Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Jin's First Love ❯ The First Date ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: After a long period of writer's block, I've finally got my butt down to type this out. Read and review, people.
 
Chapter Summary: Jin and Anne's first official date and we learn something we do not even know about our dear Sakuragi Hanamichi.
 
Chapter 4: The First Date
 
Disclaimers: SD isn't mine and won't be mine even after I'm dead.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
Saturday night finally came and Jin was standing nervously at the Sakuragi doorstep, contemplating on whether to ring the door bell or not.
 
Finally decided, he was about to press the door bell when the door opened.
 
Jin blinked when Mrs. Sakuragi stood at the door.
 
“Jin I presume? Anne's getting ready upstairs.” she informed him.
 
“Oh my, where are my manners? Come in.” she gestured, opening the door wide open.
 
Jin nodded mutely and stepped in.
 
The Sakuragi household was spick and span, proving what Mrs. Sakuragi was indeed a housewife.
 
“Anne, your date is here!” Mrs. Sakuragi hollered up the stairs.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Anne was in her room finishing up the last touches of her outfit.
 
Giving her right arm a quick glance, she sighed in relief when she saw that her tattoo was not detectable.
 
Truth to be told, Hanamichi was not the amateurish basketball player everyone thought he was.
 
You see when Anne started playing in the basketball team, she knew her condition would not allow her to play for the full stretch of forty minutes, so she got Hanamichi to start playing with her, lest one day her condition pulled her out from playing basketball.
 
Hanamichi complemented what she lacked, while she balanced off his faults.
On other words, Hanamichi was the brawn, while Anne was the brains. Together, they made up the formidable Exalted Wings.
 
Anne smiled when she remembered when both her and Hanamichi bested Fujima and Hanagata in a two-on-two match.
 
Fujima had been so impressed by the siblings' teamwork that he suggested that they called themselves the Exalted Wings.
 
Later when they were old enough, Hanamichi proposed that they got a tattoo each to symbolize the Exalted Wings.
 
Eventually, the two siblings settled on the same design; a side profile of an angel's wing, but with different colors. Anne decided on black, while Hanamichi opted for white.
 
Anne's memory sequence was cut off when she heard her mother yell.
 
“Coming mum!” she shouted back.
 
Grabbing her handbag, she exited her room.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
 
“Been waiting for long?” Anne asked.
 
Jin blinked and looked up.
 
Mrs. Sakuragi was nowhere in sight.
 
Anne was dressed in a light blue kimono with Sakura petals as its main decorations. A simple hair clip held her fringe back and she had a bag on her arm.
 
“I feel underdressed.” Jin mumbled, looking down at his T-shirt and jeans.
 
“Don't sweat on it. It's spring, not summer. I don't expect you to put on a yukata.” Anne quipped.
 
“Point taken.” Jin grinned and took up, offering his hand.
 
Anne blushed slightly and took the presented hand.
 
After a while, the pair went out.
 
Mrs. Sakuragi was hiding in the kitchen, grinning slyly as the tender scene unfolded before her.
 
“Kawaii!” she squealed, jumping out of her hiding place when the main door shut.
 
***************************************************************** ***************************
 
Upon arriving at the Shinto Shrine, the pair blinked at how crowded it was.
 
“Okay… this is unexpected.” Anne remarked.
 
Jin nodded in agreement.
 
After some shoving, they managed to get inside the shrine.
 
“Note to self: Never ever enter this shrine again during festive seasons.” Anne muttered.
 
“I second that.” Jin nodded, sighing.
 
“Anne!” came Minami's scream.
 
“Hey Kinashita-chan.” Anne replied, rolling her eyes.
 
“You should at least act surprised you know.” Minami complained.
 
“Knowing you my dear Kinashita, you're bound to come here during this time of the season.” Anne grinned.
 
“Oh yeah.” Minami blushed.
 
“Kinashita!” came Mrs. Minami's call.
 
“Oops, got to go.” Minami waved and ran off.
 
Anne shook her head.
 
“Are you sure you're best friends with her?” Jin quirked a brow.
 
“Yes, we are. Even though we don't act as it.” Anne replied.
 
“That's for sure.” Jin agreed.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
 
After twenty minutes, Jin grinned as he walked behind a squealing Anne.
 
Her eyes had beamed with delight when she set them on the games stalls. She had looked like a child let loose in an amusement park.
 
Jin's musings were cut short when Anne's scolding voice pieced through his thoughts.
 
“Soichiro!” she reprimanded mildly, arms akimbo.
 
“Sorry, sorry.” Jin apologized, flustered.
 
Anne pouted, an amused smile tugging her face.
 
Jin's grin widened and he ran to catch up with the girl.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
 
Two hours later, the pair sat on a backless bench under an oak tree.
 
Around them, the festival raged on.
 
Right now, the pair were leaning against each other's backs.
 
Jin let Anne rest her head on his shoulder as he cast a worried look at the exhausted girl.
 
“Tired.” Jin asked. Technically, it was not a question. Between the both of them, they never found a reason to ask any questions.
 
“Yes.” Anne nodded, sighing.
 
“Are you sure you're alright?” Jin questioned, concerned.
 
“I'll live.” Anne gave him a shadow of a smile.
 
“Want to head home?” Jin suggested.
 
“ And miss the fireworks? No way!” Anne quipped, despite her condition.
 
Jin chuckled, seeing her cheery expression.
 
“And speaking of the fireworks, I do believe they're about to start.” he commented, looking at his watch.
 
Truth to be told, the fireworks display began mere seconds later.
 
“Wow…” Anne breathed in awe as firework after firework exploded across the night sky.
 
“Yeah…” Jin murmured in agreement, the light of the fireworks lighting up his pale skin.
 
Unknowingly, their heads were inching closer.
Minutes passed as the pair watched the fireworks display, held in awe at the stunning light show.
 
Just as the fireworks display was coming to an end, did Jin realize that he was nearing Anne's lips.
 
Then, his eyes widened when Anne planted a soft chaste kiss on his lips. Holding her tighter, he shyly deepened the kiss.
 
Anne moaned softly at the back of her throat. This feeling was new, much deeper than what she had felt with Kouji.
 
They slowly broke their kiss, both blushing furiously.
 
“I'm sorry…” Jin stammered, turning away.
 
Anne smiled softly and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.
 
“It isn't as if I didn't enjoy it.” she admitted, somewhat bashfully.
 
Jin blinked twice before turning to face her.
 
“C…could you pass that by me again?” he inquired, not believing his ears.
 
“I guess what I'm trying to say is I really really like you” Anne replied, her blush deepening.
 
“Good. Because I was wondering if I'd heard wrong.” Jin grinned, before kissing her again.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
 
“So, I guess we're it then.” Jin beamed, once they reached the Sakuragi doorstep some two hours later.
 
“You could say that.” Anne muttered, a faint blush gracing her cheeks.
 
“Good.” Jin nodded, giving Anne a full-fledged goodbye kiss, before walking off, whistling all the way.
 
Anne's blush came back full force at the gesture as she stood at her door, looking at the disappearing back of her now permanent boyfriend.
 
“Good date?” Mrs. Sakuragi's amused voice sounded from the door.
 
“Yes.” Anne mumbled.
 
Mrs. Sakuragi grinned at her adopted daughter's red face and knew that things had been very well for her.
 
“You're just in time for supper.” Mrs. Sakuragi told her daughter.
 
“Yes mother.” Anne beamed, her blush subsiding.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
 
 
SailorStar9: Sorry about the long wait and short chapter guys. I'm running out of ideas for this fic. (Screams.)