Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Double Standards ❯ First Day of School ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks Seiya for your reviews… hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 3: First Day of School

Shohoku

"Iris, we can't go near the school in the limo…" Kotori whispered when they neared her school. "I usually walk to school!"

"Oh right, tell Tendo to stop here then." Iris whispered back quickly.

"Right, er…" Kotori stammered slightly not used to giving orders. "Te…Tendo-san, you may stop my friend here…"

"Yes, Kanzaki-san!"

The limo came to a halt two blocks away from Shohoku High and Iris climbed out the car. She bent down again to whisper to Kotori.

"OK, let's see how I can take a normal life! Thanks Kotori, I really owe you one. Or is it Iris right now." Iris added with a wink. "Good luck!"

"Same to you too! You have the address to my house with you, right?"

"Of course!" Iris held out a white piece of paper Kotori had written her house address on it. "I will find it! Don't worry."

Iris slammed the door shut and waved when the limo start to pull off, then the glass window started to wind down and Kotori poked her head out the window.

"I forgot to tell you!" Kotori shouted to her as the limo drive on. "BEWARE OF A PINK BICYCLE!!!!!"

After the last statement she retreated back into the limo and the window wind up again leaving Iris bewildered and confused.

"Pink bicycle?"

She watched the limo turned around the corner and disappeared. Then she began walking to school when she heard a soft ringing sound of a bell. She blinked and turned around to see pink bicycle riding up towards her.

"PINK…" Iris stared at the cyclist dodging away quickly. "…bicycle?"

Drool… drool… drool…. Eyes closed, Rukawa cycled on unconsciously ringing his bicycle bell.

Iris watched the boy in black hair cycled passed her after she made way for him and he headed straight for the lamp pose.

"Ato… er…" Iris began and then shouted at him when she saw that he made no move to swerve away from the lamp pose. "Hey, PINK BICYCLE YOU ARE GOING…"

CRASH!!!!

Iris shut her eyes tight when the boy hit the lamp pose hard. Slowly opening her eyes she looked at the boy sprawl on the ground and was about to go over to see if he was alright, he got up subconsciously by himself and started cycling again on his dented bicycle. Iris gaped after him.

"He is sleeping and drooling?" Iris made a face. "Yew… I think he must be that `Salivate Face', Kotori speaks about."

Looking at her watch, she gasped.

"Oh no, I'm going to be late!" Iris cried and began running towards where Rukawa had gone. "Kotori told me she is never late for school!!!!"

Shoyo

Kotori's heart hammered painfully against her chest when Shoyo High drew closer. She blinked when she saw a huge group of people with camera, video camera and note pads waiting at the front entrance of the school. Her eyes bulged.

"Tendo-san! Those…" Kotori stammered leaning over to the front seat.

"I will drop you at the back." Tendo answered with a dutiful voice.

"Thank you…" Kotori breathed out heavily.

Very glad that the back gate was empty Kotori got down the limo as gracefully as she can and walked into the building without tripping over.

"OK, so far so good…" Kotori whispered.

Suddenly out of no where someone spoke.

"Talking to yourself now are you?"

That voice made her jump out of her skin, tripped on her own foot and fell forward on her face. Then the usual thing happen her things scattered all around the floor. She moaned inwardly.

Why have this got to happen every single day? She thought silently.

Fujima raised his eyebrows when he saw `Iris' fell flat on her face clumsily. That was something really new. He didn't know whether to laugh or to help her up but he could see embarrassment stained her face when she sat up.

"Daijebu?" He asked instead.

"I… ato… got…" Kotori stammered gathering her things without looking up to see who the boy was. She was far to embarrass to face anyone now. She was supposed to be Iris Kanzaki and she wasn't supposed to walk around falling on her face. Iris would never do that!

So much of wanting to be elegant.

Fujima stared down at her wonderingly; she is sure acting weird today.

Finally he decided to help her with her things, and knelt down next to her picking up her books and hand it over to her.

"Arigatou…" Kotori mumbled not daring to look at his eyes.

Fujima quirked his eyebrows staring at her, wondering if she had a fever or something. Did he hear her right? Arigatou?

Kotori stood up and dashed off quickly and didn't turn back again.

The faster out of there, less complications! She thought. Now where is my class?

Am I still in dream land or something? Fujima stared at the way Iris ran away awkwardly. I mean nightmare? Kanzaki just thank me?

________________________________________________________________ _______________

In Class

Shohoku

So far so good, Iris smiled inwardly at her progress after taking her seat in her class. Kotori did an excellent job explaining the directions around the school to her. Hopefully her directions she had given her were good enough.

"Hey, Kotori can you let me have a look at your bio homework?" Yuriko asked. "I want to check I had done the essay correctly, the one on the Respiratory System."

"Res… what?"

