Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ lost and found 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lost and Found- Chapter 7

Fujima Kenji was nervous and excited at the prospect of living with Hanamichi under the same roof, he looked at the time on his watch for the tenth time in an hour as he started to pace his living room with anxiety. Miyako and Kosuke Fujima looked at each other apprehensively while they watched their only son, Kenji stood up from the couch and started pacing the room.

"Kenji, you are going to wear a hole on the carpet we are standing on if you keep pacing..." Kosuke said as he set his newspaper down on the table.

"Sorry Dad..." Kenji replied apologetically only to remain in his seat for a few minutes before the pacing starts again.

After watching the exchange, Miyako Fujima could only shake her head at her son's antics. She was about to say something when the doorbell finally rang on cue, she heaved a sigh of relief as she watched his son opening the door to reveal a tall red-head. "Aa...Finally, Hana-kun... It's been a long time. Do not worry about the rent, feel free to stay as long as you deemed it appropriate." Miyako greeted Hanamichi the moment the redhead was ushered in by Kenji.

"Oh... thank you..." Sakuragi Hanamichi replied absently as he took in the decorations in the house. Hanamichi was stunned by the fact that the Fujima's hasn't mind his staying in their house and had graciously offered him sheltered for free and over an unlimited period of time. He then surveyed the inside of the house and realized that it hadn't changed much compared to his last visit before his parents' divorced.

Fujima's residence was huge compared to the tiny apartment which Hanamichi used to stay in. The house was fully equipped with a swimming pool in the backyard and a mini-koi pond in their garden at the front of their house near the front gate. It's a three-storey mansion and it's large compared to the other houses located along the street in their district. Unlike the front of the house, the interior of the mansion itself was decorated much simple and plain. The walls were painted of a creamy white, nothing too striking or too fanciful which suits them just well. Hanamichi followed Kenji up the staircase towards the second storey of the house where all the living quarters were located since the third storey only consists of one attic room which had been used as a storage room for years in the Fujima's household.

They entered a room two doors away from the staircase, the room was painted in a pale shade of blue. A single bed was placed in the right corner of the room right beside the window. The curtain drapings for the window is also blue in color, and it was drawn during the days to block out the sunlight. A table equipped with shelves for books was placed in the other side of the room facing the bed, next to it was a wardrobe. The bedsheets and blanket provided for Hanamichi was also a matching shade of blue to go along with the color scheme of the room.

"Is this all?" Kenji asked as he set the last of Hanamichi's luggages at the foot of the bed.

"Huh? Oh... yeah... right, that's the last one. I don't have much since majority of the furnitures came with the apartment itself then, so I only had to pack my basic necessities and other random things which I bought either for school purposes or for myself." Hanamichi replied as he checked the luggages brought in by Kenji.

"Oh... so I guess I'll leave you alone to sort out your belongings then. Take your time, I'll call you when it's time for dinner." Kenji announced as he made his way to the door.

"Sure, thanks again for the hospitality." Hanamichi smiled in response.

"No problem, anytime!" Kenji smiled as he closed the bedroom door behind him leaving Hanamichi alone in the room.

Kenji's smile widen at the thought of seeing Hanamichi everyday and the possibility of a relationship forming between them romantically just brighten up the day. A sense of hope fills his heart at the very idea, he smiled happily as he made his way to the kitchen and joined his mother in task of setting the table.

~ to be continue~

date completed: 13/03/05

date revised: 07/04/05