Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Case of the Golden EMERALD ❯ Time Bomb ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a dark, harsh night in Station Square; which was pretty much like every night in the God-forsaken city. The unusual thing was that we were chasing a member of the Robotnic Gang. They had been inactive for years, but now I guess they were finally coming back with a vengeance. But before I get ahead of myself, maybe I should introduce myself. I'm Knuckles the Echidna, I belong to the greatest team of detectives in the whole city. I consider my self the brawn of the group. I don't meant to toot my own horn, but I've knocked down plenty of the giant-sized block heads of the Robotnic Gang. Don't believe me? Then you can go shove it! Anyways, back to the story.
Me and my partner, Sonic, were chasing a stupid low-ranked member of the R. Gang. He apparently had a bomb detonator and was heading for Station Square's City Hall. We were trying to catch the bastard before he could get within range of the bomb. My other partner, Tails, was on the radio.
"Try to shoot out his tires or something before he gets to City Hall, I don't want to pick up chunks of the mayor off of the sidewalk". Something about Tails is, he has a very dry sense of humor, which I guess is what you would expect from a genius. Most people call Tails the brains of the group. He always radios in and gives me and Sonic the 411 on anything and everything about a case. He can be very socially awkward though, he's not much of a people person.
Sonic took his gun and stuck his body out the window. He took three shots and completely missed the guys tires. Sonic never had very good aim, but I didn't hold that against him. If Tails is the brains and I'm the brawn, Sonic would be the backbone. He's not as strong as me or as smart as Tails, but he had a big heart and a passion for justice.
"Damn motorcycle, I can't hit it!"
"Sonic, don't rush into it, just carefully aim for the wheel!"
He shot once more, and to my surprise, he actually hit the tire! The motorcycle spun out of control and crashed into a ditch. I smashed on the brakes, and the car came to a screeching halt. Sonic got out of the car first.
"I'll run to city hall and try to find and deactivate the bomb, you can have fun beating the crap out of the dick in the ditch"
With that, he darted off towards city hall.
I got out of the car and went over to the ditch. I picked up the perpetrator by the neck and was about to punch him, but I notices something very peculiar... HE WAS A DAMN ROBOT!!!! The robot started to beep and twitch.
"Bomb detonation in two minutes..."
"W-what did you say?"
The robots chest opened up and there was a detonator timer.
"Bomb detonation in one minute and thirty seconds"
"Stop that!!" I yelled as I was beginning to lose my cool.
"OK Tails, I found the bomb... now how do I deactivate it?"
I got my radio out of my pocket, still holding the siezuring robot by the neck.
"Sonic, the bomb is set to go off in the next thirty seconds!"
"Aw crap, of course it is! Hurry up, Tails! which wire do I cut?!"
"I'm pretty sure you cut the blue one"
"Pretty sure?! I don't wanna blow up if your wrong!"
"JUST FREAKIN DO IT SONIC!!!" I screamed into the radio, almost breaking it with my grip.
The clock on the robot's chest was on its final three seconds. When the clock hit zero, I heard nothing but static on the other end.
"Sonic?"
No response.
"Sonic!"
Still no response.
"SONIC!!!!"


"Woo, that was close, I though I was gonna be a deep-fried hedgehog for a second, heh heh"
"Sonic, you are an idiot! I should come over there and kick your ass!"
"Sorry Knuckles! I thought it was funny"
"It wasn't! I thought you got yourself blown up!"
"I thought it was funny too"
"Shut up, Tails! It was not!"
"Whatever, Knuckles... you just need to lighten up. Enough of that, though. Well done, guys! Come back to the base so we can check the robot out.
"Cool, I'll meet you at the base, Knuckles!"
"So I have to be with this stupid robot all by myself"
"Yup, pretty much, see you in a few!"
"Great..."
"Bomb detonation failure..."
"Shut up!" I finally punched the robot in the face and its whole head came off.
"What did you do, Knuckles?" asked Tails in a very serious tone.
"Nothing, Tails" I said as I was trying to put its head back on.
"You broke it, didn't you?"
"No! I just dropped it an it got some kinks in it..."
"Sure, Knuckles, just bring it in so I can get a good look at it"
"OK, Tails, I'm coming"
I opened the door and through the robot and it's head in the back seat.
"I wounder why they sent a robot..." I thought to myself as I was driving down the street. It was peculiar that one of Eggman's robots was sent on a mission, they are normally his last line of defence. It was very odd that, after being dormant for years, that they would sent a freaking robot to do their dirty work. Just what were they planning? It gave me goosebumps just thinking about it.