michiru was surprised with her fellow student council officer Ida's news.

"Yeah, bummer I know. But we can't do anything, Chief's orders."

"B-but I can't go to Sayo right now! I promised Kaede I will watch his first game an hour from now. Can't they send somebody else?!" she was getting impatient by the minute.

Ida shook her head. Its always like this. She would be the one to tell Michiru any bad news from their Chief. She felt guilt because she knew that Michiru sees to it that she had already accomplished her work for the student council before settling her attention to her personal life. And in this case, everybody knows that she's willing to step down against anything, except when it comes to her boyfriend, Rukawa Kaede.

"I-I'm sorry, Mi-chan but Chief said you have to get the line-up of Sayo's players and Shinju-ku and Nagano Privates' as well ASAP… gomen,"

Michiru couldn't do anything but sigh. Patting Ida on the shoulder she smiled apologetically. "Nah, we can't blame anybody right now. After all I have expected the council to be busy anyway since Tomigaoka is this year's Sportsfest host. Don't worry, I know you're just doing your job."

"Thank you Mi-chan…"

"Sure. No sweat." she said while watching her friend go.

I don't have time to go back inside to tell Kaede about this. I'm sure he would just disapprove. But if I hurry and go now I might still get the chance to watch his play.

With that, she clutched her car keys inside her bag and half-ran towards her car parked nearby.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

I can't see her anywhere…

Rukawa at that moment was peering out of the audiences' bleachers in search of his girlfriend's face. He sat down near the locker and tried to think.

If she had other plans she would've told me…

"Oi Rukawa. Its our turn to be called now. Quit whining!"

He was almost stunned upon hearing his co-player's remark. He saw that he was the only one who still hasn't got their school jacket on. Quickly reaching for his jacket, he heard their coach's yell.

"Get ready guys! We're being called now!"

Outside, the Tomigaoka Cheering Squad has taken their own position at the Tomigaokan bleachers. Each were ready to cheer for the players yet to be announced one-by-one.

Maybe she's with the squad. Yeah, I think she's there.

All his co-players were already announced and it was his turn to be.

"… our next player that wears a jersey numbered eleven weighs 75 kilograms and stretches up to 187 centimeters tall… he's none other than KAEDE RUKAWA!!"

"RU-KA-WA! RU-KA-WA! L-O-V-E, RU-KA-WA!!"

"Aaaahhhhh!"

"Rukawa I love you!!"

"I'm yours!"

The screams got louder by the instant Rukawa had gotten out from the locker room.

Rukawa felt like his eardrums are going to burst as he shook hands with his playmates and eventually with their opponent.

He glanced over the Cheering Squad and knotted his brows in irritance when he couldn't find the face he was looking for.

Where could she be…?

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Uhm excuse me, I have an appointment with this school's Basketball Coach-Mr.Kosaburou Shiba…? Could you take me to him please?" Michiru asked Sayo High's security guard from her car's window.

"A moment ma'am. Their name please…?" the guard asked while looking over some papers.

"Oh! Its Michiru Akiyama. I'm from Tomigaoka Junior High."

The guard quickly found her name in the list luckily. "Akiyama… lemme see. Ah! There," he promptly opened the gates for her. "Ma'am the parking lot is just straight up. I will call at the gym for Coach to meet you there."

Michiru smiled generously. "Hai. Thank you."

She drove directly to the parking lot pointed to her and as the guard had said, an average looking man came walking towards her with a welcoming smile.

"Ms. Akiyama…?"

"Yes sir. You must be…?"

"Hai. I'm Shiba Kosaburou. Welcome to our school," he said bowing to her and she bowed back. "It's a pleasure to meet the Best Muse announced just hours ago at the opening ceremonies!"

Michiru shyly smiled at the remark. "And its also an honor for me to meet Kanagawa's Best Coach last year, I presume…?"

Shiba thanked her compliment. "I see you're Tomigaoka's representative… you work for the student council?"

"Yes sir."

"Outstanding! Beauty and brains indeed. Hai, let's go inside so I can show you to our players and finally give you their line-ups…"

Mr. Shiba led Michiru inside Sayo's gigantic athletic gymnasium. So the rumors are true, they really got some filthy rich students here, to be able to put up a gym like this…!

They passed through the Olympic-sized swimming pool where Michiru saw the strict training the swimming players are getting. She felt awe-struck by the equipments the school has and to think they have their own spa after a hard-day's training. Boy, they sure know how to pamper their students.

She also saw a fully-equipped fitness gym just adjacent to the basketball hall where they entered.

"And this… is our basketball gym, Ms. Akiyama." Mr. Shiba told her upon stepping inside.

He blew his whistle to signal the players to stop playing for a while. Upon hearing the whistle they saw Michiru beside their coach so they came near the two.

"Come here all of you, I want you to meet our Tomigaokan representative Ms. Michiru Akiyama," introduced Coach Shiba. "And she will be here just to get your line-ups, and that's gonna be it. Understand boys? Because its seldom I see you get acquainted with beautiful women like her."

The players laughed at what their Coach had said while Michiru only blushed at her corner.

"So? Are you all just going to stand there or what? Introduce yourselves!"

One by one the Sayo players introduced themselves to Michiru.

Their Coach looked glad. "See Ms. Michiru? They all look harmless in front of girls, but when its time to play ball that's the time you're gonna see their charm," he said proudly. "Wait," he said looking around. "Where's Sendoh?"

Murmurs were heard from the players.

"He was just here a while ago…"

"Yeah, he said he'd be back soon…"

"But did he told you where was he going?"

"No, he did not."

Coach Shiba asked his Team's second captain, Hiroaki Koshino. "Where on earth did Sendoh go this time, Koshino?"

"C-coach…?! H-he said he was just going to…"

"Take a shower."

"Yeah! Take a shower… huh??"

All of them looked behind from where the voice came from. Coach Shiba's face lighted up upon seeing him. "There you are! We we're looking all over for you!"

The player they called Sendoh only sighed. Blinking at Koshino, he turned his face to stare at the most beautiful face he had ever seen…

Michiru met his gaze. Strange… why am I feeling uneasy under his stare. Like he's just one of those ordinary men that drool whenever they would see me.

Unable to stand his eyes, Michiru looked at the other direction. But she could still feel his eyes swarming all over her. At one corner she could see an amused smile playing at the corner of his moist lips…

What's he trying to do?

"Ms. Akiyama…?"

"Huh?"

"You seemed to be getting bored," he said while offering her a seat. "By the way, the one who just came in is Akira Sendoh."

Akira… Sendoh? I think his name sounds familiar…

"From the looks in your eyes I see you must've heard about him. Well, that's him alright."

Just as when she was about to turn away from his uncomfortable stare, she was stunned to find Sendoh in front of her and offering his hand for a shake. When she looked up to him she saw that he was smiling sweetly at her.

"I heard Americans greet like this. Could you give me the honor by shaking hands with me?" he said not batting an eyelash.

For the first time Michiru felt unsure of what she was doing. She wailed her head slightly and tried to kick off her mind the thoughts that shouldn't be there in the first place.

What's happening to me?

With that, unaware of the time of Rukawa's match, she extended her hand to Sendoh.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

There. Please click the button and leave me a review before you browse through the other nice fics out there. THANK YOU! Please tell me what you can say about this chap. Ja! ^_*