Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Side ❯ Chaos Before The Game ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

As usual, I don't own any of the slam-dunk characters.

A/N: Konnichiwa minna. I decided to get some rest from my exams and continue the story before I forgot all of my plots and get another writers' block. I think I'll leave my chapter 6 as it is and continue from there on.

Chapter 7: Chaos Before The Game

//thoughts//

~^Flashbacks ^~

* Actions *

"Japanese"

'English'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

Last Chapter

Once eye contact has occurred, both Maki and Sakuragi faced each other with different thoughts running through their minds.

Sakuragi

//Does Maki know who I am? I've never met him before have 1?//

Maki

//I don't know why but I have this feeling that you're a danger to the team. To our chance of winning. Kuso, why is it so?//

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

In the stadium - Matchday [Kainan VS Shohoku]

"HANA-KUN! HANA-KUN! HANA-KUN!'

Cheers for Sakuragi can be heard vibrating in the stadium. The cheers for Kainan were totally drowned by the enthusiastic cheers of the Sakuragi brigade. However, as much noise as they made, Sakuragi could only hear pin drop silence in his mind as he concentrated with a slight frown marring his face at the object of his bemused state.

Likewise, Maki continued to stare at Sakuragi eye-to-eye until the moment was interrupted with the sound of the referee's whistle.

* Phriiit! *

"Konnichiwa minna-san! Before the start of the match, let's begin the introduction of the players from the respective teams. From the Kainan team, Captain of Kainan and the current MVP … Maki Shinichi as Point Guard. Center , Takasago; Shooting Guard, Soichiro Jin and Nobunaga Kiyota, Power Forward," said the first commentator before the mike was rudely taken away by his fellow colleague…make that a fellow FEMALE colleague.

"AND NOW! THE MAN uhh…I mean the TEAM everyone is waiting for…," said that female commentator before receiving a glare from her boss. "Yup, The next team is Shohoku with Captain Akagi as Centre, Miyagi Ryota as Point Guard, Mitsui Hisashi as Shooting Guard, Rukawa Kaede as Small Forward AND OF COURSE THE EVER WONDERFUL AND LOVEABLE RED HEAD OF SHOHOKU SENIOR HIGH, SAKURAGI HANAMICHI AS THE EVER PRESENT AND AWESOME POWER FORWARD." What started as a monotonous commentary turned into a love sick scream once she reached Sakuragi's name. After that, the whole stadium started to shake with all the foot stomping and loud cheers created by the approving Sakuragi brigade. One girl even rushed up to the female commentator and presented her with a Sakuragi brigade uniform.

Throughout the whole exchange, Sakuragi was getting very agitated and his complexion was turning very red by the minute due to the attention given to him by the female population of the crowd. What he heard next was enough to even get Akagi stunned into speechlessness as one of the male population shouted for Sakuragi.

"HANA-KUN! WOOHOO! NICE BOD MAN! YEAH BABY!" said the very much gay man and started to strip-tease.

Once the man was taken out of the stadium by the security team before he can end his strip tease, everyone on court turned to see Sakuragi who was in total shock. His eyes were widened to the max and his jaw was slackened.

Mitsui went up to Sakuragi and waved a hand in front of his face. "Oi, Sakuragi. You still here?"

Seeing no reaction was bestowed to him, Mitsui's eyes gleamed and a sly smile can be seen at his lips. "So Sakuragi, disappointed the strip-tease has ended eh? Never thought you swing that way or do you swing both ways huh?"

That statement brought Sakuragi out of his stupor and snapped sharply at Mitsui, "What kind of crap @$%@@#%@@!#@$% (and many other beautiful words) are you talking about." As he said those words, his face burned a deeper red at Mitsui's statement and one can only wonder if he was embarrassed at Mitsui's statement or burning in anger.

After blasting at Mitsui, Sakuragi turned to a dazed referee and said snappishly, "Oi, are we playing or not. Get it started would you."

He then walked away to his position for the start of the game and stood there impatiently, which was indicated with the quick tapping of his feet and an enraged scowl on his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

At the sidelines of the court

In the mean time, Yayoi walked in with Nakamura and was stopped still in shock at the sight she was seeing. The whole stadium was surrounded by girls wearing short skirts and tight sleeveless shirts, all which is colour co-ordinated red and white.

