Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Valentine Kiss ❯ Valentine Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
 TITLE: Valentine Kiss
AUTHOR: MitsuiSelphie
Genre: romance, fluff, gag
Pairing: RuHanaRu
Rating: PG
Synopsis: Hanamichi and Rukawa’s relationship is in trouble so Ayako steps in and takes desperate measures…(RuHanaRu gag)
A/N: This fic was inspired by filauniverse’s idea years ago. I’m back to writing after 2 years and I must say, I’m on a roll. Oh yeah, this is a gag, no real plot, so proceed with caution, my young padowan.

~*~

April 1 (Hanamichi’s B-day)


“Kitsune, tadaima!”

Rukawa Kaede gritted his teeth in frustration. Hanamichi’s party was scheduled for the next day and after a day of Hana-mi with the basketball team and the Gundan, Rukawa was looking forward to their time alone that night.

“Ojamashimasu…” the Gundan said in unison, as they entered the door.

The blue-eyed fox gave his red-haired lover a flying kick. “Kono ‘ahou!”

“What did I do?!” sprawled helplessly on the floor, Hanamichi mustered a shout at Kaede’s retreating back.

~*~

December 24 (Christmas Eve)


The basketball teams of Shohoku, Shoyo, Ryonan and Kainan (new and old members alike), Sakuragi Gundan, and some other invited guests were together for the year’s Christmas party at a local club in Kitamura in the Kanagawa district of Japan.

The club was full of life, neon lights twinkling, disco balls gyrating with the hips of the restless teenagers. Hanamichi was elbowing his way thru dance floor with two cups of punch in his hands when he was suddenly stopped by a familiar person.

“Yo, Sakuragi.”
“Oi, Sendoh. What is it?”
“That for me?” The former Ryonan captain nodded towards Hanamichi’s hand.
“Of course not,” the red-head answered heatedly amidst Sendoh’s laughter. “Move away and let me pass, temee!”
“But I can’t do that,” Sendoh replied, an amused look in his mischievous eyes.
“What?! Why not?”

Sendoh Akira smiled widely and pointed to the ceiling above them.
“Wha – “ was all that Sakuragi could utter as the other boy grabbed his face and claimed his half-open mouth in a fervent kiss.

From across the dance floor, Rukawa could clearly see what was happening. A vein popping clearly in his forehead, he marched across towards them. Reaching up and grabbing the mistletoe hanging from the low-lying disco light, he crossed his arms against his chest, tapped his feet impatiently and cleared his throat.

“Oh, Rukawa, you’re here,” Sendoh said as soon as he let go of the stunned Hanamichi.
“Are you through?” the blue-eyed fox asked, wiggling the mistletoe in front of Sendoh’s face.
“Oh, wonder how that got there!”

In the midst of Sendoh’s nervous laughter, Rukawa grabbed his and Hanamichi’s head from behind, and slammed their foreheads against each other. BANG.

While this action made Sendoh faint, it brought Hanamichi back to his senses.

“Oi, temee kitsune! What did I do now? It wasn’t my fault!” He shouted at Kaede’s retreating back.

~*~

January 1 (Kaede’s birthday – 1:00 am)


“Kitsune, tadaima.”
“What took you so long?”
“It was crazy on the way here, sorry. Okaa-san made me take this smoked ham back, it’s really heavy. Oh, Happy New Year,” Hanamichi greeted, giving Kaede a quick peck on the cheek.
“That’s all? Just Happy New Year?” the new Shohoku captain asked after a long moment of uneasy silence.
“Errr…yeah…”
“Nothing else?”
“No. Is there anything else?” Hanamichi scratched his head, utterly clueless.
Rukawa took a hold of the oversized smoked ham that was his lover’s mother’s gift and pounded it on Hanamichi’s head.

“What did I do now?!” he shouted at Kaede’s retreating back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*
I already forgot how it all started. All I know is that one day, I woke up and I didn’t hate his guts anymore. Everything came after that, I guess. Even so, after that, I still wasn’t sure of what I feel for him. Oh yes, he has always been special to me. But as to the definition and extent of my feelings for him…
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*


“Oi, Kitsune, where are you going?”

Hanamichi lifted his head from the sofa when he saw Rukawa cross the living room with a sports bag slung across his shoulder.

“It’s Sunday,” he continued, passing an inquisitive eye over his sports suit, “no practice today, remember?”

Rukawa merely glanced at him and replied monotonously, “I have practice with the All-Japan team for a week in Tokyo.”

