Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Unexpected News ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is a new chapter I promised to post it up soon!!!! Thank you everyone for your support!!!

Chapter 20

Rukawa was laying on his desk like always in class, while his classmates were discussing about someone as they waited for their teacher to come in, however what they were discussing caught his attention. He looked up slightly as he listened to his classmates' conversation.

"Did you know that girl who took down Kutzo?" One of his classmates said excitedly. "One blow and Kutzo was unconscious!"

"Hai, I saw it happened." Other said. "I think I know her."

"She used to be in Shohoku High before."

"Yeah, I remember she left because she went to China," The boy was thinking hard as he spoke. "Now let's see, what's her name again?"

"How can you forget?" One of them laughed. "She is Yuna Tendoshi."

Rukawa stood up immediately and left the class. So he wasn't dreaming when he saw Yuna walking down the street yesterday but why wasn't she at home when he went to train Sota. She came to school? Was she avoiding him? But why?

Questions ran through Rukawa's mind as he walked out the school building in a hurry, got his bike and cycled out. He had to make sure that Yuna had really come home. He had to see her with his own two eyes.

Yuna walked down the stairs yawning. She was still tired from her trip home and when she was in China she didn't had much sleep to as she tried to finish her training as fast as she could. Kasumi greeted her at the foot of the stairs.

"Yuna, you sleep through nearly the whole morning." Kasumi said. "How are you today? Still tired?"

"I'm quite alright." Yuna stretched as she reached her sister.

"Can you do me a favour?"

"Nani?"

"I need you to get groceries for me." Kasumi said passing her a basket. "Please…"

"No problem…" Yuna said taking the basket Kasumi passed her and yawned again. "Be right back!"

Yuna left the house then, as she turned around the corner. Rukawa came cycling passed not noticing her. He cycled into through the opened gate quickly and went inside. He looked around the house, he knew that Sota should be in school and ojiisan was still in Tokyo. He went into the kitchen to look for Kasumi then. Kasumi was surprised to see Rukawa.

"Rukawa-kun!" Kasumi exclaimed nearly dropping the bowl she was holding. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Yuna, she had come home?" Rukawa asked ignoring Kasumi's question.

"Eh?" Kasumi looked at Rukawa's anxious face and smiled. "She went out to get groceries for me. Well, she should be…"

Rukawa dashed out the kitchen before Kasumi could finished her sentence, she stared after him.

"Rukawa-kun?"

Rukawa knew that small market place, where Kasumi and Yuna always went. He had seen them there before as he made his way there hoping to find Yuna. He ran all the way to the market forgetting about his bike.

He looked around, when he reached trying to spot her in the crowd. It wasn't very difficult to find her for Rukawa could always remember the fashion of clothes she always wears. They never change. Then at one of the stores he heard a man spoke.

"Yuna-chan you had come home."

"Hai!" Yuna replied. "I'll like to have some of this please."

"Of course." The man said wrapping up the vegetable Yuna had chosen. "It will be on me today."

"Arigatou." Yuna said bowing.

"Iya, just something to welcome you home."

"Arigatou…" She said again and took the wrapped vegetables and put it in the basket.

She turned and found herself staring into a pair of very beautiful blue eyes. Yuna stopped on the spot stunned. She felt her legs had suddenly gone numb like it had disappeared completely. Rukawa stared back at Yuna's stunned beyond words expression. She was still as pretty as she was before.

"Ru… Ru… Rukawa…" Yuna whispered to herself. "Why…"

Rukawa walked towards her while Yuna stood motionlessly on the spot still unable to feel her legs. Before he could say anything Yuna blurted out.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

Rukawa raised his eyebrows slightly.

Yuna blushed and turned away. After six months of not seeing him, and that was the first thing she could say to him. How embarrassing.

"Why didn't you tell me that you came home?" Rukawa asked.

Yuna remained silent and walked on. Rukawa followed. She didn't know how to answer that question. The truth was that she had missed Rukawa very badly when she was in China. She hated that feeling and she never expect to see him so soon when she get back. She still remembered that Rukawa had a fiancée.

"How is Riko-chan?" Yuna asked instead.

Taken aback by that question Rukawa stopped walking. Yuna turned around to look at him slightly. He looked livid and Yuna inclined her head wonderingly.

"I don't care and I don't know!" Rukawa snapped.

Yuna turned away from him then and walked on. She should be happy to hear that but instead she felt slightly guilty. Riko adores Rukawa, Yuna knew that and if she comes in between them, everyone would call her a third party bitch. She sighed inwardly. She had been thinking a lot lately in China. She knew that as long Rukawa and Riko remains engaged she should stay away, even though the thought hurts a lot.