* Blink! Blink! *

Yayoi stopped suddenly, which caused Nakamura to bump into her. In panic and trying to avoid the wrath of Yayoi, Nakamura started his stuttering apology.

"Go-gomen, Aida-san! I didn't mean to..."

Seeing that he wasn't getting any response, Nakamura glanced at Yayoi and saw her flabbergasted expression. Following her gaze, he saw the wave of red and white overflowing the stands. Upon closer attention, he suddenly realised that the noise in the stadium is mostly cheers of "HANA-KUN!" With widened eyes, he gazed at the excited Sakuragi brigades around the stadium. Shaking his head and trying to ignore the thundering noise, he glanced back at Yayoi.

"Anou…Aida-san. Who is this Hana-kun anyway? Seems like Kainan's supporters are overwhelmed with this Hana-kun's supporters ne."

At Nakamura's question, Yayoi snapped out of her daze and muttered the word that is often uttered by the Aida family.

"Unberiburiya"

Giving the crowd another quick scan, Yayoi snapped open her notebook and quickly snapped out a pen.

"Ikuzo Nakamura-san. I want to get these checked out. Sugoi, a big story and I'm going to get it."

Seeing the scheming gleam in her eyes, Nakamura sweat dropped and started praying.

//Whoever's involved in this. May you get all the peace you can before Aida-san gets them.//

After finishing his heartfelt prayers for the soon-to-be victim of Yayoi, he faced back to Yayoi only to stare at air. Panicking he glanced around looking for the fanatical reporter, he spotted her among the crowds of red and white cheerleaders. Blinking, he thought to himself.

//How in the world did she get up there so fast//

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

In the stairway towards the stands

As he was walking up the stare, he was suddenly dragged away by a very excited reporter.

"Hayaku Nakamura-san. Oh boy, what a story. We need to get to Sakuragi quick," was the only thing that registered in his mind as his body cannot catch up with the fast pace of Yayoi.

When Yayoi skidded to a halt in front of a scowling Sakuragi, Nakamura already has swirling eyes and aching body. Sakuragi was startled at her sudden appearance and unconsciously took a step back and soon confusion overcame his annoyance.

"Sakuragi-san or should I call you Sanders-san, why were you hiding your real identity and the act in the previous games? What made you revealed yourself now? Do you feel that Shohoku can't win without you playing seriously or are there any other reasons?"

At the mention of Shohoku cannot win without Sakuragi's ability, Mitsui and Miyagi started spluttering protest and looked about ready to burst with their faces turning into a bright shade of red. Akagi's head is now covered with throbbing veins while Kogure, who was at the sidelines, could only manage to sweat drop at the sight. Oh and Rukawa…what do you expect?

"Do'aho"

Throughout the entire exchange, Sakuragi started massaging his head, which has started to throb constantly after his confessions, and could only utter a tired sigh. Maki and the rest of the Kainan starting members held bemused expressions at the scene.

//Sanders? Now where have I heard that name before?// thought Maki, while continue to stare at Sakuragi and his phoenix emblem.

As Yayoi continued her quick questions, the referee could only gape at the scene presented before him. The only thought that was crossing HIS mind is…

//Why me?//

After a minute of pondering, Maki suddenly snapped his figure and shouted.

"I got it. I know there's something familiar about you."

At Maki's sudden shout, everyone including the finally subdued Yayoi focused their attention at Maki, who was openly staring at Sakuragi. If one were to look closely into his eyes, the expression of respect can clearly be seen.

"You're the kid I saw playing in L.A. Your name is Ken Sanders right?" asked Maki urgently, wanting to satisfy his curiosity.

Sighing, Sakuragi thought to himself.

//Sighing and nodding. I seem to be doing those a lot. Now I remember another reason for not wanting this. Kami, I'm really hating this.//

He nodded in resignation towards Maki, who then smiled in satisfaction at having his curiosity settled. Tired of being left out in the dark and seeing the weirdness of his captain and the supposed-red-monkey-idiot-turned-mystery-man-superstar, Kiyota spoke with an irritated scowl on his face.