“Oh yes, I forgot about that.”
“I’m not surprised,” Kaede gave a loud derisive snort and stepped out the front door.
“Hey!” Hanamichi bolted upright and stalked after him, “what do you mean by that?!”
“Figure it out for yourself, ‘ahou.”
“Nani?? Temee, kitsune!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
And that was the incident that got me thinking. From the moment we’ve been together, I swore to myself that as long as Kaede was with me, I’m going to make him smile more often. But it seemed to me as if I had failed. Not only was he not smiling as often as I wanted him too, he was not smiling at all. I shouldn’t have been surprised, I fail in a lot of things, though I never admit it, but being Kaede’s lover is something that I want to excel in more than anything else...
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*


Hanamichi paced the living room anxiously, biting his nails, glancing at the phone and looking at the wall clock simultaneously. It’s been three days since Kaede had left, but he’s received no word from him, not even a single text message.

“Aaaaaahhhhh!!! Temee kitsune!” marching up to the phone in frustration, he dialed Kaede’s cellular number and waited.

[Sorry, the number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area.]

“Great!” he shouted at the receiver and slammed the earpiece down.

The fuming red-head rummaged thru his sports bag for his PHS all the while muttering something about killing a blue-eyed kitsune when he sees one.

“Still no reply?!” How many emails had he sent already? But none had bore a reply.

Feeling defeated and at the same time exhausted, he slumped down on the sofa.
(Are you just too busy?) he thought. (Or are you trying to get rid of me once and for all?)

In his heart, Hanamichi silently prayed. (Please don’t get rid of me…)

And in the hollow silence of his mind, he could hear the steady ticking of the clock.

~*~

“Oi, Sakuragi Hanamichi! What do you think you’re doing?! That’s the third lay-up you missed! Honestly, I’m beginning to doubt why Anzai-sensei made you co-captain.” Ayako shouted by the courtside, fangs bared and ready to attack.

Jersey number 5, Sakuragi Hanamichi, suddenly turned eyes full of unshed tears towards the team manager.

“Eeehhhhhhh????” Ayako exclaimed.

The new Shohoku co-captain sniffed loudly before banging his head on the court floor amidst everybody’s sweatdrops.

“O…oi, Hanamichi,” Ayako called as Hanamichi walked zombie-like into the locker room.

Not bothering to close the door behind him, he slumped beside the lockers and absent-mindedly stared at the ceiling.

“What’s the matter, tensai?” he heard Ayako say as she entered the room. Even then, he didn’t have the strength to turn his head to face her.
“Oh come on,” she nudged him with her elbow, “he’s only been gone for four days…are you missing him that much already?” In ordinary days, it would have gotten Hanamichi out of his slump and back into his “ore wa tensai” mode, but it seemed like it wasn’t working that very moment.
“I don’t know,” he whispered quietly, “what I’m doing wrong. But…I don’t think I’m making him happy.”
“Oh…” Ayako put a comforting arm around him. “You know, I’ve known Rukawa for a long time already, but the first time I’ve seen him show his emotions so often was when you two met.”
“That doesn’t necessarily mean happy, does it?”
“True. But what that does mean, is that if anyone can make him happy, that person would be you.”
“That’s just it, I don’t know how to.”
“Well…there are some things you have to figure out for yourself, Hanamichi. BUT, what I can tell you is that, Rukawa is the kind of person who gives himself completely. That’s why, what he needs is someone who can do the same.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
‘Rukawa is the kind of person who gives himself completely. That’s why, what he needs is someone who can do the same.’
I knew that Ayako-san was telling the truth. From the very start, Kaede had given me more than what I could give him. To say that he loved me more than I had ever loved him would be true too. And that sucks. I don’t want things to remain that way. Kaede had always been so passionate when it comes to our relationship that I haven’t been able to respond to him in the same level. But I was determined to change all that…
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*


“I see,” the young man nodded quietly.
“Come on,” she shook the red-head, “no time to get depressed. Hey, would you like to win Rukawa’s heart all over again?”
“Eh?”
“I got an idea, a marvelous one,” she proclaimed in a sing-song voice, eyes glinting maniacally.

~*~

“Tell us again why we have to do this?” Mitsui Hisashi whispered to his companion.
“Because Aya-chan said so!”