"She is your fiancée Rukawa." Yuna said softly as they walked back to the house. "Don't you think you should treat her a little better than you are now?"

Rukawa clenched his hands into fists then. He couldn't understand why Yuna was saying things like that to him. He hated the feeling of loneliness when Yuna went away. He was actually pretty surprised at his happiness that she came home. The feeling was very pleasing when he saw Yuna standing by the stall. But it didn't last that long when he remembered that she was trying to avoid him and anger sipped in again.

"Why do you care anyway?" He said flatly.

"I didn't say that I did." Yuna replied a matter a factly.

Rukawa looked over at Yuna; she was looking down the ground.

"Yuna…" Rukawa said softly. "Look at me…"

Yuna stopped walking then.

"Please…"

Yuna's heartache when she heard Rukawa talking to her like that. Slowly she looked up and saw Rukawa staring at her, his eyes was so different from always were gentle and warm. Yuna's heart skipped a beat and quickly turned away.

"We better hurry home." Yuna muttered.

"Let me help you carry that." Rukawa said reaching for the basket.

"Iya," Yuna said moving away from him. "I don't need your help."

"You sure a tomboy…" Rukawa muttered slightly annoyed.

"What about you?" Yuna turned to him angrily. "Hentai!"

They glared at each other for a moment. Then Yuna burst out laughing to Rukawa's surprised. They always ended up this way no matter how nice they were to each other at the beginning.

"You never change." Yuna said still laughing.

"You too," Rukawa said sighing slightly after he heard Yuna laughed. It was really nice to see her again.

Yuna was thinking of the same thing. She really missed Rukawa when she was away and seeing him again made her very comfortable. They made their way home together.

I guess we can always still be friends, Yuna thought to herself though, she couldn't stop the awful feeling in her heart.

*************************************************************** *********

"Ojiisan, welcome home!" Yuna exclaimed when her grandfather came home from Tokyo. "How was your trip? Why did you go to Tokyo anyway?"

"I should be the welcoming you home." Ojiisan said hugging her granddaughter. "Well, I went to Tokyo to meet some of your father's old friend."

"Father's old friend?" Yuna wondered out loud. "Why did you want to meet them?"

"Well, I'm so glad you are back, I guess it will be time I tell you about it."

"Tell me what?"

"I'll arrange something, tomorrow and I can tell you then."

Yuna looked at her grandfather bewildered; what was the big secret?

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Well, I think tomorrow will be the right time." Ojiisan said his tone telling Yuna it is final. "Well, I'll bring you out for lunch tomorrow. We will be going to Danny's."

"Danny's?" Yuna looked at her grandfather as if he was sick. "You never liked western food."

"People change." He said shortly and walked off.

"Eh?" Yuna inclined her head. "He is sure weird today."

The next day, like her grandfather had told her, they went to Danny's for lunch. Yuna looked at her grandfather from time to time hoping he was alright. Finally he cleared his throat.

"Yuna, I'm glad you had finished your training sooner than I thought." He started. "I went to Tokyo to meet your father's friend was because of some agreement they had made when they were younger."

"When they were younger?"

"Yes, you see this man was your father's really good friend in school, they went college together and then University." Ojiisan continued. "They had had made a betrothal agreement."

"Huh?" Yuna looked at her grandfather as if he was speaking in some alien language. "Betrothal agreement?"

"Fortunately, your father's friend was blessed with a son."

"Eh?" Yuna raised her eyebrows. "What has it got to do with me?"

"He had chosen you to be his son's fiancée for he was almost around your age." Ojiisan explained. "His son will be coming here to meet us very soon now."

Yuna who was sipping on her drink choked. She stood up immediately towering over her grandfather angrily.

"What do you mean `his son's fiancée'?" She cried. "Don't tell me the fiancée is me!"

"Hadn't you been listening to me? As the matter fact, it is you."

"You got to be kidding me!" Yuna clenched her hands into fists. "This is the 90's you can't do this to me. I won't put up with an arranged marriage!"

"Sit down Yuna and calm down."

"Iya, I'm going home!" She said curtly turning away.

"Ah, you're lucky today, he's already here." Ojiisan said happily glad that he had come on time too. "He is at the door!"

Yuna turned to look and to her surprised she saw Akira Sendoh standing at the frame of the entrance door. She gaped and sank down her seat again as Sendoh gave her that charming smile of his as he walked over to them.

Whao, what kind of twist in fate is this? Yuna thought flabbergasted still staring at Sendoh as he made his way to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! For a moment, just imagine I was laughing like Sakuragi!!!! Now that Yuna had a fiancée too what would Rukawa think? Well, I don't know if anyone like the idea… anyways I'm ready for everyone to criticize!!!! Didn't expect this to happen right :p !!!! Please review and tell me what mina thinks!!!!!