Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ What's a chimera to do? ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's note: Wow, more updates! Perhaps I'll finish it this time. Sorry for the looong wait.
 
Chapter 6
 
“Zelgadis-san, what's the matter?” Amelia asked.
 
“Nothing.”
 
“But- But there has to be something…” There were tears in her voice. “I- I told you… how I feel… but,” she sniffed, “you won't even kiss me properly. Not since the night I told you.”
 
He looked at her ridiculous hair, her brimming blue eyes. “Amelia, don't you think that Lina might have something to say about this?”
 
“Well,” *sniff*, “maybe….”
 
“You know she might fireball me if she doesn't approve.”
 
Amelia's eyes grew wider and a surge of tears flowed down her cheeks as she grabbed him, “Nooooo, Zelgadis-san, I don't want you to diiiieee!”
 
He rolled his eyes skyward. Heaven help him.
 
 
************
 
 
“Amelia, Zel, I… I'm….,“ Lina blubbered, “I'm so HAPPY for you!”
 
Gourrey nodded. “Congrats,” he said, slapping him on the back.
 
Zelgadis felt abused.
 
What in the nine hells possessed Amelia to go and ask for Lina's approval the very next morning?
 
“OH! You two should get married at once!” Lina gushed.
 
“But there aren't any chapels around here, Lina,” Gourrey reminded her.
 
“Weeeell, in that case,” she thought out loud, “You two are in LOVE, skip to the honeymoon!” she cheered.
 
Zelgadis blanched, “Isn't that a bit sudden??”
 
“Nonsense! It's never too soon when love is involved!” Lina declared.
 
This from the girl who'd been in love with her blonde companion for YEARS, never realizing it fully. Or perhaps she just never fully admitted it?
 
She looked at them critically. “Well? Get a move on!”
 
Amelia took his hand and led him out of the campsite.
 
He followed blindly for many minutes, trying to think of something to say.
 
“Amelia, where are we going?”
 
“Somewhere private,” she answered coyly.
 
Zel turned a lovely shade of puce green. “M-Maybe we shouldn't.” Something unpleasant made him feel like he swallowed a rock. He was no prude, but it was only a few days since he ever even tried to think about having a relationship her. Wasn't that a bit fast for most people's standards? What was up with girls these days?
 
She huffed, “What's wrong now, Zelgadis-san?”
 
“I have a headache.”
 
“Oh, come on, boys don't get those kinds of headaches,” she said petulantly.
 
She looked around the area. There was a hollowed out rock face to the one side, moss growing in a carpet just before it, and a few trees blocking the direction of the campsite from view. Seemingly satisfied, started removing her shoes, gloves, and amulets.
 
Zelgadis didn't move. He was panicking.
 
“Amelia, I uh- don't think this is such a good idea,” he said, trying to keep the desperation out of his voice.
 
“And why not!” she pouted, dress sliding halfway down one shoulder.
 
“Because he isn't interested, obviously,” a new voice supplied.
 
“EEEK!” Amelia shrieked. “What are you DOING here, Xellos?” She hastily pulled her dress back over her shoulder.
 
“Providing a voice of reason,” he said simply. “Zelgadis-san has no wish to be with you like that, princess.”
 
They both looked at the priest.
 
“How would you know?” Amelia cried.
 
“Yeah, how would you- mmmph!!” Zelgadis found Xellos' mouth on his, providing an insistent response to his unfinished question.
 
Amelia stared, openmouthed.
 
Zelgadis was overwhelmed by the sudden intensity of the kiss. His eyes fluttered closed, and his knees began to buckle. His whole body flushed hot at the feel of the mazoku pressing against him.
 
Amelia turned and fled, bawling her eyes out.
 
Zelgadis pushed at Xellos, trying to break the sweet torture of his kiss.
 
“Xel-“ he got out. “Xellooooosss,” he groaned. Slitted violet eyes met his. He was drowning in them. “What- are you- trying to do?” he panted.
 
“Save you from Amelia?” the mazoku suggested huskily, running a hand up a leather clad thigh.
 
“But, she-“ Zelgadis found it hard to speak. His back was pressed up against something hard, and in front of him… “she's gone.”
 
“Is she?” Xellos started to nuzzle the smooth column of Zelgadis' neck. “How can you be sure?”
 
“She already- nnnnnnn,” he moaned. “Xeeeeellos, stop that!”
 
Xellos had him pinned against the rock. “How do I know you're not going to go running after her, hmm?” He slid a leg between Zelgadis'. He felt a rush of satisfaction when the chimera bit his lip to keep silent.
 
“ 's not- that,” Zel finally got out. His heart was pounding so hard, he thought his chest might explode.
 
“Oh? Then what is it?” The mazoku smiled indulgently.
 
“Just what- are you trying- to prove, Xellos?” he panted.
 
“Prove?”
 
Zelgadis regained some small measure of his composure now that Xellos was distracted.
 
“I understand that as one of the Monster race, you feel the need to harass, maim, and sew discontent… but why must you do it like this? I may not have ultimate bliss with Amelia, but I know she cares for me. But you want nothing more than to torment me…”
 
“Is that what you think this is?” Xellos breathed.
 
Zelgadis regarded him warily, still pinned beneath the mazoku. “Yes.”
 
“But you still want me, even if that was the case.” His eyes were like twin purple flames, threatening to consume him. “I can taste the desire on your tongue.”
 
“You bastard!” Zelgadis snarled, wiping away all of the expressiveness his face had shown but a moment before. He pushed hard against his captor, beating against his chest, trying to create enough leverage to break free. His arms were easily caught, and pinned against the hard rock to either side of him. “Let me up!” he demanded, trying to wrestle his wrists out of Xellos' firm grip. “I knew I never should have trusted you!” he growled.
 
Xellos looked at him in surprise. “When did you ever trust me?”
 
“It doesn't matter,” he snarled.
 
“WHEN?!” Xellos shook him.
 
“When- When I first told you about Amelia…” Zelgadis said reluctantly.
 
“What changed it?” Xellos' eyes were blazing.
 
Zelgadis was briefly mesmerized by the mazoku's eyes. “When you- kissed me.”
 
“When I kissed you?” Confusion clouded over his eyes. “Why would that…”
 
“Because you didn't mean it,” Zelgadis spat. “You couldn't have meant it. You were just playing with me-”
 
Xellos landed a blow across his cheek so hard his head whipped around. “You fool! I would never risk so much for something so trivial!” He looked wild, his power flaring underneath his iron fist of control.
 
Zelgadis was tense beneath him.
 
Xellos felt a tremor go through him. Oh, how he wanted to break that strong will! Mold that mind to his liking, and his body to his pleasure…
 
“I was being serious, that day,” he murmured. The chimera's proximity still made his head spin. How long could he stand this? His head dipped, tongue slipping out to taste the cerulean skin.
 
He dragged his eyes up slowly, taking in every feature of the half-breed, overwhelmed by the need to dominate him.
 
Pressing their bodies together once more, he nibbled Zel's delicately pointed ear.
 
Be mine,” he murmured huskily.