Miyagi Ryouta and Mitsui Hisashi, former Shohoku captain and co-captain respectively, were crouching beneath the bushes beside the basketball court in Tokyo where the All-Japan basketball team practices. Dressed in all black spy suits, complete with scarves covering their heads and tied beneath their noses which screamed “dorobo!!!” all throughout, they continued to talk in whispers.

“Why’d you have to drag me into this? Min-kun and I were busy at home…” the older boy gritted his teeth loudly.
“Hey! Careful with those dentures, old man, they cost a lot don’t they?”
“Nani?! Kono kuso chibi…”
“Hey, I’ve been wondering for quite a while now, how do you and Kogure-sempai kiss? Doesn’t his tongue get caught in your fake teeth?”
“It’s none of your damn business!!!” Mitsui retorted, his face red all over.
“Okay, okay, lower your voice okay? We’re dead if they find us out.”
“Yeah, no doubt. With how we look like right now, they’ll be sending us off to jail in no time. What exactly are we doing here dressed like this, anyway?”
“Well…you see…”

((flashback))

Ryouta was walking along the boulevard lined with various cafes and boutiques, thinking (and WISHING) that it’s finally the day Ayako would agree to go on a date with him.

“Oh! It’s Aya-chan!” he excitedly answered his PHS with hearts in his eyes. “Moshi moshi, Aya-chan?”

“Ryouta! Listen *BUZZ* need *BUZZ* some *BUZZ* me *BUZZ*”
“Hello, Aya-chan? I can’t hear you clearly...hello? Hello?”
“Lis *BUZZ* fully *BUZZ* favor *BUZZ* kid *BUZZ* nap *BUZZ* Rukawa *BUZZ* ask *BUZZ* help *BUZZ* Mitsui.”
“Huh???”
“Bring him *BUZZ* to airfield *BUZZ* Gundan *BUZZ* there…*BEEEEEEP*”
“hello, Aya-chan? Aya-chan???”

Ryouta flipped his PHS close.

“Ehhhhhhhh?” he exclaimed, realization dawning upon him, “Did Aya-chan just ask me to kidnap Rukawa????????!!!”

((end of flashback))

“Whaaaaaaaat?!!! We’re here to kidnap Rukawa?!”

Ryouta covered Mitsui’s mouth with his hand and looked around him.

“Not so loud, ojisan!” he whispered.
“Listen, chibi,” Mitsui whispered back hoarsely, “I refuse to take part in this crime!

Five minutes later, Rukawa disappeared for a bathroom break and didn’t return to the practice altogether. A witness said he saw two figures all dressed in black grab the blue-eyed fox from behind.

~*~

Rukawa Kaede tried to open his eyes, realizing that he’s not able to with a blindfold tied tightly around his head. He groaned as he felt his head pulsate in pain but that was about all he could do because every part of his body appeared to be bound – his was mouth gagged, hands tied behind his back and legs shut tight with thick ropes. He tried to remember where he was, but everything seemed to be hazy. All he could remember was that he was playing basketball and the next second…well...that’s about all he could recall.
(‘What’s happening,’) he thought, trying to clear his head and think rationally.
“Hurry up! It’s getting late, Aya-chan won’t be pleased!” He heard a very familiar voice say. Did he just hear ‘Aya-chan’?
“Shut up you runt! Why don’t you carry him instead?!” With the sound of another familiar voice, he felt an eerie sense of foreboding which to his rational thoughts came a tad bit too late to warn him of future events as the misfortune has already happened.
“He’s too heavy for me dammit!”
“You’re just too small!”
“Shove it, old man!”

He tried to get on his feet, but realized that there wasn’t anything of substance beneath them. Feeling something hard against stomach, he finally got two on two together. He was slung on someone’s shoulder, being carried off to god-knows-where, probably to be shipped and sold as a slave. At that moment, Rukawa panicked like he never panicked before, a million things running inside his usually bored mind.
(‘What’s gonna happen to me?! Where are they taking me?! Are they gonna sell me?! Noooooooooooo! I don’t wanna be a sex slave to some 60-year-old perverted geezer! Hanamichiiiiiii!!!’)

He wanted to do something, anything. Not that he could, being well tied up and all, but the sense of hopelessness awakened his instinct for survival. He started to wiggle like an extremely oversized maggot causing the person carrying him to stop and readjust his grip.

