Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Hidden Feelings ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10

A few days had passed and Yuna was finally discharged from the hospital. Feeling very restless at home, she decided to go back to school even though her right leg was still in the cast. She couldn't believe she had missed so many events when she wasn't around. Her gymnastic team had lost really badly without her around. To her disappointed their final score may not allow them to proceed to the finals. She hope the next coming match, her leg will heal and she may try to catch up their scores.

On the other hand, Rukawa had gained even more attention from girls after the Shoyo match last week when she was in the hospital. She watched them disbelieving as a huge group of girls tagged along after Rukawa down the corridor. Even they were making so much noise Rukawa ignored them. Yuna was walking down the corridor with Fujii as they passed.

"Rukawa was really good in the previous match with Shoyo High." Fujii said watching them too. "Haruko was so happy they won the match."

"No wonder, he attracted even more girls now." Yuna said slightly amazed. "They got into the finals didn't they?"

"Hai," Fujii nodded. "The match was last week was so amazing."

"…" Yuna turned away from them then and continued down the corridor slowly. It seemed really difficult for her to walk in clutches. She cursed inwardly.

Girls, Rukawa thought angrily. They are really troublesome.

He made his way down the corridor silently, ignoring the girls that surrounded him. At the corner of his eyes, he saw Yuna limping in her clutches as she walked down the opposite direction of the corridor. Rukawa watched her silently and saw her giving him a slight glimpse before she passed by with one of Haruko's friends. Without much thought about it he continued walking.

Rukawa only visited her once in the hospital. After she yelled at him to leave her alone, he didn't bother to go back there. He didn't want to get into any petty fights and they always ended up that way. She always got angry at the things he said, but he was only telling the truth most of the time.

Yuna that tomboy! Baka! Rukawa thought as he walked down the corridor.

Rukawa, that hentai! BAKA! Yuna thought angrily as she walked away from him. She couldn't believe that Rukawa really didn't come to see her after that night. Not wanting to admit that she cares, she just shoved the thought away quickly.

Rukawa turned around the corner trying to lose the girls that was following him that was when he saw Ayoko in a distance. She looked like she was looking for someone. When she saw Rukawa she smiled.

"Ah Rukawa!" She cried holding up her arm waving at him. "I was looking all over for you."

"Senpai?" Rukawa whispered, as Ayoko jogged up to him. The other girls who were with Rukawa fell back when Ayoko came.

"Did you remember the practice we are going to have this coming Saturday?" Ayoko asked. "Well, it is cancelled and Akagi Senpai had postponed it to Sunday!"

"Which ever day, it doesn't make any difference." Rukawa said coldly.

"Alright then, see you after school at court!" Ayoko said jogging off. "Ja."

**************************************************************** ********

"Yuna chan!" Haruko called running down the corridor after her.

It was after school and Yuna was actually making her way out of the school. She turned back when she heard Haruko called. She was holding a notebook in her hand. Yuna watched her and realized that notebook belong to her.

"You forgot this!" Haruko said passing her the notebook.

"Arigatou." Yuna said taking the book from her. "Must have forgotten all about it."

"Are you coming to practice?"

"No, I got a doctors appointment." Balancing herself she opened her briefcase to keep her book. "I need to get going now. Ja."

After shutting her briefcase she turned around and saw Rukawa walking up. Haruko saw him too and begin to swoon. Rukawa stopped right in front of Yuna looking down at her with his usual cold blue eyes as Yuna glared up at him. However, they turned to Haruko when she spoke.

"Ru… Rukawa-kun," She stammered her face burning red. "You are really great."

Yuna who had seen Haruko looking at Rukawa like that before, turned away and walked off ignoring Rukawa. As Yuna walked away Rukawa turned back to her watching her as she disappeared around the corner.

"Ru…Rukawa," Haruko said again. "You are …really amazing!"

Rukawa turned back to Haruko. She looked up at him hopefully and anxiously. She sure admired him a lot. He wondered why Yuna can't be as nice as she was. Without answering Haruko he turned away and continued walking down the corridor. Haruko watched him leave looking disappointed.

