Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Complete Opposites ❯ Complete Opposites ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

XiReN: [laughs like a maniac and holds the keyboard up] I have finished the Tabula! I can make my(?????) Xion the most powerful of all! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

GJeiSlaTe: --000 This is not a Bloody Roar fic! It's SLAM DUNK! It's your damned fiction!

XiReN: [lowers the keyboard and looks at GJeiSlaTe innocently] ?It is?

GJeiSlaTe: [falls over] Does Xion even play basketball?

XiReN: [lightning strikes XiReN] All my hard work! [starts to melt] Ruined!

GJeiSlaTe: --0

XiReN: [pops back up] Just kidding! Oh, by the way, I had a hard time writing this second chapter because when I was writing my first one I was in "the zone", and I am still trying desperately to get back in it! So please don't be so hard on me if this sucks more than first one!

Disclaimer: The characters here are owned by the great Takehiko Inoue! All except for Sendoh Ayane! She's my original character!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

CHAPTER II

As we made our way to Ryonan gym all I was thinking is to beat Sendoh! This was my chance!

"C'mon, fellas! Let's go!" Ayako was excited. She and Miyagi had been taking about this game since this morning. All I can think about is Sendoh… How can I beat him?

"Still thinking about beating Sendoh, Rukawa?" Kogure spoke up. What else was I supposed to think? Sendoh had me beat when we had our first practice game! Now is my chance to get back at him!

"I guess that's a yes!" he laughed uncomfortably when I didn't answer him.

"Hurry up, slowpokes!" Ayako told us, sounding excited. What is she so excited for? "I can't wait to meet their new team manager! They say she's pretty good at basketball!" Oh…

"Where are those two?! Ayane would know better! She's a manager!" Ryonan's coached yelled as we got inside the gym.

"You know, coach, like-brother-like-sister!" Koshino laughed as he did some warm-ups. So, she is their new team manager.

"This is no time for jokes, Koshino!" their coach yelled some more.

-----

"I'm sorry we're late, coach! Hedgehogs are nocturnal creatures!" I apologized to Taoka-sensei as I dragged my brother towards the court. Of all the days to over sleep, my brother had to pick this one!

"What happened?" Fukuda-sempai asked me. Looking at Akira who was being yelled at by the coach.

"As I said, hedgehogs are nocturnal creatures! He was up all night watching the NBA greatest games marathon!" I took off my sweater and tied up my hair so I can help the team warm up. "I had a hard time waking him up!"

"Sorry, coach!" My brother scratched the back of his head. Our coach just couldn't get mad at him for long! But I sure can!

"Akira!" I smiled angelically at him, fluttering my eyelashes.

"Yes?" he turned to me with his trademark smirk after he got into his jersey uniform.

"Give me fifteen laps around the court!" I commanded.

"But-" He tried to reason with me. I'm not gonna let him smooth talk his way out of this one!

"No buts!" I pointed towards the court.

"Man, Aya's got him on a leash!" except for Fukuda-sempai, I heard the team's muffled laughter and I turned to them.

"Save for Fukuda-sempai, you too, guys! Can't waste warm-up time!" I heard a few "Oh, man!" as they made their way to do the laps. Fukuda was doing a different warm-up, doing defensive stances as the coach told him.

-----

"Hi! I'm Ayako! I'm Shohoku's team manager!" I looked at Ayako as she shook hands with her.

"Rukawa! This was the girl you almost ran your bike over with last week remember?" Why did she have to yell that so loud? And in Ryonan's gym for that matter?

"If you don't like us, Rukawa, don't involve our team manager!" Koshino stopped to look at me sternly.

"Get back to warm-ups!" that girl smirked at him. After he did what 'that girl' told him, 'that girl' turned her eyes towards me. I looked away.

"I saw the video of the first practice game, your team is great! I'm very sure that you're gonna be harder to beat than you were already last time!" I listened still. Why am I so curious of what she's gonna say? Since when did I pay attention to anyone? (Um… let's see… Never?)

"The game is about to start! Please be ready!" The referee announced. Might as well get on with it.

-----

"Tip-off!" this is so exciting! I can finally watch these two great teams play against one another! I hope Akira was serious about what he said concerning Rukawa…

"Go for it!" their point-guard, Miyagi Ryota, passed the ball to their captain, Akagi Takenori who in turn passed the ball to 'him'. Akira stopped him half way to through the paint.

"C'mon!" my brother challenged. Let's see just how good this guy is! He dribbled slowly, advancing as he did. Akira kept low, guarding every move he makes. He sped up and ended up in the corner only a step inside the three-point arch. He's no match against my brother!

"What the-?" Hikoichi exclaimed as Rukawa suddenly flipped the ball behind him which lead to a three-pointer from Mitsui who was the receiver of the assist. That was one of the best passes I've ever seen! Being a point-guard, I know it is!

"RUKAWA! RUKAWA! L-O-V-E! RUKAWA!" I heard the most irritating of cheers. I looked up at the stands and saw three girls, pom-poms and all, yelling at the top of their lungs. What the hell do they see in that guy?

"Akira!" I called out to my brother, a bit worried. He looked at me and smiled.

"I'll get the point back, Aya! No need to worry!" he gave me wink and proceeded to take the ball up court to our goal.

"Go for it!" I cheered him on. As he got past half-court, Rukawa immediately faced him. I was never this excited to watch a man-to-man match up before!

"Nice pass you made back there!" Akira said, flashing his trademark smirk. Rukawa never said anything, he just narrowed his eyes as if Akira was his mortal enemy. Akira did a spin, avoiding Rukawa easily and scored a simple lay-up over Akagi.

"Alright! You go, Akira!" I jumped up from my seat. Rukawa looked at me, his eyes weren't stern. It's like his eyes were saying 'Hi'. Then he turned away to go back to their bench as Anzai-sensei called an early time-out.

"Aya!" my brother waved a hand in front of my face. Oh my gosh! I've been looking at him! I blushed as I switched my attention towards my brother.

"Are you ok?" he raised an eyebrow. His blue orbs seemed to laugh at me as they caught me staring at 'him'.

"Yeah," I looked down and nodded.

-----

At half time, they lead by three points. Sendoh and I are evenly matched, only he had three more assists than what I had. Get ready, Sendoh! I'm not going to loose to you!

I turned to look at him. Instead, my eyes met her, Sendoh Ayane. But as soon as she saw me look at her, she turned away and continued to encourage her team.

"Hey, who are you staring at?" Ayako spoke up. "Ayane?"

"Humph!" I casually looked away from 'that girl'. What is going on with me? I get distracted easily nowadays… is it because… no… it can't be! It's not! No way! God forbid! (XiReN: Yes! It is! Bwahahahaha! Rukawa: Says who? XiReN: Says me! Rukawa: Who are YOU to decide what I feel? XiReN: I am the AUTHOR, my dear! You'll do what you are told! GJeiSlaTe: [whispers to Rukawa] She's in an Alternate Universe right now… Rukawa: Oh…)

"Sigh…" I've got to concentrate on the game! C'mon, Rukawa Kaede! Focus! There's only one to think about: Winning!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

XiReN: Sorry if my obsession on basketball is very obvious here! I know, I focused too much on the game here instead of my storyline! I still wasn't in "the zone"! I couldn't help it! Especially that the NBA season just ended!

GJeiSlaTe: Here we go again… --

XiReN: [Keeps blabbing on about basketball]

GJeiSlaTe: Bye for now everyone! I know Xi will say this, "I shall return!"