Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Power Trip ❯ Chaos Overload ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Chaos Overload

A slight ruffle in the wind of the very outskirt of City Hall crackled loudly as blinding greenish energy emerged out the clearing. Out the radiance materialized a white and purple hedgehog, who clutched the furry white one with bewilderment. After several seconds, the white hedgehog heaved wearily as he released his hold on the female hedgehog, which caused her to stumble backwards. He then leaned back against the nearby wall for support.

"Wha - what just happened?" the female hedgehog slurred out as she shifted towards the exhausted male one.

Unfortunately, the white hedgehog did not seem to acknowledge the inquiry as he seemed lost in his own world. As the purple hedgy took a closer look, she saw that whatever agony he felt earlier had returned and from the looks of it, it was much worse than before. As she proceeded to come closer to him, his furry ears seemed to have heard her foot movements as they jerked wildly.

"D - don't come any closer…" The pained hedgehog uttered.

"What's wrong with you! How did we end up back outside of the city!" She asked with concerned which then changed to confusion followed by annoyance as she realized that she would have to troop it back into the darn city and continue her search for the blue blur from the beginning.

"Sorry for saving you from getting torn apart by bullets…" It seemed that the agony the male hedgehog was in didn't kill his sarcasm at all.

"Oh hehe…ummm thanks for saving me…" The purple hedgehog mumbled quietly as she blushed with embarrassment from her outburst.

The white hedgehog just grunted which appeared to be his way of acknowledging her gratitude.

"Now go before the police finds out where we are." With that said, he raised himself off the wall, which he had been slouched against, and proceeded to stagger to the streets nearby with the silver gem gripped tightly.

"Wait! Why are the police after you?" The purple hedgehog all but shouted as she trailed behind the white one.

"That - that's none of your concern…" The staggering hedgehog replied with strain evident in his tone as he continued his way from the city.

"Gosh how rude!" She huffed out with her hands on her hips firmly. "Could the knight in shining armor at least give me his name before he leaves?"

At first it appeared that he wasn't going to respond back, "Wes…and yours?"

"Angelica but I prefer Angel"

Wes turned around and smiled weakly. "Nice to meet you Angel"

Angelica blushed a nice shade of red. The way her name rolled off his tongue had made it sound more like he complimented her rather than simply say her name. Or at least she liked to believe so.

As she was about to respond, the sound of police sirens in the distance cut her off. The white hedgehog, now known as Wes, snared with disgust as he braced himself for what was going to take place next. The darn police had been following him for quite some time now. He had no choice but to take them all out didn't he? He needed this gem that he had stolen from the local bank in City Hall. The previous gem that resided in his pant pocket was completely juiced out and he needed another gem like the other to control his ever fluctuating energy that caused him the throbbing headache he was experiencing. He wasn't at all pleased that he stole from the bank but this gem - it called to him didn't it? It had the exact same energy that the other one had before it ran out. He wondered how many of these gems exist.

The police cars finally emerged in to view as they drifted sideways to a screeching halt in front of Wes and the now trembling purple hedgehog. 'This is sooo not my day' She thought.

"The both of you freeze and put your hands up in the air!" Hollered one of the armed officers through a megaphone.

Angelica instantly complied with frighten eyes, but Wes however, stood his ground and waited eagerly for their next movements.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

At the moment, our speedy young hero was rushing to the crime scene. Everything he passed was nothing more than a mere blur in his eyes. The police officer who issued the help call hadn't said much since he himself seemed to be in a hurry. He just stated that a young white male hedgehog had stolen the silver chaos emerald out of one of the local banks. That sounded simple enough to the blue hedgehog. Stolen goods from a bank was a common occurrence in City Hall. He just wondered why… in the morning. Bank robberies usually occur at night, well at least in City Hall they do. Whatever the reason was, he was going to put a stop to it like he always did.

As Sonic approached the city, a thought crossed his mind. A thought that had continuously been nagging him since the second he woke up this morning.

How was Amy doing?

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

To be bluntly honest, he was in no shape or form to take on the police force head on. Running was no longer an option since they seemed to always be able to track him down in a matter of minutes. Maybe they have some kind of sensor that could detect where these gems are located. Wes took a quick glance at the purple hedgehog he had just been introduced to mere seconds ago. She looked terrified. It was unfortunate that she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If only she had listened to the instant he told her to leave, then maybe she would not have became involved in this dilemma. He quickly recapped the event before he was in the current one and silently cursed. If only he had saved his vanishing trick until now, then he could have high tailed it out of here. He wasn't just going to leave the female hedgehog to be gunned down by these reckless officers. 'Pfft! Look who's talking!' a voice in his mind scolded him.

One of the officer's moved towards the weary hedgehog at a snail's pace, as if he were a wild animal on the loose. Well, he kind of was wasn't he?

"Put the chaos emerald on the ground, slowly, and make your way over there!" He demand as he pointed to his fellow team mates with his handgun.