“Crap! Stop moving you brat!”
“What the hell?! Oi! Old man, hurry up will you?!”
“I’ll be faster if Rukawa behaves his butt,” the man replied in between muffled grunts, trying to take a stronger grip on his load’s middle section.
Rukawa froze in mid-wiggle. Did his assailant just say his name? If then, he wasn’t just an anonymous victim of kidnapping and probable white slavery. This is personal. But then, he can’t think of anyone who could have bore a grudge against him. Of course, there were always the people he ran over with his bicycle more than once, particularly that grumpy old man who spends his mornings bent over the pavement, weeding his precious plants…
Seizing the chance, his assailant went on at full speed while he was busy thinking of who else he could’ve ran over that he didn’t notice. He was brought back to his senses when he felt himself being dumped unceremoniously onto a surface which made a sound as though it was made of metal.

“Huh?! What did you guys do? Why is Rukawa tied up?” He heard a voice say. It was definitely another person’s voice, not belonging to the two people who carried him off, but there was something very familiar about it too.
“What do you mean why is he tied up? The lady boss asked me to kidnap him, so there…”
“She did? She didn’t tell us about that…does that mean we also shouldn’t untie him?”
“Of course! I don’t want to incur that amazon woman’s wrath.”
“Hey! Watch your mouth!”

(‘Definitely more than three people now’), Rukawa thought despairingly.

“Oi kono chibi, could we go now? I’m tired and hungry and I ain’t getting paid for this!”
“Didn’t we just eat a couple of hours ago?”
“Exactly. That was a couple of hours ago. Let’s go, dammit, I’m starved.”
“Fine, you walking model of a bottomless pit.”

After that he heard a muffled “oomph”, a thud, a bang of a door being shut, scuffle of feet all around him, and then the deafening sound of a propeller. ‘A propeller?!’ his heart raced in anxiety.

“Gundan one to lady boss, Gundan one to lady boss, over.”
“Lady boss here, report your current status, over.” He heard a muffled reply which sounded like it came from a radio with severe static disturbance.
“Hanshin-kyojin delivered the package, I repeat, Hanshin-kyojin delivered the package, over.”
“Perfect. Double time Team Gundan, Akagezaru is waiting, over.”
“Ryokai.”

(‘Hanshin-kyojin?! 217;) The people who kidnapped him are comedians?! Or are those Hanshin and Kyojin, Japanese baseball teams? (‘What the hell is going on?’) Rukawa started writhing in his seat again. (‘What in the hell is going on?!’)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Ayak o-san, are you sure about this?”
“Would you just sit tight and trust me on this, Hanamichi?”
“But…”
“No buts…don’t worry, you’ll see, things are gonna be perfect by the end of the night.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rukawa felt the gradual descent of the chopper, his heart jumping a little when he felt them touch solid ground. Unexpressed anxiety mixed with the frustration of being bound was getting to him, he felt like he could set the chopper on fire with anger. After much mental cursing and vows of revenge swimming in his head, he heard yet another familiar voice.

“Gundan four to lady boss, Gundan four to lady boss, over.”
“Lady boss here. Report your status, over.”
“Red, number 4, three points, over.”

‘Red, number 4, three points?’ he repeated dully in his head.

“Food is getting cold, deliver the package ASAP, over.”
“Duck, turkey or chicken, over?”
A pause on the other line. “…Steak, over.”
“OH! Make sure you save us some too. Make that lots! I’m starved.”
Another pause on the other line. “Gundan four gets to be thrown off the chopper. I repeat, Gundan four gets to be thrown off the chopper, over.”
“NANIIII?”
“What are you doing, stupid?!”

Rukawa perked his ears. A moment of silence. Bang. Crash. Thud. Oomph.
“Ite!”
“Sorry lady boss, Gundan one here. I got your orders, over.”
“Great. Make it fast then, over.”
“Ryokai.”

“Come on men, let’s get a move on.”
He felt arms grabbing beneath his armpits and another pair of hands lifting his legs.

“Whoa, I can’t believe Rukawa’s so heavy.”
“Yeah and he seems so thin too.”

Suddenly, it hit him. He was being carried off. To a place only god-knows-where. To be sold as a sex slave. Probably.
Realizing this, he resumed his extremely oversized maggot act and writhed with all the strength he could muster. Taken by surprise, the people who were carrying him suddenly loosened their grips and dropped him on the ground. Not even taking notice of the pain in his back as he was dropped, he started rolling himself in full speed – anywhere as long as it’s away from his captors. Roll roll roll he went.

“Oiiiiii! Rukawa! What do you think you’re doing?!”