It would be so much better if Yuna was a little nicer towards me. Rukawa thought and sighed inwardly. Not in a million years, for that tomboy. Besides why must I care anyways…?

Yuna made her way to the hospital alone. Everyone was busy that day and she had to go there herself. Even she had a difficult time walking on the clutches she didn't show it.

Rukawa that hentai! Yuna thought angrily. Why must I care about a baka like him anyway. Che!

"Yuna chan?" Someone called then.

Yuna turned to see who called her. To her surprised she saw Sendoh walking across the street towards her. She smiled when she saw him.

"Sendoh Senpai!" Yuna said. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit a friend in Shohoku that's all." Sendoh said standing next to her. "What happened to you?"

"There was a slight accident at the auditorium last week." Yuna said. "I fell from the ladder."

"Fell from a ladder?" Sendoh said looking astonished. "What were you doing?"

"I was just fixing up the stage when the ladder toppled." Yuna said not wanting to tell Sendoh the full details. It sounded so bizarre even to her that the boys were trying to get the main role because they thought she was. "We were getting ready for a play."

"What play?"

"A play we had planned for Valentine's Day as Cinderella."

"I'm sure you will be Cinderella." Sendoh smiled down at her. "For a pretty girl like you, you should play the main role."

Yuna looked at Sendoh slightly surprised. Was he joking to her? His eyes told Yuna that he was serious. Sendoh was so nice, to Yuna's amazement. It was so different from the treatment she always got from Rukawa.

His eyes were so unlike Rukawa's, Yuna thought looking at him slightly stunned. If only Rukawa would say things like that. She thought sadly and sighed inwardly. Like he would anyway, she added sarcastically then. Not in a million years, that hentai!

"If you are Cinderella, I would want to be the prince then." Sendoh continued when Yuna remained silent.

Yuna blushed, and she never did before. She quickly looked away from him. Sendoh was really nice and she never had any guys treating her that way before. The boys she met always forced her to do things she never wanted to do or get her into trouble. So far, the only boy who she ever met who never forces her do things she dislikes, or get her into trouble was Rukawa.

"No," Yuna said finally. "I'm not Cinderella. I would suit the part as the ugly sisters though."

Sendoh laughed. "You are just modest that's all."

Why can't Rukawa say things like that? Yuna wondered again and then she remembered. What Rukawa said to her the night he came to visit her in the hospital. `A tomboy like you can never be Cinderella.' His voice echoed in her head. She gritted her teeth inwardly.

Of course, she thought furiously. A tomboy like me! She came to her senses when she remembered about her doctor's appointment.

Yuna looked down her watched and gasped. "Sendoh Senpai, I have to go." She exclaimed. "I'll be late for the doctor's appointment."

"Let me accompany you there." Sendoh said.

"I don't want to trouble you." Yuna said looking up at him.

"No," Sendoh smiled at her gently. "It won't be any trouble at all."

They both made their way to the hospital together then. After the doctor had seen Yuna and checked on her leg. Sendoh accompanied her back to her house. Yuna was very happy that the doctor said she would be able to remove her cast in another few days time. Yuna turned to Sendoh when they reached the front gate of her house.

"Would you like to come in?" Yuna asked.

"I can't, I have to rush back for practice." Sendoh said shoving his hands into his pockets. "I hope to see you again."

Yuna waved. "Some time soon I hope. Gan batte ne!"

Sendoh smiled waved and turned to leave. Yuna watched him walked down the sidewalk in his cool, carefree way and smiled. He was really different from Rukawa. She was still standing outside the gate when Kasumi came home with groceries.

Eh?" Kasumi said when she saw Yuna standing outside the gate. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Yuna said turning around and walked through the gate.

"Yuna?" Kasumi called as they walked into the house. "Do you think Rukawa-kun will be free this coming Sunday?"

"Dunno, why?" Yuna turned to Kasumi puzzled.

"Everyone is going out on Sunday, I was thinking it would be better if you ask Rukawa-kun to come over to help you look after the house."

"Everyone's going out?"