'So that's what those gems are called huh. Chaos emeralds," Wes thought with surprise as he then slowly nodded and began to do what he was told. As he placed the silver emerald on the concrete streets below, he took a rapid glance at the now approaching officer. As soon as he was within distance, Wes began his assault.

With elegancy, he sweep kicked the officer nearby, making him wail his hands in the air because of the lost of balance. When the assaulted officer crumpled to the ground, his team mates opened fire at the white hedgehog. To their astonishment, the white hedgehog avoided all the shots fired with swift movements. Unfortunate for the white hog, god certainly wasn't on his side because the ever throbbing headache suddenly hit him on full force. This caused him to awkwardly stumble backwards and proceed to land on his hands and knees. This was shortly followed by one of the officers incoming bullets to slickly burn a hole through his afloat yellow scarf around his neck.

"Damn it… the pain… it's beginning to become unbearable." Wes gasped out as he griped his head as the pain increased stronger and stronger. This left the officers to wonder what was wrong with the white hedgehog but still kept their guns aimed and loaded.

Angelica looked at Wes with concern but that soon turned to a look of awe. Wes was - beginning to shimmer a bright color of green. It was faint at first, but it was increasing…but also reducing at the same time? how was that possible?

"Get - get away from me! All of you!" The white hedgehog growled out as he stood up with his right hand tightly grasping his head. As the pain intensified even more, if that was even possible at this point, he backed away from the wide eyed purple hedgehog and the fallen officer, who hastily sat up and rushed towards his team. As a rather quick rise of pressure shot through his head, his left hand hurried dropped the silver gem on the concrete below and joined his right hand in an attempt to reduce the strain.

At this point, his entire figure was illuminated in a clear greenish energy that let small burst of power out every so often.

As the white hedgehog let out a loud painful scream, everything went blank in Angelica's violet eyes.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

"Whoa! What was that?"

Sonic had just landed on a nearby building as he felt a sudden increase of chaos energy around the area. 'and it's sky rocketing even higher!' he thought with astonishment.

Now Sonic was no expert when it came to chaos energy readings, that was Tails' line of work. But he did use it more often than others and understood that the way the energy was currently rising - was not normal at all. Heck, it had him feeling strange. It was as if the chaos power was beckoning him to locate it. As Sonic stared at both his now trembling hands, he noticed that his palms were now crackling with chaos energy.

Sonic suddenly got a bad dreadful feeling that chilled down his very spine. He felt that if he didn't act at this instant, all hell was going to break loose.

So he did the first thing his conflicted mind thought of.

He hollered out Chaos Control and vanished out of sight. Probably what was the most out of place thing with this action was the fact that our blue hero did not carry a chaos emerald.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

As the blue hedgehog emerged just mere feet from the dazed purple hedgehog, who had fell flat on her butt when Wes had burst with a blinding green light, he checked his surroundings.

As Sonic was going to check on the stunned purple hedgehog, his body suddenly spiked with pain, making him wince with half lidded eyes. As the pain reduced after a few seconds, he proceeded to gaze at the scene before him. Some feet away, a white hedgehog was consistently engulfed in chaos energy. Every time the other hedgehog burst with energy, our hero cringed in pain.

"Hey!"Sonic hollered out through the crackling wind and sound, to gain the white hedgehog's attention. "What do you think you're doing!"

This seemed to catch the white hedgehog's attention because he glanced towards the blue hedgehog. However, what Sonic saw before him, was certainly not what he expected his eyes to look like. His sclera, which was the only visible part of his eyes, was covered completely in a bizarre looking greenish-yellow color.

"Everyone must fall back…NOW!" exclaimed Wes as the very sound of his voice appeared to add more full to the fluctuating chaos energy.

As the police officer high tailed it behind their vehicles, fearing for their lives, Sonic nodded with acknowledgment. This hedgehog - he didn't seem like he could control what was about to occur next did he? Sonic wasn't going to just stand still and watch the events in front of him unfold so he glanced back at the purple hedgehog, who was huddled on the ground shivering from fear.

Before Sonic could take action, the white hedgehog finally couldn't take the building up pressure any longer and let the chaos power all loose with a massive ear shattering explosion.

Needless to say, Sonic had never felt such overflowing power in his life.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

While intensively watching the news unfold the current events, Tails, who had a certain bunny clutched tightly at his side, suddenly hissed in pain as the chaos energy reader in his hand burst with a loud shattering sound and hit the living room rug with a soft thud.

"Whoa!" The teenage fox cried out.

"What just happened?" the slightly frighten rabbit asked with surprise as she stared at the now broking chaos reader.

"Whatever let loose that ridiculously large amount of chaos energy, overloaded my reader!"

"Do you - do you think it came from Sonic?" The rabbit asked as she shifted her gaze to the fox.

Tails instantly shook his head. "No, Sonic knows how to control himself when it comes to chaos energy…"

"But didn't you say that Sonic absorbed the - "

"Pfft! There is no way I miscalculated that bad!" The fox cut in.

