Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A Player's Heart ❯ Indifference ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
SLAM DUNK: A PLAYER'S HEART
Chapter 1: Indifference
"Sacrifice not choices is the measure of true knowledge!"
Vanessa Arrha A. De Leon

12:15 PM that night, the phone rang at the Sakuragi residence. The phone rang twice then ceased. Then resumed 10 minutes later. This time it was answered by a rough and hoarse voice.

"Moshi-Moshi Na!"

"Hanamichi!"

"Who is this?"

"Hana-chan, it's okasan!"

"Okasan na! What do you want in the middle of the night?"

"Hana-chan, I need your help!"

"Nani!?"

"Hai. Your sister is coming to Japan tomorrow."

"Sister!?? I'm an only child?!!"

"OK..OK.. Your step-sister, Ran!"

"Ran?? Okay, so what do you need me for?"

"I want you to pick her up tomorrow at the Daikishinoe Airport!"

"Daikishinoe!!! That's in OSAKA!"

"Hai. But it's the only plane she can board. Hana-chan, Onegai!"

"Wakaru, ka-saan... I'll try!"

"Don't try! Do it!!!!"

"All right!! You can count on me!"
he said these, he dropped the phone and went back to sleep forgetting what his mother told him.

-------

"Uhhh!" Sakuragi shouted as he stretched his arms that morning while walking to school.

"Eh No, Sakuragi, you look like you stayed up all night!!" Mito commented while walking with him.

"Oh! Boy do you know it, 'kasan called me in the middle of the night!"

"Hwaah! Your mother called you!!!!"

"Yeah! And she chose a very good time to... For the past 5 years, she never even called me!"

"For what?"

"Some important thing I can't remember! Anyway, I don't care!!"

"Baka na!" Mito said as they finally ran towards the school.

-------

"Sakuragi!!" Akagi bellowed out as the red-haired boy walked into the gym.

"What do you want, GORI??"

"Practice your three-points today, 500 shots!"

"Nani! 500! GORI, I already practiced that with the chichi remember!!"

"Hai. I know that but the semi-finals of the Inter High will start next week and we all need to do our job and that's including YOU!" Akagi said as he passed the ball to Sakuragi.

"Pooh! GORI's in a bad mood today! He's working everybody so hard even me the TENSAI na!"
30 MINUTES...

"Ne, Ayako-san! Who are we going to go against in the semi-finals?"

"Uhhm.. I don't know Sakuragi! But I know they're in the OSAKA Prefecture..." Ayako replied while looking at her notes.

"Ahh!! Here it is... Uhhmm... Daikishin High!"

Suddenly a thought began to race into Sakuragi's mind... "Daikishina..No..No..Daikishinaoe....Uhmm.."

"Daikishinoe!" Kogure blurted out.

"Ahh!! Right Daikishinoe! Thanks, Megane-kun!"

"So what's up with Daikishinoe Airport?"

"Airpor---- Hwaah!!" Finally it dawned on Sakuragi. The words his mom told him, "I want you to pick her up tomorrow at the Daikishinoe Airport!"

"I have to get to Daikishinoe!!" Sakuragi bursted out as he ran through the gym.
and Ayako were left there totally clueless of what was going on.

-------

"
Why is my mom such a big pain?" Sakuragi asked this question over and over again.
he reached Osaka, he ran all the way to the airport which was at the most 2 neighborhoods away from the bullet train he took. How he did that? I don't even know!

"What was her name again?"

"Ru.. Ro.. Re.. RAN!!" Sakuragi bursted out with triumph. While the others who were surprised at his outburst were watching him amusingly.

"What are you looking at, Moustache?" Sakuragi shouted out to a man whom he caught was watching him.
waited for 30 minutes at the lobby. Now out of sheer desperation, he began to think... think... think... and he finally he got it.
reached into his pocket and what-do-you-know, a red pentel pen! He began to scrawl illegibly of course in his white shirt, "RAN..SAKURAGI???"
he placed himself near the lobby door and waited there... and waited... and waited... and finally...
girl approached and tapped the impatient red-head in front of her. "Uhmm. Excuse me!"
Sakuragi turned around he found a girl who was about 5 inches shorter than him. She had light red hair that reached up to her hips. She also had soft brown eyes. She smiled lightly and said, her voice almost like a whisper, "Kyodai, I'm here!!"

-------TO BE CONTINUED;)-------