"Hai, Ojiisan told me that he and his friends will be going to Osaka this Saturday morning and will only be back on Monday. Sota is staying over his friend's house on Sunday doing assignment. He will be leaving in the morning too and I had some committee meeting to attend for the day and might come home at midnight."

"All on Sunday?" Yuna said incredulously.

"Hai," Kasumi said. "A pretty busy Sunday, surprisingly."

"And it is supposed to be a day off." Yuna said walking up the stairs slowly. "OK, I'll ask him."

"Really?" Kasumi said happily. "Good then, at least one of my worries settled."

Yuna sighed as she entered her room wondering whether Rukawa would bother or not to come help her. Besides she didn't really care if he didn't want to come. She flung her clutches down the floor and flopped down her bed looking up the ceiling.

"Is it true," She asked herself softly. "I don't care?"

She was really confused by her feelings lately. Rukawa was the hentai that, she was so sure she will never forgive him. Besides he was always so mean to her. Not long later, she fell asleep without anymore thoughts about Rukawa.

**************************************************************** ********

It was the next day, in school during break as Yuna walked into Rukawa's class. She looked in and saw some boys and a few girls in class but no Rukawa. She looked over to the sign indicating the grouping of the class.

"Year 1 Group 10," Yuna said softly. "This is his class. Besides I just saw him a few minutes ago. He disappears so quickly."

She frowned, or it was because she walked too slowly this few days with the cast still on her leg. She looked into the class again looking slightly abashed. One of the boys in class saw her and called to her.

"Hey, you need something?" He asked. "Yuna chan?"

"No," Yuna said turning away and walked off. "Thanks anyway…"

Rukawa was making his way back to class when he saw Yuna leaving his class and walking away the other direction. So she didn't see him as he walked up. Rukawa watched her disappeared around the corner before he entered the class wonderingly.

She came to look for me? He thought. Something she would never do.

To make sure, he asked his classmates instead. His classmate turned to him in surprised, for he barely talked in class. They were even more surprised when he was asking about Yuna.

"Yuna chan?" One of them exclaimed slightly astonished. "I don't know. I asked her but she didn't say anything."

"…" Rukawa turned away from them and sat down his seat quietly.

**************************************************************** ********

After school, Yuna packed her things slowly. She still hadn't asked Rukawa whether he was free on Sunday. She was thinking about how to ask him when Haruko came up to her.

"Yuna chan, I'm sure you don't have another doctor's appointment again." Haruko said smiling. "Please accompany me to watch the basketball practice."

Yuna turned to her, Rukawa would be there. She smiled, it would be her chance to ask him then.

"Hai!" Yuna said finally. "I'll come with you."

She clasped her briefcase shut and they both left the class together.

"Did you know that the extra practice this coming Saturday is post phone to Sunday?" Haruko said making a conversation. "Oniisan had something important on Saturday so he couldn't make it on Saturday. But knowing Oniisan, he would replace it no matter what day it is!"

Yuna stopped on her tracks then and looked down the floor. Haruko stopped too and turned to look at her.

"Are you alright, Yuna chan?" She asked.

Yuna looked up then, smiling cheerfully. "I'm fine!" She said. "I just remembered I have something to do. I guess I won't be able to accompany you today."

"Ah?" Haruko looked at Yuna disappointed.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Yuna said still smiling cheerfully. "Ja!"

"Eh?" Haruko said softly looking at Yuna's departing figure wonderingly. "Her smile looked so fake."

Yuna walked out the school building alone feeling slightly upset.

So he will be having practice on Sunday, she thought looking down the ground as she walked slowly away from the school. That would means he isn't free to come over.

Pulling herself together. She looked up determinedly.

"Yosh!" She said with confidents and clutched one of her hand in fist. "I will take care of the house myself! Who needs him anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

So what do you think of this chapter? Will Rukawa finally found out that Yuna need him on Sunday and come to help her watch the house?

We will see how the next chapter goes alright!!! ^_^ Don't worry I won't keep you all waiting for long. Will post the next chapter up soon.

Please review everyone, wanna know feedbacks!!!! Thank you so much!!!!