Cream sighed with disapproval. As long as she has known the fox, she had come to realize that he refused to admit that he was wrong in anything… when it came to her at least. He did not seem to have any problem admitting when he was wrong to Sonic, heck with anyone else for the matter. While she understood that in this case he is usually not wrong, she could not help but think back at the times he argued with her over something that he was obvious wrong on. 'Stupid fox and his thick head…'

Tails turned around and began to stride towards his lab.

"Wait! Where are you going mister!" Cream cried out as she trailed behind the fox.

"To my lab to grab a few things and a surprise that I was going to save until later since it isn't completely finish yet. But it looks like we are going to need it now." Tails replied as he and his girlfriend entered his lab in the basement.

As Tails grabbed the orange backpack that hung on the nearby coat hanger, he started to pack in what he called the "essentials" which consisted a First Aid Kit and a more advanced version of the chaos reader, which also worked as a chaos emerald locator among other things.

"Grab one of those jackets nearby. I heard it is a bit chilly in the city… especially while we're in the air." Tails said as he slung the backpack onto his back and hurriedly walked to his left which lead to a wide area.

"Wait! Do you want me to grab a jacket for you?" Cream shouted as she slipped on a red and white jacket and began to unhook one for her boyfriend. But suddenly, she stopped in mid action. "Did you just said 'in the air?' Wha - "

"Ugh! You ask to many question! The heck with my jacket, I don't need one, and get your butt over here before I leave without you!" The fox yelled out as he pressed a switch, which was located between his lab and the wide area.

"Tails? Where are you?" Cream asked as she saw her fox disappear in the darkness that never seemed to end. "Tails - ahhhh!" the rabbit shrieked as a loud sound of a engine roared to life, followed by the lights in the opening.

Cream's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates as she saw that the wide opening was in fact a garage. In the garage, there stood her two tailed fox on a rather large complex looking plane. The plane was simply amazing! It resembled that of Tails' older plane model, the Tornado 2, while it was in its transformed airborne state when Sonic and Tails chased the Egg Carrier the last time around. But the difference was that for one, it was definitely bigger than the previously stated plane. It could most likely fit five or more individuals on the back. Also, right between the two sets of the scissor spread wings, resided a middle wing on each side. The plane was painted exactly like his first Tornado, orange and yellow with a hint of white. Lastly of course, the fox never forgot to put his trademark sign which consisted of two painted fox tails. It was stylishly located on the long tail of the plane.

"Cream." Tails began to capture his rabbit's attention. "You should be honored to be the very first to see the revealing of the Tornado TX 3!" He finished with a broad smile. He was originally going to unveil it to Sonic first as a surprise but he felt like he should use it now. The Tornado 2 was extremely out dated so he doubted that it would be wise to use such an old plane that probably would break down the minute he left the run way.

"Oh my god!" Cream gushed out as she walked in front of the huge plane. " It's beautiful!"

Tails snorted at the compliment that the rabbit gave his creation. " Baby it's not beautiful!"

Cream giggled in return as she raised her hands towards Tails so he could help her in the plane. "Then what is it?"

Tails settled the rabbit in the back of the plane before replying. "I prefer sexy baby sexy."

This caused the peach colored rabbit to erupt in giggles yet again.

X-X-X-x-x-x-x-X-X-X

White. All white.

That's the first thing Sonic saw as he opened his eyes and looked off in the distances with a disorientated expression. As soon as he came back to reality, he noticed a few things. First, the police officers were all sprawled on the ground unconscious. Second, their vehicles where all over the place. Some were impacted into buildings while others where just flipped upside down as gasoline began to leak out, covering the ground with a dark greenish looking substance. Thirdly and most important, the hedgehog who had caused such destruction was nowhere to be seen.

Sonic sighed with disappointment. Now he would not get the answers he was looking for. As an image of an nameless purple hedgehog took shape in his conflicted mind, he turned around to see if she was still in one piece.

Seemed that she was just fine seeing as how she is currently staring at him with a look of perplexity. "Are you alright?" He asked.

The purple hedgehog seeing that the other was staring back at her with a similar face, blinked before asking a question of her own after answering his. "Yeah I'm fine but…umm, sorry if you don't mind me asking but who are you?"

Sonic blinked back at her before finally understanding her question. Why did he feel so out of place? Now that he thought of it more clearly, why did he feel like he had so much energy that he felt that he could run for days without stop?

He shook those thoughts away as soon as they came and responded with a genuine smile in place and a thumbs up, "Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

Instead of the usual star struck recognition he receiving upon telling others who he was, he just received an even more baffled façade.

"But I always thought Sonic was a blue hedgehog, not yellowish-gold. Are you going through a phase or something?"

"Huh?" Sonic tilted his head in confusion. Yellowish-gold? That describes the color of his fur when he transforms into Super Sonic. But surely he wasn't transformed because he did not feel the rush of the chaos energy running through his vein, the feeling the he could do anything.

He looked down at his furry body to prove he was still his old blue self but froze upon seeing that the purple hedgehog was indeed telling the truth.

He was yellowish-gold.

To Be Continued...