Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Mind Made up ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18

Yuna was jogging down the sidewalk early one morning when she saw Rukawa cycling up to her. Surprised she turned to him. He was in his racer bike carrying a red bag behind his back Yuna smiled, when he cycled next to her.

"Ohayo," Yuna said cheerfully. "Congratulations, you passed your exams. Going to practice basketball?"

"Hai," Rukawa replied shortly.

"Well, I'm sure you will excel in the IH matches." Yuna continued. "Do your best!"

"I will."

They stayed side by side in silence for a moment none of them knowing what to else to say. Yuna recalled the conversation she had with ojiisan last night about going back to China. He had finally agreed on letting her go back, in one condition, she would have to finish her training than less in a year and come home. Something impossible to do but she had to try. Like reading Yuna's mind Rukawa asked.

"Are you still going to China?"

"Hai," Yuna replied softly. "I'll be leaving next week."

"The same time I am leaving."

"I'm afraid so."

Feeling angry Rukawa remained silent.

"You want me to come to Hiroshima?" Yuna asked wondering what he had in mind.

"Who said I want you to?" Rukawa said curtly. "I don't care if you go to China."

Feeling her temper rising as well, Yuna quickly took a deep breath to calm down. She didn't want to quarrel with Rukawa this early in the morning.

"Of course…" She said softly. "Fine with me, I'll see you in school. Ja…"

With that she sped up and disappeared around the corner.

Rukawa, BAKA! She thought to herself irately. Can't he show a little bit of emotions sometimes? If he wants me to come why can't he just say so? Fine, I will just go back to China then. Forget about that, HENTAI!!!!

On the other hand, Rukawa was feeling very furious that Yuna chose to go China rather than come to watch the IH match. Feeling surprised at his own feelings he stopped cycling wonderingly. He couldn't remember when he started caring about Yuna that much. All he ever remembered was she found Yuna, very peculiar, very different from other girls he had met and was curious about her. Not knowing how this feeling of his started, he just pushed it away and cycled on. He mustn't get distracted in any way when he goes to Hiroshima. The best way was to forget how he feels for Yuna though he knew that it would be very difficult to do so.

*************************************************************** *********

Yuna was making her way home after school alone, deep in her thoughts. She was very confused with her feelings for she wanted to go to Hiroshima really badly to watch the IH match. Even she hated to admit it she wanted to support Rukawa but she also wanted to finish her training in China. She sighed, stopped walking and looked up the bright blue sky.

Hiroshima? She thought to herself. Or China…?"

She took out a coin then and looked at it. Heads will be China and tails will be Hiroshima. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Yosh," She said out loud after she opened her eyes again and tossed the coin into the air. As the coin flew upwards, and before Yuna could catch it, someone crashed into her really hard from the back. So hard she nearly fell forward. She turned around quickly and angrily to see who the hell hit her.

"Rukawa!!!" She yelled furiously when she saw him sleeping on his bike as usual. "How many times…" She stopped herself. She had forgotten all about her coin. She turned around and saw it rolling away.

"Oh no!" She cried running after it before she could reach it dropped into a manhole. "Ahhh??" She yelled knelling down the ground looking down the hole. Knowing that she would never know the answer she stood up with a sigh.

"What is that all about?" Rukawa asked coming up behind her. He always become wide awake when he hears Yuna's voice.

"It is none of your business." Yuna said stiffly, her back still on him.

She quickly started walking away not wanting to look at him and Rukawa followed behind her slowly pushing his bike. She was torn between going to China and Hiroshima and she had no idea what to do. Hoping desperately that an answer will drop down from the sky so that she will not be so confused she sighed inwardly. However, like her prayers were being answered, not long later, Riko came running up passing by Yuna towards Rukawa.

"Rukawa-sama!" She cried running to him. Rukawa froze on the spot. "Rukawa-sama!"

Rukawa really hated, that this was happening to him. It was because he didn't want to disobey his parents he was putting up with it. He looked over at Yuna who still had her back on him, walking away like she didn't care. Feeling angry again, he walked on with Riko tagging on next to him.

Yuna that tomboy… why is she acting like that? Rukawa gritted his teeth inwardly.

On the other hand in Yuna's mind was, `Rukawa, baka! Rukawa baka! Rukawa baka! Hentai!' She thought miserably and wearily. She was getting tired of being hurt and being angry all the time, she made up her mind, she will to go to china and forget about everything especially Rukawa.

*************************************************************** *********

Yuna was packing her things that night; now that she had made up her mind to go China. Besides that, now Tendoshi Judo Training Hall will belong to her inevitably she will have to be prepared to face any troubles in the future without problems. Feeling tears welling up her eyes she quickly wipe it away. She had been really sensitive lately and she really hated it.

Why has this got to happen? She thought to herself sadly. All she wanted was to lead a normal teenager's life where they go for parties and go out shopping with friends. She could hardly remember the last time she went out strolling with a friend.

She shut her luggage then and looked around her room. She really wished she didn't have to go. Slowly she left her room and went downstairs; she would be leaving very soon the next day with Kasumi. She stood by the door looking out the darkening sky when Kasumi came up to her.

"Are you alright Yuna?" She asked anxiously.

"Kasumi neechan," Yuna smiled. "I'm fine, I feel like going out for a walk."

"Take your time." Kasumi said understandingly.

Yuna smiled softly and left the house.

*************************************************************** *********

Rukawa, who was packing his bag on his bed, tried not to think about Yuna. She hadn't been talking to him since this morning when he met her during her morning jog. Wondering if she was angry at what he had said he sighed inwardly.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that, he thought. If only I told her the truth…

Shaking his head slightly, he continued packing. He will never tell Yuna, that he wanted her to come with him even though he felt like it. After the treatment Yuna gave him, he was still feeling really angry. She never showed him a slightest feeling that she cared or not.

While packing he picked up a jacket in his hand, and looked at it. That jacket didn't belong to him as he stared down at it. He blinked; he remembered it was Yuna who had placed it on his shoulders at Akagi's house. Folding the jacket neatly, he packed it into the bag too. After that, he zipped up the bag and tossed it to the floor. Leaving his room, he decided to go for a walk.

Yuna was walking down the street to the park as she looked around her neighbourhood. This will be her one last time seeing her homeland before she goes back to China. She wasn't sure how long it will take, even though her grandfather had told her to finish it in less than a year. Hoping that she could, she will have to try. When she reached the small park, she stood by it looking in. She had no intension on going inside. She inclined her head remembering about the night when she hugged Rukawa under the slide. She smiled slightly, the promised that he made for her to move on without her twin brother really made her felt happy. She could remember how he held her back in his arms.

He could be really nice, she thought. If only everything worked out but…

She sighed and turned away. Maybe it was just not meant to be.

"Kanagawa…" Yuna whispered looking around again. "Sayonara…"

She made her way back home unaware; somewhere at a corner down the opposite side of the road, Rukawa was watching her silently.

Rukawa never thought he would meet Yuna. Even he was thinking on seeing her again, he never thought that he would bump into her in the neighbourhood. Not wanting her to see him, he stood in the shadows watching her. She looked sad when she walked away. Feeling his heart aching he walked away at the same time.

"Yuna…" He whispered. "I really hope she remembers our promise…"