Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ In Tokyo ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28

Sendoh looked at his watch waiting, Yuna was later than usual. He looked around the busy street of Tokyo and his mind wondered off to what had happened a few days back when he was still in Kanagawa.

Sendoh's thoughts

"Gomen, Akira-kun," Yuna said softly looking down the ground. "But I don't think we should continue with this betrothal arrangement..."

"You are still thinking about Rukawa aren't you?" Sendoh asked sounding slightly hurt. "I always knew when I saw the both of you together."

"I shouldn't have…"

"It is not your fault." Sendoh hold up his hand to stop Yuna at mid sentence. "Besides I can see you were trying your best to get to know me and come to think about it. If I would have met you earlier than Rukawa had, things might be different."

Yuna looked at Sendoh then slightly surprised to see him smiling at her gently.

"If only I had met you earlier." Sendoh said again touching her cheeks softly. "I guess this is what everyone called fate and destiny. If we are meant to be no matter how you avoid it, it will still happen. Fate brought us together but destiny had decided we are not meant to be…"

"I will never forget you Akira-kun." Yuna said smiling. "You had shown be many things and how to have fun…how to take things easy. I realized I always take things pretty hard on myself."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"Arigatou Akira-kun, you will always be a good friend to me."

End of Sendoh's thoughts.

"Gomen!" Yuna cried running up to Sendoh.

Sendoh came back to his senses and turned to Yuna running across the zebra crossing together with a huge crowd of people. She was wearing the off white dress he had given her during Christmas and really looked awesome in the dress. She was smiling and waving at him.

"Yuna," Sendoh smiled. "What took you so long?"

"This…" Yuna said holding up a package showing it to Sendoh. "It was pretty last minute that I decided to go get something for your parents. Even they will not be my parents in law- they are still my parent's best friends."

Sendoh smiled. "Well, come on, they are already waiting for us at the restaurant."

"Hai," Yuna grinned.

They made their way to meet Sendoh's parents. Sendoh had already told them that it didn't work out between Yuna and him. They were disappointed, though there wasn't any more arranged marriage they had insisted on seeing Yuna because she was after all the daughter of their best friend from school. They were eager to see how well she had grown. So they had decided to meet her for dinner.

*************************************************************** *********

After, dinner Sendoh sent Yuna back to her hotel. They walked together in the busy street quietly. Yuna was happy to know that Sendoh's parents weren't angry at her for breaking the fiancée arrangement. It had always been in the culture when parents had arranged a betrothal their children should obey as a sign of respect.

"Ano…" Yuna begin softly.

"Don't worry neh." Sendoh said smiling. "My parents don't really believe in arrange marriage anyway."

"I guess…"

"Does Rukawa know about this yet?" Sendoh asked.

"Iya, I hadn't seen him for a week since the night we went to the festival." Yuna said softly. "I don't really know where he went for I heard Ojiisan said that he had left Kanagawa."

"Without telling you?"

Yuna shrugged.

Sendoh looked down at Yuna quietly. She looked slightly depressed but she quickly covered it with a smile as she looked at him.

"Don't worry, it's not like I am anyone special to Rukawa, he doesn't need to tell me anything." Yuna said cheerfully. "Besides, it is so like Rukawa to do things as he likes."

"But…"

"Well, Akira-kun, I'm fine really." Yuna said. "I'm so used to it. Rukawa had always been like this since I met him."

Yuna then thought back the first time she had met him. Now that she was thinking about it, it seemed really funny the way they had met. Yuna smiled softly, thinking how angry she was then. Sendoh looked at Yuna slightly bewildered.

"What is it Yuna?"

"Iya…" Yuna shook her head. She had not told a single on how she had met Rukawa. It was embarrassing and only her family knew what actually happened. How she hated him then and now she realized how much she cared about him. She sighed. "Things change when times goes by, doesn't it Akira-kun?"

"Why do you asked?" Sendoh smiled still looking bewildered.

"Well, I still remember how much I hated Rukawa when I first met him." Yuna said. "I didn't know how it started, but I learned to care about him later."

Sendoh remained silent still smiling.

"I really hope he does the same for me." Yuna said looking up at Sendoh.

"Why don't you ask him?"

"Ask him?" Yuna whispered looking down the ground. She knew she wouldn't be able to ask him that because she was afraid of the answer.

They reached Yuna's hotel, they said their byes and promised to keep in touch before Yuna entered the lobby still thinking about how to ask Rukawa about it. She went over to the lift and reached for the button when someone's finger reached for it at the same time. Yuna turned to look at the person and found that she was staring at a pair of expressionless blue eyes.

"Rukawa?" Yuna whispered.

Rukawa's eyes widened with surprised staring back at Yuna before him. He was even more surprised to see her wearing a dress.

"What are you doing here?" They both asked together.