Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sunset on the Horizon ❯ Rosetta Sunset, International Hog of Mystery ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: This is my first ever Sonic fic. I'm not sure how this will turn out or even if it has a plot. But, eventually something is -bound- to happen. I'm not sure if I should end this as OC/Sonic or OC/OC, A/S. Most likely the second. Now, you'll find the info on the OC's in this gnifty disclaimer.

Disclaimer: I don't own Sonic the Hedgehog. I also don't own Alpha...or France. I do, however, own Rosetta and Elyzzabeth (she's called Lyzz in the story). My bro the Unknown Unown owns Alpha, but he's on the run from Eggman and Alpha's taken control of his fics.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sonic's head drooped onto his desk. Tails may have been his best friend, but as a teacher, he was just boring.

Sonic looked to his left at the new girl. Her name was Rosetta and she was a very pretty tan hedgehog.
She was sound asleep and lightly snoring.

Sonic heard a thud to his right. He looked over and chuckled. Alpha's chin had slipped out of his hand and his nose had slammed into his desk.

"Ow..."

This expression of pain caught Tails' attention.

"Alpha, please pay attention."

Alpha sighed, grabbed his books, and walked to the door.

Tails was confused. "Alpha, what are you doing?" he asked.

Alpha pointed up and. . . the bell rang.

The class rushed out of the room, except for Sonic who reached over and gently shook Rosetta.

Lyzz noticed that Rosetta was asleep. Well, she couldn't blame her.
Math was their last period and the most boring.

Lyzz had stayed behing to talk to Tails about a missed assignment, but for now, she could be used as an alarm clock.

She walked over to Rosetta and loudly said, "Yo, Rose! Class is over!"

Rosetta sat up, blushed, and carried her books out the door.

"Lyzz, here's the worksheet we did yesterday. Since you were absent, you have until next Tuesday to finish it." Tails gave the girl the paper and walked out the door with Sonic. Tails groaned.

"Hey, what's wrong lil' buddy?" Sonic asked, slightly concerned.

"If you were a math teacher you'd understand. Maybe you should try teaching all those teens how to find the cubed root of negative nine."

"Umm...maybe some other time. Do you seriously have to give that much homework?"

"Listen, Sonic. I would give less homework. I would also grow wings and be able to fly without my tails. The Board of Education forces me to give a lot of homework, and besides, you're in an advanced class. If the homework's that hard, drop down to the normal level."

"It's not that important." He put his hands behind his head and yawned greatly. "And it's not that the homework is hard, it's just that your class is so B-O-R-I-N-G. No offense or anything."

"None taken."

The conversation pretty much continued on like this until they got to the train station. Sonic had a study group he had to get to and the host actually lived in Station Square, so Tails took the train home alone. (A/N: I'm not sure if Sonic lives near the Mystic Ruins or in Station Square but his 'study group' is not essential to the plot. jus lettin ya know!)

Tails hopped on the train, same as every day.

He headed toward the back, same as every day.

But today his normal seat was taken.

By a female hedgehog with an outfit similar to Rouge's. The top was blue, however, and had spaghetti straps. The pants didn't fit quite so tight and were khaki. She didn't wear boots, but high-heeled blue sandals. Her tan quills were tinged with blue.

Tails wondered ~Why is she going to the Mystic Ruins?~

She appeared to be looking out the window, deep in thought and not really noticing the two-tailed fox staring at her.

He ducked into a seat the instant she looked up and the train began to move.

Rosetta merely turned back to the window and thought.
~It's been a long time since I've seen him. I wonder if he'll recognize me. He's been like a big brother to me, ever since I was abandoned. Now that I think about it, there's really no reason that I haven't visited him. I mean, I live near his 'island' and it wouldn't take me long to get there. I guess I've just been caught up in a lot of things. Like high school, and this whole thing with trying to find a real family...~

Her train of thought was interrupted by the train screeching to a halt.

"All passengers stopping at Mystic Ruins, the train has arrived at it's destination. Last stop, City Circle."
(I made that up)

She began to gather up her things and head toward the front. She knew Tails was watching her, so she had to lose him. She dropped her bookbag. It being unzipped, all of her books fell out. Tails didn't stop to help her because he didn't want her to know he had been spying on her.

She smiled. Everything went according to plan. No one else stopped to help her. She quickly gathered her books and hopped off the train.

Little did she know, Tails had hopped off and hidden behind a rock, waiting for her to get off. He watched as she got off the train and glanced both directions. She seemed to be standing perfectly still, but the wind started blowing and she just disappeared. That's when Tails realized. She had moved so fast that not even her image was able to keep up with her.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so it's pretty stupid so far, but it'll get better, I promise. Preview? Hmm...not this time. I need time to think of things. Ta!
















































^.^