Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter6-Practice makes Perfect ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6-Practice makes Perfect-*Kimiko*
Midnight and Shadow both disappeared and then Jack left with the cyclops and Chase Young.
“Score one for the guy with all the make-up.” Said Raimundo. Knuckles passed out and Artemis glanced at him. All of us had at least maybe… fifty scares each. Dojo grew and all of us filed on, exept for Knuckles that is. Clay carried him on.
“Oh man. My arms kill.” I said.
“Tell me about it. Even my wings hurt.”Complained Chuko.
“How do you kill a tiger?” Asked Raimundo.
“Now if that ain't the stupidest question ever asked I don't know what is.” Said Clay whacking Raimundo across the head.
“Yes. Usually it is Clay who asks the stupid questions.” Said Omi.
“Hey!” Started Clay. I stood up and stepped between them.
“Come on. We don't need this right now. Besides, Artemis has that singing contest next week.”
“True, very true.” Agreed Artemis, looking over Knuckles wounds. “I mean that girl Elena seems a bit weird doesn't she? Not many people ask to help you like THAT. Not much these days anyway.”
Dojo nodded.
“I want you guys to keep an eye on her. And once we get back to the Temple you really need to think over a game plan.” He said.
“A game plan for what?” I asked.
“For the next time you see her, that's what. And also when you see Midnight again, try to take off her mask. When Jack tried to do that to her she flipped. Didn't you notice?” He said.
“Yes, I noticed anyway.” Said Omi, smiling.
“Sure you did Omi.” I said, looking out over the desert. It was so vast and it had the most brilliant color to it. “If only Angel were here. I bet she could draw this.”
“Hey Kimiko, are you alright?” Asked Artemis putting a hand on my shoulder.
“Yea, I'm fine. But one thing's for sure, Jack won't go for long without using his new abilities. I mean Chase Young's power and his stupidity, what a scary combonation.” I answered.
“Got that right.” Agreed Clay.
Until we got back to the Temple, the main conversation was: How do we get Midnight's Mask of?
Dojo landed and I immediantly went to my room to surf the net. Midnight looked like Katnappe', so, if Katnappe' wason the net a while ago then she probably is now. I set up the laptop and started typing. First I went to Ask.com, and it didn't give my any info on her. Just a book called `Midnight'. (Erin Hunter. Warriors. GREAT SERIES! I LOVE THEM! Please give them a try.) I sighed and sat back no luck anywhere.
“Hey. Kimiko? It's me Artemis. Can I come in?” Asked a voice at the door.
“Sure.” Slowly the door pushed open and Artemis slipped in. She sat next to me.
“Dinner's ready. You need to eat something Kimiko. I mean you haven't eaten in three days straight.”
“I'm fine Artemis. I swear it. I just want to find out more on Midnight that's all.”
“Then at least have this.” Said Artemis drawing out a small steaming mug. I smiled and took it from her.
“Thanks. But just wondering. Where d'you get the chocolate?”
“WHO TOOK MY CHOCOLATE?!” Yelled a voice down the hall. It was Clay.
“Ah.” I said. Artemis shrugged and I took a sip. “It's delicious. Thanks Artemis.”
“No prob.” She said standing up. “And once you're done can you help me practice for the song next week? For now you can be Meg.”
“Sure. Just let me close up shop. I'll meet you and Chuko outside in a few. Okay?” She nodded and walked out the door. Carefully I stood up and walked over to Artemis' stuff. “It has to be in here somewhere.”I thought going through her bookbag. “Laptop. No. Pencil box. No. Here it is! Angel's sketchbook.” I settled back down again and flipped through the pages. Each stroke looked very distinct and precise. I sighed as I looked at the picture of Raimundo. On the corner of the page there was a tear drop. “Poor girl. She probably was in so many worlds she didn't have time for a relationship. But now she might be able to, with Riku…” I closed it and stood up. I chugged down the rest of the hot chocolate, and put in the sink on the way out of the Temple.
Artemis and Chuko was already waiting for me.
“Hi Kimi!” said Chuko flying up and hugging me.
“'Sup Chuk?” I asked.
“CHUKO!” Shouted a high-pitched voice.
“AYONI!” Replie Chuko in the same manner. The two fairies embraced and Shadow walked by.
“So what's the scoop?” Asked Artemis.
“Jack's at Chase Young's place. He might come here later.”
“Great. Exactly what we need.” I complained.
“What is exactly what we need?” Asked a voice.
“Jack got Chase Young's powers, Master Fung.” I explained.
