Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Can't Fight This Feelin' ❯ ..... ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

We see ISC typing on her computer. -.- Once again. Yami Bakura, Amy Rose, and Flare the echidna are watching her. YB annoyed as usual, Amy happy, Flare just bored.
 
Me: New story! Yes!
Flare: ……
 
Amy: What's it about this time, ISC?
 
Me: It's a one-shot romance fic with the song called `Can't Fight This Feelin'.
 
Flare: Who's the romance couple?
 
Me: You and Knux.
 
Flare: WHAT?!
 
YB: *falls over from shout* OW!!!
 
Amy: Come on, Flare! We all know you like him!
 
Flare: But he doesn't need to know! *blushes*
 
Me: Relax. It will be a good fic. You'll like it.
 
Disclaimer: *holds up sign that says, `I own nothing except this fic and Flare the echidna. So NO SUING!'*
 
Me: On with the show! Err… I mean story!
 
I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
I only wish I had the strength to let it show.
 
“Heh, you're gonna have to be faster than that to catch me!” 14-year-old Flare laughed as she ran. “Just you wait! I'll catch you!” Knuckles yelled. “I highly doubt it, Knux!” Flare ran behind the altar of the Master Emerald. Knuckles skidded to a halt, looking around, “Where'd she go?” “Gotcha!” Flare tackled her friend down. “Ack! That's not funny!” Knuckles yelped. Flare giggled, “I thought it was.” She said, jumping off her friend. “Hmph.” Knuckles turned away from her. Flare put a hand on his shoulder, “Aw… come on Knuckles, I was only kidding.”
 
I tell myself that I can't hold out forever.
I said there is no reason for my fear.
Cause I feel so secure when we're together.
You give my life direction,
You make everything so clear.
 
Before Flare knew it, she was pinned to the ground. “Psyche!” Knuckles laughed, “Did you really think I was mad?” Flare blushed, “Well, you seemed mad…” “Nah, I'd never be mad at you.” Knuckles smiled, then blushed. Flare smiled too. “In that case: Hiya!” she pushed Knuckles off her, jumped up and ran off again. “Hey! That's no fair!” Knuckles yelled, running after her. “All's fair in love and war!” Flare shouted, before she realized what she said, and stopped completely. Knuckles stopped next to her, “Did you just say, `All's fair in love and war'?” he asked, staring at her. Flare blushed then ran off on the verge of tears. “Flare! Wait!”
 
And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the window,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.
 
Flare stopped at the Master Sapphire's altar. She went to the top of the steps, sat down and began to cry. “I can't do this much longer…” she murmured. “I can't fight this feeling any longer. For 8 years I've kept the feeling down, but now it's roaring in my heart. I can't fight it anymore.” She sobbed, “But what if he rejects me?” “Then it's not meant to be.” Said a soft voice. Flare looked up to see the spirit of Nevaeh, the princess of the tribe, who now resided in the Master Sapphire. “Hello, Nevaeh.” Flare said. Nevaeh smiled, “Good day to you Flare. I can see you're getting close to tell him, right?” Flare nodded, “But I'm still afraid of rejection.” Neveah sighed and `sat' next to her friend, “You just have to try, Flare. Giving up is not an option.” Flare looked up at her, “You're right.”
 
And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.
 
Flare sighed and leaned on the steps watching the clouds pass by. “Flare!” Flare sat up, looking around, until she spotted Knuckles watching her. She blushed, “……..Hi.” Knuckles walked up to her and place his arms around her, “Is something wrong?” he asked, deeply concerned for his friend. Flare looked away from him, “…….” “Come on Flare, you can tell me.”
 
Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.
 
My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you.
I've been running around in circles in my mind.
And it always seems that I'm following you, girl,
Cause you take me to the places,
That alone I'd never find.
 
“I don't know how to start… Or where for that matter…” Flare laughed slightly. “Ok, I have this crush on someone but I don't know how to tell him, because I'm afraid of rejection. Yet, we've been friends, for all this time. I don't know what to do.” “Oh… That must be difficult.” Knuckles said, but Flare could tell that he seemed a little sad. `Why?' she wondered. “It is. I mean, I really like him, and he's everything a girl could want. But he's anti-social once in awhile. But that's ok.” Flare sighed.
 
And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the window,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.
 
“Who is he?” Knuckles asked. “Is he someone I know?” Flare smiled, “You could say that.” Flare looked at the sky. “um… Flare? There's something I need to tell you…” She looked at him, “What is it?” Knuckles blushed, which was very unlike him, “Ok, first I apologize in advance for this…” Before Flare could ask what he meant, he brought her close and kissed her. `?! Is this a dream?!' Flare thought, dazed. She was brought out of her thoughts when Knuckles broke the kiss. He looked away from her, “I-I'm sorry, Flare… I didn't mean to…” “Knuckles…” Flare said, softly. Knuckles turned to look at her, and Flare was shocked to see the one emotion she had never seen him express before: fear.
 
And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.
 
“Knuckles… Are you afraid? Of how I would react?” Flare asked, trying to get over her shock. Knuckles looked down, but nodded. “Well, this is my reaction.” She made him look up at her, and then… she kissed him. Knuckles, shocked, returned the kiss. Flare broke the kiss and smiled, “I love you Knuckles.” Knuckles smiled, “I love you too, Flare. Always have, always will.” The new couple smiled at each other and watched the final moments before the sun set.
 
Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crashing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
Me: *falls down* Done!
 
Amy: It's cute!
 
YB: ……
 
Flare: *blushing* ……
 
Me: You don't like it Flare?
 
Flare: I… I love it! It's so beautiful, it almost made me cry.
 
Me: Don't cry.
 
Everyone: R/R!