He heard the pound of numerous feet following him. A stampede! He quickened his pace, not minding that his rolling was crushing his nose.

“Holy shit! Grab Rukawa, he’s gonna fall off the cliff!”

‘Fall off the cliff?’?! He didn’t know whether it was a bluff or not, but he decided that falling off the cliff was better than being anybody’s sex slave. So roll roll roll he went, until he felt something heavy thrown over him to stop his pathetic plan of escape.
He desperately tried to wriggle his way from underneath, but to no avail. Devoid of strength and stamina, he surrendered to his fate and remained still. Goodbye innocence. Hello, world of handcuffs, candles and whips.
He felt himself relieved of the weight thrown over him and a pair of hands gently propped him up in a seating position.
“What the hell have you done to him?!” he heard a woman shout.
‘Must be the lady boss,’ he thought.

WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK

“Iteeeeeeeeeeeee….But boss, he was like that when Hanshin-kyojin delivered him to us.”
“Nanda yooooooooooooo…”

(‘What have I done to incur the wrath of such a scary woman?’) Rukawa shuddered at his own thought, regretting each and every time he ran over someone while riding his bicycle half-asleep.

“Ryouta is definitely gonna get it…”

(‘Ryouta?’)

“And Mitsui-sempai too…those idiots. I asked them to bring Rukawa over to the airfield nicely.”

(‘Mitsui?’)

Still not being able to think things over clearly, he felt his blindfold and gag being taken off. He kept blinking a number of times before his vision started to focus.

“Do…ahou?” he felt a lump rise to his throat when he saw the person looming before him. Red hair, brown eyes, luscious lips. He can’t be wrong.
“Kitsune…are you okay?” The red-head proceeded to untie his hands and legs.

His eyes traveled around - Ayako, fanning herself in anger, being calmed down by Yohei, Anozumi, hiding from Ayako, Ookusu drooling on what seems to be a plateful of food on a table covered with white linen and Sauichiro, slapping Ookusu’s hand each time he tried to take a pinch of what was in the plate.

“What the hell is going on?” He finally managed to croak out loud, his voice coming out cracked and muffled.
“Well, you see…”
“Did you plan all this?” he asked his lover.

Hanamichi’s brain went into overdrive. If he admitted to planning this, maybe Rukawa would be pleased and fall in love with him all over again.

“…Yes…” he lied hesitantly before gaining composure. “If you mean planning for a candlelit dinner by the beach under the stars, then, YES! After all, ore wa tensai! You like it, na? Nyahahahahaha.”

The blue-eyed fox stared at him coldly before sliding his leg in between Hanamichi’s parted legs and after mustering his strength, kicked *upwards*.
Hanamichi crumpled on the ground, tears streaming down his face while Rukawa got up gingerly.
“Red, number 4, 3 points,” he said, eyes glinting with malice. Ayako and the Gundan stared, wondering whether to feel amused or pity poor Hanamichi.
He started walking away, still annoyed as hell.

“Matte…kitsune…” Hanamichi slowly got up, trembling but with an intense desire to stop Rukawa from walking away. “Where are you going?”
“Home,” he simply said, not stopping in his tracks.
The red-head jogged up to him with slight difficulty. “How? We’re in Okinawa.”
Rukawa stopped, eyes closed, vein visibly popping on his temple. “Then I guess I’ll swim home.” He took a deep breath and resumed walking.
“Kaede, wait! Kaede, please!” He felt Hanamichi’s hand on his shoulder. “Kaede, you may hate after this, but for now please listen to me…please…”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I never begged for anything in my life before. I was a proud man. I’d have sooner beat somebody senseless to get something than to beg for anything at all. But at that moment, I would have fallen on my knees if that would get Kaede to listen to me – anything to get him back. And at that time and at that place, everything became clear to me. The vague and unidentified feelings suddenly took form. I love him. No, more than that, I am IN LOVE with him.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*< br>
Sighing impatiently, though stopping as he was begged to, he furrowed his brows and asked, “What?”