“Mmm. I see. Well we'll have to stay alert then. Shadow, Ayoni, would the two of you care to join me? I was going to,see Angel.”
“I'll come.” Replied the black and maroon hedgehog.
“I'll stay here.” Said Ayoni. Shadow walked up to her.
“Any funny buisness and the girls will tell me. Got it?”
“Got it.” Said Ayoni cheerfully as she made a peace sign. Then the two, almost anti-socialists walked off. “Phew. Glad he's gone.”Said Ayoni sitting down.
“Why?” asked Artemis.
“Yeah. You two are partners.” I added.
“I know. But he's still so uptight and secretive. That is the one thing I do not like about him.”
“Sorry about that.” Said Chuko putting an arm around her friend.
“It's okay! He's gone right now. So what are you guys gonna do?” Asked Ayoni, wings perking up.
“Umm. Well I was going to practice for a singing contest next week-“ started Artemis.
“Great! What are you singing?”
“I won't say I'm in love.”
“Why not?”
“Excuse me?”
“Why won't you say you're in love?”
“It's the title of the song I'm singing!”
“Oh… Well how can I help?”
“You can help by pressing the button when we need you to.” I said putting Angel's old laptop in front of her.
“How do you work this?” Asked Ayoni looking at the screen, key pad and back again.
“Don't worry. I'll help you.” Said Chuko. I walked over to Artemis, who was sitting down with her head in her hands.
“What's wrong?” I asked.
“I don't know. Something's just bugging me.” She answered.
“Raimundo?” I asked. Sowly Artemis nodded.
“I just can't get him out of my head Kimiko. I mean, all he talks about is Angel. What did she have that I don't?”
“That's a tought one right there. I'm not really sure, but once I find out I'll let you know. Okay?” She nodded. “Good. Now lets get to work. Practice makes perfect you know.”
“Oh don't I know it.” Said Artemis.
“Hey! You two ready?” Asked Ayoni. We both nodded. Then we played the song about twenty five times. (Dancing the night away and What is this feeling. CHELSEA. You do remember don't you?)
“Come on Artemis. I'm tired.” I whined.
“Oh fine.” She said turning off the computor. “Come on. Let's go inside and we'll get you and Ayoni something to eat.”
“That would be great!” Said Ayoni. “I haven't eaten in ages. Or in other words last week.”
“How do you go that long with out eating?” Asked Artemis.
“Fairies are just like that I guess.” Said Chuko. We walked into the kitchen and Artemis immediently went to work. She took out five Ramen packets and a large pot. We all sat around the table as Artemis turned on her Lime-wire on her laptop. Right now `Real Gone' (From CARS) was playing.
“This is awsome. Shadow NEVER listens to music at all.” Said Ayoni sitting back in the chair. Chuko was humming along to the misic.
“Why doesn't he listen to music?” Asked Artemis as she brought five bowls of steaming hot Ramen over to the table.
“Because we're almost always on some pointless mission and he considers it a huge waste of time.” She answered putting half of the Ramen in her bowl into her mouth.
Then I finally realized just how hungry I was. I started to put some into my mouth. HEAVEN, is the only word to descibe any type of food after you haven't eaten in a week. Exept for snails and frog legs…
“So what do we do about Elena? The boys are going to handle Midnight.” Said Chuko.
“Who's Elena?” asked Ayoni.
“A girl who helped me try out for the singing contest. Dojo thinks there's something either different or wrong with her.” Said Artemis.
“Well,” I said slurping up the rest of my noddles into my mouth. “We could ask her if she wanted to sleep over. She'd obviously bring her stuff with her, and when we have dinner we could give her a sleeping pill. So once she falls asleep…”
“We can go through her stuff!” Finished Chuko.
“Only one problem.” Said Artemis.
“That being? What?” I asked.
“What if she doesn't bring anything that settles Dojo's worries? Or Master Fung's for that matter.”
“Tiger Claws.” Said Chuko.
“What?” Asked Ayoni and Artemis in unison.
“Chuko means we could use the Golden tiger Claws to get to Elena's stuff in her room, then we could get a real look around.” I said, taking my dishes to the sink.
“Then lets run it by the boys and see what they say.” Said Artemis.
“Well what are we wasting time here for!? Lets go!” Said Ayoni and Chuko as they flew out of the room. Both Artemis and I looked at each other and ran after the pair of fairies.
But as we turned the corner to were the boys were, I heard Sora say something that would change the entire well-being of the Temple.
“Kiari! What are you doing here!?”
 
Hope you like the chapter. I'm going to RUSH through this story so I can get it finished before I start eight grade. PLEASE R&R!
-RCR