"Mou Maki-san! What do you mean Ken Sanders? What the hell is going on? Why is everyone fussing about this good-for-nothing-mon…"

* BAM *

"Itai!!! What's that for?!" spluttered an outrage Kiyota.

"Urusai!"said Maki, sternly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

After a little resemblance of order is obtained, the game was about to begin but not without a few casualties. Sakuragi obtained more headaches after having to make a promise to Yayoi that, yes he was Ken Sanders and yes he will only give her the rights for all exclusive interviews. Akagi's vein was throbbing so hard that he started having migraines. Kogure was in a near faint due to dehydration caused by all the extreme floods of sweat during the chaotic moments on court (and it's not even the start of the game). Mitsui and Miyagi were riled up at what Yayoi said and flames of rage can be seen in their eyes and not to mention the raging aura surrounding them.

As for Kainan, Maki was excited and a little concern on team strategy on how to guard Sakuragi. Oh and not to mention if Sakuragi was as good as he was the last time Maki saw him or has he improved. Kiyota was sulking and giving killer glares at Sakuragi. Jin and the other members of Kainan including all those present in the stadium could only pray for a safe game as they watched tempers flare from each team (actually more like Kiyota's temper vs Akagi, Mitsui and Miyagi. He he).

Anyone care to know about Anzai Sensei? Typical reaction => (Ho ho ho ho)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

At the sidelines

"Nakamura-san! Call the chief and tell him I'm not going to cover the Ryonan vs Takezato so he better get someone else on the double. Tell him to reserve a few pages for a special exclusive about a boy wonder from the States and he better reserved them. Tell him it's an exclusive and we're the only one who has it," commanded Yayoi, while at the same time scribbled rapidly in her notebook.

Nakamura who was still dizzy from the as fast as a bullet train Yayoi run was now even dizzier at the instructions coming from the rapidly speaking Yayoi.

//I'll bet she can beat the speed of a machine gun with that mouth of hers//

As a result, a swirly eye Nakamura can be seen talking nonsense into someone's shoe and then getting a knock on the head by an irritated Yayoi.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

Among the crowds

A mysterious figure can be seen leaning against a pole and hiding among its shadow.

//So what will it be Ken?//

* chuckling to himself *

//This game will be one heck of a game. Nice prelude//

As he continued to stare, a small sad smile can be seen on the stranger's face.

Meanwhile, Haruko and her friends chatted with the 'others' of the Sakuragi Gundam.

"Anou, where is Youhei-kun?" asked Haruko curiously.

Nakajima shrugged and said, "Dunno. He said that there will be a surprise in the 2nd half of the game and told us to just watch it."

"Yeah. We don't know what he's planning. Hanamichi and Youhei have been secretive lately," complained Noma.

Ookusu just kept quiet with a frown marring his usually smiling face.

"Oh well, we'll just have to see it for ourselves what his surprise is," said Haruko cheerfully.

Fujii just kept on staring at Sakuragi with a dreamy smile while Matsui looked on with a slight frown, wondering what Sakuragi and Youhei are up to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

On the court

Feeling a prickling tingle as if someone he knew was staring at him, Sakuragi stopped his walk. He glanced around the stadium with a disturbed look. As Sakuragi's glance was reaching the pole of the stranger, the stranger pulled back and hid himself behind the pole. Not satisfied, Sakuragi was about to glance around once more when Akagi barked to him to stop daydreaming as the game was about to start.

Once again, Sakuragi sigh and thought.

//Why did I do this again?//

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ < p class="MsoNormal">

A/N: This will be my last chapter this month because my exams are near. I'm taking a break but I'll be back in June once all my exams are done. I'll be free to write then and I will definitely continue my story. To all the reviewers who wanted me to inform them when I'm updating my story, just click for authors alert at the combo box at the bottom of the chapter, on the left. Thanks for all the great reviews. It really means a lot to me. I'll try my best to keep you all pleased with the story. Again thanks for all the positive support. Since this is my first story, I didn't expect it to be good.