Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ as the darkness falls ❯ chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: As the Darkness Falls / Part 1 (yaoi)

Pairing: RuHana, FujiHanamichi for now. More pairings later

Rating: PG-13 for now

Author: Harsha

This is an AU fic.

Please do review my fic and tell me if its any good. Thanx.

PART 1

Crystalline blue eyes gazed out of the window. The amazing eyes belonged to a man with shining jet black hair and pale alabaster skin. Kaede Rukawa had a mask of indifference on his face, but his eyes told a different story. He was the crown prince of Yama. His father, King Kazuma Rukawa was dead and as soon as Kaede reached the age of 20, he would become the next King. His eyes potrayed his fierce independence and will to be free, but few actually dared look into them. His harsh and stern exterior made him feared by everyone.

A sudden movement caught his attention and he turned to see a figure sitting under a tree in the palace garden. The moon cast aglow on the figure and made it appear almost ethereal. The figure in question was a person wearing a dark red cloak. The gender of the person was unknown as he or she had pulled on the hood of the cloak. However, Kaede guessed it was a man as the person looked very tall and the cloak could not conceal the broadness of his shoulders.

Just then Kogure, the court wizard walked into the Prince's chambers; "Rukawa-san, your mother wishes to inform you that she is leaving for Aries tomorrow and wants to know if you would like anything from there." Kaede ignored the question and instead asked, " Kogure, who is that person sitting under the Sakura tree?" Kogure looked out of the window and saw the man in the red cloak. His brown eyes clouded over with puzzlement and he replied, " I don't know Rukawa-san, but I am going to find out " Rukawa turned to kogure and said in a cold tone, " Don't bother. I am going to go down and find out for myself." Kogure looked startled but did not try to dissuade Rukawa. " Ano.. about your mother? " asked Kogure. Rukawa glared disdainfully and said, " Tell that woman I don't want anything! " He turned on his heel and gracefully strode out of the room.

Kaede purposefully strode towards the garden. He wanted to know who that person was. What kind of imbecile dared to trespass onto the palace grounds and settle down under a tree. As he neared the Sakura tree, he realized that the man was staring at some flowers with abundant interest. He walked up to the man and in an icy tone asked, " What the hell are you doing in my garden? " The man spun around in surprise and Kaede found himself face to face with a pair of honey brown eyes. The eyes were almond shaped and were framed by long black lashes. Honey brown eyes they were, but there were flecks of maroon in them. They were utterly astounding. The man just stared blankly at Kaede. Kaede repeated, " Are you deaf? What are you doing in my garden? " The man blinked at Kaede before taking a step back and bowing down to him. Kaede's icy blue eyes narrowed in annoyance. What the hell was this moron doing? The brown eyed man nodded at Kaede and turned to leave.