“I’m sorry.”
“You should be,” he snorted, “I’ve been gagged long enough.”
“No, I mean yes….this,” Hanamichi waved his hand dismissingly, “and for everything else too.”
The shorter man arched his brows and now showed more interest in what he was going to say.
“I’ve only just realized how much I’ve been forsaking you – and I’m sorry. When you left for Tokyo, I knew if I didn’t do anything, that you’d never come back to me. And just the thought of being without you is enough to kill me...” The red-head trailed off, looking into his lover’s deep blue eyes. “I know I haven’t been able to meet you half-way. You’ve always been one-step ahead when it comes to us...and with anything else actually, even basketball...but...if you stay with me, I’ll catch up to you in due time. I’ll definitely catch up. So...” he took the pale boy’s hand in his own, squeezing it tightly but lovingly, “...stay...please.”
Rukawa Kaede smirked widely. “You cheesy ass,” he uttered, his voice low and devoid of its usual venomous hint.
Hanamichi grinned and pulled him back towards the others. “Hey Kaede…”
“Hn?” he turned towards the red-head as they walked back lazily, hand-in-hand.
“I love you,” he said, claiming Kaede’s half-opened mouth in a sweet passionate kiss.

And in the distance, Ayako beamed and inserted a CD in the player.

shalalala suteki ni KISS shalalala sugao ni KISS
shalalala suteki ni KISS shalalala sugao ni KISS

ashita wa tokubetsu SPECIAL DAY
ichinen ichido no CHANCE
OH DARLING (duwa duwa) OH DARLING I LOVE YOU! (duwa duwa)
dare mo ga ukarete CARNIVAL
kareshi no HEART wo itomete
OH BABY (duwa duwa) OH BABY LOVE ME DO!
amai amai koi no CHOCOLATE
anata ni agete mite mo metachi wa shinai kara
watashi chotto saigo no shudan de kimechau
VALENTINE DAY KISS VALENTINE DAY KISS
VALENTINE DAY KISS RIBBON wo kakete
shalalala suteki ni KISS shalala suteki ni...


Mission baka one plus baka two complete.

*OWARI*

A/N: My first fic in years. HAHA! I know it’s only a gag, but it’s a start ne? I started writing this fic to be made into an original dj in my RuHanaRu ML (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RukawaLoveHanamichi/). Please do join us! Honestly, I think the SD yaoi fandom is beginning to get a little sad. RuHana day passed and all, but only a few people remembered. Oh yeah, Valentine Kiss is a Japanese song sung by….some Japanese girl. Actually, I forgot the original singer, but I do know it’s been rendered by Suwabe Junichi as the character of Atobe Keigo from Prince of Tennis, so I’m crediting it to him. XD Belated RuHana day, everyone! And Belated RuMitRu day too ^^ See you soon~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
OMAKE


They pulled away from their shared kiss, a little dazed. Rukawa’s ears suddenly perked up and his brows furrowed into another annoyed scowl.
“Kitsune?”
“What the hell is that horrible song?”
“Eh?” Hanamichi listened intently and sniggered. “It’s a Valentine song I found in my mother’s collection. Do you like it?”
“Only a do’ahou like you would like it.”
“Nani?! Temee kitsune…”

Rukawa took his hand back from the red-head and walked off ahead of him.
“Oi, kitsune!”
“What?” Rukawa turned his head back.
“Happy Valentine’s.” Hanamichi’s face broke into another grin.
Rukawa blinked and fell silent. “…That’s a month away, idiot.”
“Yes I know, but I figured from now on, I’m gonna be one step ahead of you instead, so I’m saying happy valentine’s one month before. Aren’t I smart?”
Rukawa snorted loudly. “I give up, I don’t even know why I’m with you.”
“NANIIIII? Oi, oiiii, Rukawa!” Hanamichi called out to him as he walked away. “What did you mean by that, temee kitsuneeee,” the red-head whined against Kaede’s retreating back.

ano hi kara yo koi no CHOCOLATE
gingami sotto hiraite kimochi wo tashikamete
dare mo minna suteki na ROMANCE shichau no
VALENTINE DAY KISS VALENTINE DAY KISS
VALENTINE DAY KISS koi no kinenbi

shalalala suteki ni KISS shalalala sugao ni KISS
shalalala suteki ni KISS shalalala sugao ni KISS


PS: Hanshin Kyojin is a Japanese comic duo. Hanshin means Halfling and Kyojin means giant. Very suitable for Miyagi and Mitsui don’t you think? Hanshin and Kyojin are also names of Japanese baseball teams. Akagezaru means red monkey – what Kiyota calls Hanamichi.

I uploaded Atobe Keigo’s version of Valentine Kiss here:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-10/480469/PoT-AtobeKeigo-ValentineKis s.mp3

It’s a little large, but it’s worth it, especially those who know who Atobe is but hasn’t heard this song yet. I’m telling you…it’s worth it.