Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Breaking Laws For Love ❯ Breaking Laws For Love ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

**DISCLAIMER**
 
I do not own the Sonic characters... unfortunately. If I did, then we'd be seeing lovely yaoi and yuri everywhere. But mostly yaoi. Sonic the Hedgehog and all characters within the Sonic market are © SEGA/Sonic Team.
 
**********
 
A light buzzing of wings was heard, Espio giving a slight grin.

"Charmy's back..."

Indeed, the honey bee had returned from his adventure in the flower patch. As Charmy entered the agency, Espio fought back a blush as the honey bee flew towards him and wrapped his arms around the chameleon.

"Hiiiiii, Espy!~"

Espio couldn't help but give a soft sigh. Charmy was so innocent, carefree, and loving. No matter who it was, Charmy would often greet them with a friendly hug.

"How are you, Espy? Did you miss me? Huh? Huh? HUH?!"

The chameleon was unable to stop himself from placing his own arms around the little bee's body, returning the hug.

"Yeah, young one. I missed you a lot."

Espio wasn't lying when he said he missed Charmy a lot. Deep down inside, he knew why. He knew that although it was forbidden by his people, he had fallen in love with the hyperactive little bee. It didn't help when Charmy was so affectionate, caring and kind.

'Oh, little one. Why do you plague my heart so?'

Espio's heart melted when Charmy gave his usual giggle.

"I missed you too Espy! Lots and lots and LOTS!~"

The little honey bee nuzzled his face into the chameleon's chest, bringing a deep blush to the ninja's face.

'You have no idea how much I want to show you how I feel, Charmy. You are indeed worthy of such a name, as you have charmed my heart and soul.'

Espio closed his eyes, basking in the feeling of having his secret crush nuzzling him so tenderly. His eyes shot open when he heard Vector clearing his throat.

"Ah, Charmy's back. I see he's giving you your usual affectionate greeting."

Charmy instantly stopped nuzzling Espio, buzzing over to Vector and beginning to hug and nuzzle him.

"Veccy! Did you miss me? Huh? Huh? HUH?!"

Vector chuckled and hugged the bee back.

"Yes, I missed you, Charmy! I missed you heaps."

As Charmy giggled and continued to nuzzle Vector, Espio felt a stab of jealousy.

'Charmy... why must you be as affectionate with others as you are with me?'

Charmy stopped nuzzling Vector and flew into his room, giving both of his friends a happy wave. Espio tried to hide a blush, but Vector easily detected it. He waited until Charmy had gone, before approaching the chameleon.

"We need to talk, Espio."

-----

The chameleon blinked in confusion.

"About what, boss?"

Vector grinned widely, exposing his teeth.

"About Charmy."

Espio gulped, making the crocodile chuckle.

"What's the matter pal? Got something to hide, have you?"

The violet reptile blushed, shying away.

"It... it's nothing, Vector."

Vector took another step towards his chameleon friend.

"Oh, I think it's something... something big... and something to do with our little six-year old buddy, am I right?"

Espio's eyes widened.

"W-what about him?"

Vector's eyes gleamed, making Espio shiver.

"I can tell... I've seen how you react when he shows affection. You become distant and faraway. You only see him... and yourself."

Placing a hand on the chameleon's shoulder, Vector grinned wider.

"What I'm saying is, you love him, don't you?"

Espio almost fell over, his knees weakening. Unable to speak for the moment, he settled on sheepishly nodding his head. Vector gave a small sigh.

"I was afraid so. You see, there's a problem."

The chameleon's heart began to pound in fear.

"You... love him too?"

Vector blinked several times in surprise, before laughing in amusement.

"No... no... I'm happily in love with Knuckles. But your problem is... just being in love is breaking the taboo set by your people... especially when the one you love is a boy. What are you going to do about that?"

Espio's heartbeat slowed, now knowing that he wasn't in for some competition. Vector was just concerned about the laws set by the chameleon tribe. However, that didn't matter to the violet reptile.

"I don't know. I love him and that's that. If I die, so be it."

-----

Vector blinked, giving a slight smile.

"Well, you're brave. Good luck, my friend."

The crocodile left the agency, leaving Espio to ponder his fate with his people. Not long was given though, as Charmy slowly walked into the room. Noticing that Espio was obviously troubled, the honey bee walked over to him and took his hand, nuzzling gently into the chameleon's abdomen.

"Are you okay, Espy?"

The chameleon blushed and placed a hand on the back of Charmy's head, gently caressing the bee.

"Well, I may be executed by my people..."

Charmy tightened his hold on Espio, seeming to whimper.

"They can't do that! Why would they want to execute you?"

Espio closed his eyes, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Because... I broke one of the laws. I fell in love with someone outside the tribe."

Charmy began to sob, much to the surprise of Espio. The honey bee's grip of Espio tightened.

"No! I don't care what they think! You should be allowed to love anyone you want!"

Espio smiled, more tears falling.

"Well, the one I love is someone I know very well. Someone kind, caring and affectionate. Someone... named Charmy..."

The honey bee moved his face from Espio's abdomen to look up at the chameleon. His eyes were teary, but his cheeks tinted a soft shade of red.

"You love me?"

Espio nodded, his own cheeks tinted red. His own eyes were still moist from his tears.

"I love you, Charmy."

The honey bee began to hover in the air, his face level with Espio's. Espio leaned forward and pressed their lips together, joining them in a tender, loving kiss. His wings slowly buzzing, Charmy broke the kiss to wrap his arms around the chameleon's neck. Espio placed his own arms around the bee's small frame.

"For such a long time, I was afraid to tell you how I felt. There's the whole taboo thing, as well as not knowing if you'd ever hate me."

Charmy shook his head slowly, a wide smile on his face.

"I could never hate you, Espy. Never, never, NEVER!~"

The cute little honey bee returned the kiss that Espio had given him just moments ago. Unaware to the two lovers, two pairs of eyes were peering into the room. Vector and Knuckles grinned at each other and left Espio and Charmy alone to be together.