Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Just a Little Love Story... ❯ Chapter One: Missing someone ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter One: Missing someone
 
“No!! Onii-chan!!” - A little girl screamed with all her heart as her mother dragged her by the clothes, she herself weeping. “Aki!! Aki - don't leave me!” - Her twin yelled back, waving his arms around wildly, trying to struggle out of his father's grasp. “Kaede! Don't be stupid! We've made a decision!! Your sister goes with your mother!!” - Their father shouted at the dark-haired boy, shaking his small shoulders very severely. “No…” - he whimpered - “I don't want Aki to go!” “Kaede! I told you to stop!!” - Mr. Rukawa shouted before slapping him on the face. Kaede's eyes went very damp before he finally murmured a soft goodbye to his sister, while his sister screamed and flailed her legs around before crying a last - “Onii-chan!!!”
 
It has already been ten years, Akiko thought, and I've never seen onii-chan since then… She turned her head to the window, wondering out aloud - “I wonder where he is?” Suddenly, she felt someone pounce on her as that person cried out aloud - “Is this tomboy actually thinking about a guy?” Her best friend. “Yue - shut up!” - Aki groaned - “Or my stepsister will… You know!” “Okie, whatever…” - Yue muttered in reply - “just wanted to know…” Abruptly, Yue beamed - “If he's handsome, can we share?” “Yue!!” - Aki screamed before hitting her best friend with the enormous plush teddy she had been hugging; not for long, a teddy war started. The two girls shrieked and thumped at each other with huge teddy-bears; “Teddy war!!” - they shrieked before giving each other bigger thumps each time, bringing out the child in them. Before long, there was a very forceful knock on the door - the girls stopped their war. “Woops…” -Yue whispered under her breath when the door swinged open to expose a short girl with a green face. “Akiko!!” - She screamed - “Doesn't your friend understand that it's time for me to have my aromatherapy?! No - don't tell me! You started it!” Her stepsister. “Sorry sis… We were just having fun” - Aki replied with a shrug; Yue nodded beside her. She sighed again forcefully, before saying bossily - “Tomorrow is my first day in senior high school, so don't stress me! I'm already stressed! Oh, and don't call me that silly nickname.” She paused before muttering in an irritated way to an invisible person beside her, “What? Was it `sis'?” Then yelling out aloud -“My name is Akemi!”, before she slammed the door and walked off. A pain in the ass, thought Aki, totally. “Sorry Aki” - Yue muttered beside her, with a forlorn face. “That's okay kiddo” - Aki reassured her in reply, before patting her friend's head. Aki sighed before mumbling to herself - “I almost forgot I'm also going to senior high school tomorrow…” Yue heard her. “Right. You're going to Shohoku ne?” - Yue asked. Aki nodded in reply, feeling sober from their teddy battle.
 
“That is so gonna be cool!” - Yue suddenly shrieked and Aki had to make shushing noises. “Sorry. They say that the cutest guys in Kanagawa go there!” - Yue continued. Aki giggled and grinned before saying - “Yue you could be a reporter you know… Like…” Aki searched for the perfect description, her eyes darting around spitefully, “On the national channel of the cutest guys in Japan!” “Ha ha”, Yue poked at her ribs in mock, “very funny.” “You meant international…” - she replied with just as much spite. The two girls laughed out loud before Yue continued on seriously - “I mean it. Shohoku High's basketball team especially. They got the tallest guys in their school with the most muscular bodies ever!” Aki giggled again and commented - “Gee…You speak a lot more maturely than your fifteen and a half years of age.” “Hey!” - Yue retorted - “That hurt! And besides you're just two months older than me!” “But I'm nearly sixteen” - sang Aki - “Sweet Sixteen!” “Drop dead” - muttered Yue - “I was gonna tell you more about the guys in Kanagawa.” “Okay, whatever…” - Aki smiled before her friend lit up again and continued - “Do you know Kainan High? There's this really cute captain there… He's a little dark though…” Whatever, Aki thought, I'm gonna miss you Yue. I wish you'd join Shohoku. I'll need you there. “Aki! Do you think it'd be a great idea if I joined?” - She heard her friend's piping voice. Aki grinned and said - “Definitely dudette.”