Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ The road back home ❯ The road back home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: The road back home...
Fandom: Slam Dunk
Genre: General
Rating: PG-13, hints of shonen-ai
Pairing: Mitsui Hisashi/Kiminobu Kogure
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Slam Dunk!
Author's notes: First attempt at such pairing, pardon me if it's not well-written... This fic is written for Jeanith...

***

Mitsui Hisashi was nervous, he had never felt so nervous before. Not even when he first returned to the court after a two years blank gap in his basketball life.

Now he was standing in front of his ex teammates and lover(?), Kiminobu Kogure's doorstep. It had been three years since he had seen Kogure in person. Three years ago, he had left Kogure for America without a word, and had only returned to Japan, one hour ago.

He was now homeless as his family house had been sold when his whole family had decided to migrate to America. The thought of keeping the house for future use had never crossed Mitsui's mind since he hadn't expected himself to return after a three years absence. Mitsui had left Kogure using the excuse that they're both too young and needed sometime to reflect on their life choices.

During the three years that they're apart, Mitsui had never called or written a single letter to Kogure and the other members on the Shohoku team. Now that he's back from America, he still didn't contact anyone else and had headed straight for Kogure's apartment. He was seriously doubting the fact that Kogure will still welcome him with hugs and kisses, but he was going to try his luck.

Taking a deep breath, Mitsui reached for the doorbell. His heart hammering against his ribs as he waited patiently for Kogure to answer the door. He heard a shuffle of feet behind the door, before it opened.

"Mitsui?"

Looking up, he found Kogure staring at him weirdly.

"Aa... Kogure..." he started, swallowing nervously as he greeted Kogure.

However, before he could say more, Kogure interrupted his train of thoughts.

"Mitsui, are you even aware of the fact that you own a key to my house?"

"Eh?" His previous words forgotten as he blinked at Kogure's statement, "Yes... but I thought you would had the locks changed after I left you..." he blurted out.

Kogure regarded him for a second before gesturing for him to come in. "Well... come in then. I suppose we need a talk..."

Mitsui entered the house nervously, while Kogure shutted the door after them.

"I knew you would be back, that's why I didn't change the lock." Kogure said as soon as Mitsui finished surveyed the interior of the house.

"Huh?" Mitsui fixed Kogure with unreadable eyes.

"I know, it's stupid... isn't it?" Kogure smiled ironically, "That's what the others keep telling me... but I wanted to wait for you. That's why I didn't pay much attention to the others, I only wanted you by my side... Now that you're back, I know my efforts wasn't in vain...You'll stay, won't you?" Kogure eyed Mitsui hopefully.

Upon hearing Kogure's words, Mitsui could control his emotions no longer. Reaching forward, he pulled Kogure in for a long session of kiss before whispering "Yes... I'm back... and I'll never leave you alone, ever again..."
Time seemed to freeze as the two lovers embraced tightly, not wanting to let go of each other.

~ Owari~

date started: 25/04/05

date completed: 26/04/05

date revised: 28/04/05