Iris turned around to face a girl with all her hair pulled tightly back from her face into a high ponytail. She reminded her of the nerds in her school. She blinked trying to remember which one of Kotori's friend was it.

"Respiratory System Kotori…" Yuriko repeated again. "Are you alright? Why are you looking at me as if it was the first time you are seeing me."

"Oh…er… ato… er…" Iris laughed uneasily, finally remembering the girl. "Yuriko… right… hahaha…"

Yuriko raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, Yuriko here, are you still in dream land or something?"

"Of course not, I was just still a little tired that's all…" Iris quickly replied checking inside her briefcase for the homework Kotori had done.

Last night as Iris recalled…

"These are the homework that due tomorrow!" Kotori said. "Respiratory System for bio class, Algebra in math class, Changes of Gases in Chemistry and an English essay!"

"You have done all that for me?"

"Well, for me actually!" Kotori slapped the books on Iris's out stretch hand. "So, what about you?"

"Ere? I… well…" Iris stammered. "Oh well, don't worry, there isn't any homework."

"Really…" Kotori raised her eyebrows. "That is strange, my teachers always give us lots of reading up to do and they will ask questions the next day. Besides that, they bombard us with so much work, it seemed like it would take us years to finish!

"Wow! I never knew that!"

"Anyways, you will be doing my homework when you are at my place. You can do that, right?"

"I will try…" Iris mumbled.

End of Iris's thoughts.

Finally Iris found the book with the Respiratory System essay in it and hand it over to Yuriko.

"So will you be able to help us with the bio project after school today?" Yuriko asked taking the book from her. "You said you are free today."

"I did?"

"What's wrong Kotori? You seemed really strange today…." Yuriko narrowed her eyes at her friend. "Are you sure you are not ill?"

"Oh no, I'm fine…" Iris mumbled. "I guess, I…"

Before she could answer Yuriko the teacher entered the class and it was the end of their conversation. Thanking god for his good timing. But as soon as class began she was in more trouble.

"All right class." The sensei said. "I like I had said yesterday to prepare your English reading yesterday at page hundred and five. I will assume that everyone had already read up that page! The first person I like to call out is Kotori Sumire to read the first paragraph out aloud and interpret it."

Iris stared the teacher.

"I don't think so can do that sensei," She answered looking incredulously at him.

"And why may ask Sumire?" Sensei asked with surprised. "You didn't read up the chapter I asked everyone to yesterday?"

"Nope," Iris just shrugged matter of factly.

The sensei and the rest of the class stared at Iris dubiously, wondering whether they had heard Sumire Kotori correctly. Sumire had not done her reading?!!!!

Iris looked around the thunderstruck class, and mentally slapped her forehead.

Damn that was the last thing I was suppose to say!!!!

Shoyo

Kotori cursed slightly, when she finally found Iris class and settled in. The directions she had given, made her walk the entire school before reaching her class and all she had to do was go straight from the back door and the class was right at the other end of the corridor on the left.

"Hey, what took you so long Iris?" Miki asked when she took a place right next to her.

Kotori looked over at the girl with her shiny black hair lay lazily and beautifully behind her back reminding her very much of `H.A.G'. She blinked recalling Iris told her that three of her friends were from the same class. Miki, Milan and Aiko.

Black hair, black hair… right Miki… erm… the other two… I think Milan has highlighted her hair gold and Aiko has curly hair or something… whatever…

"Oh, erm, I went to…" Kotori crack her brains to think what these girls would usually do before class. She remembered those `H.A.G' love to hang around the toilet showering themselves with perfume and putting on makeup. "Right, I was freshening up in the toi…" she stopped in mid sentence remembering that those girls don't use the word toilet. "Er… rest room?"

"Right," Miki smiled. "I was there too how come I didn't see you."

"Uh…" Kotori mumbled. Damn explanation backfired.

However she didn't have to answer that question anymore when the teacher walked in. She sighed inwardly with relieve but when the teacher started to call everyone to hand in their homework, she blenched.

HOMEWORK?????? She mentally screamed.

"I would guess, Iris Kanzaki, Miki Saraiko, Milan Koi and Aiko Ureni had forgotten about your homework again or your dogs had eaten them?" The sensei said sarcastically when the four girls didn't make a move to hand in their homework. "Well, I have news for you girls. Your last tests were so bad, I am putting the four of you in remedial class."

"REMEDIAL CLASS!!!!!" Kotori shouted.

Miki turned to look at her as if she had gone mad, why did she take it so badly. It was already expected.

"Yes, Kanzaki, remedial class." The teacher repeated calmly. "Don't look so surprised, I had heard from various teachers saying that, you had already landed yourself in remedial classes for other subjects too."

Kotori's jaw dropped opened.

________________________________________________________________ _______________

Looks like things aren't going on very well for the both of them. Let's see what will happened next….

Till the next chapter. I will try to put it up soon. Those that read Miss Match, new chapter is up.

Please review, thank you.