Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Being Me ❯ Being Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

XiReN: Introducing my newest character, Rukawa Kaede's cousin, Honggo Keira! There's just not enough girls in Slam Dunk! The Sendoh Akira personality used here, by the way, is based on other fictions that suggest he's flirty!

GJeiSlaTe: [reads the entry] I like this girl, Xi!

XiReN: Why thank you, GJei! I hope they like her too! Just a fact: this happened after my "Complete Opposites" story! `Tis a one-shot! So, this story is going to reveal a lot about the other on going entry! Enjoy, guys!

Disclaimer: No, Slam Dunk characters do not belong to me but to the great Takehiko Inoue! Keira belongs to me though!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Get away from me, you, you… you FLIRT!" Honggo Keira, a straight A student of Ryonan high and a gifted figure skater, yelled at her persistent suitor who is none other than Sendoh Akira of the basketball team. It's been almost a year since he started following her around.

"Why do hate me so much, Keira?" the Ryonan ace asked. The other students in the classroom looked at them. Everyone in the whole school knows about Honggo Keira, a tough and independent young woman who could easily be considered as attractive. Many girls think of her as stupid since she turned down the school heartthrob. She actually likes Sendoh but her belief that having a boyfriend might obstruct her academic performance, is the reason she why turns him down.

"Why on earth would I waste my time hating you? I don't have to like you nor admire you, neither do I have to hate you, Sendoh Akira!" with that, she stormed out of the classroom.

"So, got busted again, Sendoh?" Fukuda Kitcho, who have since been Sendoh's friend, slumped onto his seat beside him.

"What do you mean `again'? I never got busted and I think I never will! She likes me, Fukuda, oh yes she does!" Fukuda raised an eyebrow as his spiky-haired friend smiled confidently.

"Reality check! She dumped you, Sendoh, for about the umpteenth time! Get over it already!" Fukuda leaned back on his chair, wondering how he acquired such a friend.

"Just wait and see…" Sendoh smirked yet again.

"Wait and see what? Your disappointment?"

"Shut up! You're ruining the moment!" his blue eyes looked absentmindedly ahead as he started to daydream.

"What moment?"

"Why would Sendoh-san fall for someone who doesn't even care if he's still breathing?" Takada Megumi pointed out loud as Keira walked by her in the hallway. Megumi is Sendoh's number one fan and she is as annoying as Rukawa Kaede's cheering squad. "In fact, who would be stupid enough to turn him down?"

"Don't call me stupid, Takada!" the very pissed off Keira crossed her arms across her chest.

"Why not? You're hurting the man I love! That is plain stupidity!" the other girl snapped at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt such a damned fool!" Keira fluttered her eyes innocently as she put her hands together to impersonate an angel.

"He's not a fool, you witch!" Megumi stomped her foot irritably.

"It's good that you know what I am! Tough luck for you, Takada, because the man you love has fallen for a witch!" Keira pushed her way past Megumi and proceeded to the library.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Thanks for the lift, Kaede!" Keira kissed Rukawa Kaede on his cheek after getting off his bike. Rukawa gave her a ride to the ice-skating rink in the prefecture for her daily training.

"Anytime!" Rukawa wheeled off. Unknown to the two, Sendoh Akira watched close by.

"The freak is two timing my sister!" He told himself. He straightened himself up and approached Keira. "Hey!"

"Oh, hi, Sendoh!" Keira gave him a quick smile and proceeded inside the gym.

"Hold on!" he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "How could you do this to my sister? To think that you are her best friend!"

"What are you talking about?" Keira looked up at him questioningly, wincing as his grip tightened.

"I'm talking about you stealing her boyfriend!" he raised his voice. Rarely would he get mad and anything that would hurt his sister is a surefire way to make him explode. "And to think I actually like you! You're even worse than Megumi!"

"I would never do anything like that to Aya!" How could he accuse her of such a thing?

"Well, guess what, you just did!" he released his vice-like grip on her. Keira slapped him and ran off inside the rink. But as soon as he turned to walk away, a hard force almost knocked him out. He looked to see who it was, Rukawa Kaede, with a fist poised to strike again.

"Go on! Beat me up until you're satisfied! I can endure that pain compared to what I felt when I found out that you're two timing my sister!"

"You idiot!" everyone just outside the gym looked at them as Rukawa punched him hard on his face. "Do you think I'd do that to you? To Aya? You have brains, right, Akira?! You might've asked before concluding anything!"

"Everything's clear to me, Kaede…" Sendoh looked at him.

"Clear? I'll make things clear for you, Akira-"

"You don't know how much pain I feel looking at the girl I love hook up with her best friend's boyfriend, who is, not to mention, MY best friend!" Sendoh interrupted.

"Pain? Pain, Akira? There is no greater pain than to see your family suffer because of your best friend! You felt that, right? When you thought I was betraying Aya?"

"What?" Sendoh asked, confused.

"Don't you get it? Keira's my cousin, you nutbrain!"

"Your what?"

"His cousin, onii-chan," Ayane approached them. "Sorry we didn't tell you earlier!"

"You'd better apologize to her right now if you don't want me to break that thick skull of yours!" Rukawa threatened. Looking at his sister, he nodded and started to walk inside the rink.

"Keira," he called as soon as he saw her sitting on a bleacher, putting on her skates.

"You said you love me! Why would you accuse me of such a thing?" she looked at him.

"When it comes to my sister, I rarely look before I leap, I make stupid decisions abruptly! I'm sorry…" He confessed. Keira knew this all too well.

"You know the truth, then?"

"Yes, I found out the hard way," his mind drifted back to when Rukawa punched him.

"I've always wondered why someone like you ever caught my attention!" she blurted out. "I was going to tell you that today!"

"You were going to accept me?"

"Yes! I love you, ok?! I've been head over heels for you! I just thought that you'd hamper my studies! So it took a while for me to decide!" she flung herself at him, laying her head on his chest. No more words were needed, they understood their mutual feelings for each other. Sendoh just wrapped his arms around her to pull her into a loving hug, knowing that his rash actions were forgiven.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

XiReN: Most of this plot, by the way, is my friend from high school, Foxy's idea. She kinda made things up and I just wrote it down and gave my pinch and dash into the recipe along the way. She's a big Sendoh fan! Thanks a lot, Foxy! Feel free to drop a review, guys! The review button is down there somewhere… [Eyes the lower left-hand corner of the screen] Till next time, guys!