Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 26- Oh my ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 26-Oh my-*Ayoni*
“Clay?” I asked. I was lying in the crease on the top of his hat.
“Yeah Ayoni?” He said. He was wittling a type of bird.
“Do you think Shadow and Angel will ever come back?”
“I can't truthfully answer that. But I know each of them have a reason to.”
“Those reasons being… what?” I asked. I looked out over the courtyard to see the sun filling it up. Hardly a shadow in sight.
“You and Riku.”
“Those aren't exactly reasons Clay.” I said. I swung over the brim of his hat so my hair hung down and I was lying on my stomach, looking into his eyes.
“Of course they are. Shadow and you are partners. And Angel and Riku, well they're just really good friends.”
“Well weren't Riku and Kairi going out for a while?”
“Mm-hm. And I'm making this bird for her.” I opened my mouth into a wide smile.
“You like her, don't you?” I asked. Clay blushed in response. “I knew it!” I shouted. He grabbed my wings and held me in font of his face.
“But you can't go around telling people that okay? Or Rai'll never let me live it dowm.”
“Gotcha.” He let go.
I started whistling a bird call.
“What are you-,” Started Clay. He stopped short, for one golden finch flew down and landed next to me. And in front of Clay.
“Don't be afraid.” I whispered to it. I stepped forwards and held my hand out. “There's a good birdie. Now stay still, okay?” It nodded its head and just let me stroke it.
“Thanks Ayoni.” Said Clay. He started wittling again.
“You're welcome.” I answered.
A few minutes pasted when we heard, “Hey guys!” Yelled a voice. The bird got spooked and flew away.
“Who in tarnation-, Kairi!” Said Clay. He fumbled with the wooden bird in his hands and hid it behind his back. She walked up to us.
“Hi Clay. Ayoni. What're you doing?”
“Well, I was petting a bird, and Clay started to wittle it out of wood. Go ahead. Show her Clay.” I said. He sat there. “Clay. The bird.” I whispered harshly.
“Oh1 Yeah. The bird.” He said. He brought it in front of him, blushing all the while.
“Clay, it's so pretty!” Said Kairi as she held it in her hands. Most of it was done, only the really fine details were needed.
“It's, it's yours.” Said Clay.
“Really? I couldn't take something like this from you. You must've worked so hard to make it.”
“No!” I shouted. Both of them looked at me. “You can take it! Clay was making it for you anyway.” I blurted out. “He really likes you! But you just didn't notice it at all. I'm going to leave before Clay eats me!” I shouted, flying away as fast as I could. As I rounded the corner, I ran into Sora and Kimiko. They immediantly let go of each others hands. “Wow. Love is in the air already and it's hardly spring.” I said.
“Well we aren't exacticaly going out yet.” Said Sora.
“Yeah. We're just really good friends.” Said Kimiko.
“Really, really good friends by the look of it.” I added.
“Shut up Ayoni.” Said Sora. I flew close to his face.
“Why don't you make me.” I said, matter-of-factly. Faster than I could blink, he grabbed me around my body.
“Now what?” He asked. I looked over his shoulder.
“Look! It's Raimundo and Riku!” I said. “Help! Sora's resorting to cannibalism!” I screamed. Kimiko quickly put her finger over my mouth.
“What's going on down there? I thought I heard ayoni yelling.” Said Dojo as he stuck his head out from behind Riku's shirt collar.
“She's just being smart.” Said Sora as he let go.
“Yeah. Right.” Said Raimundo. I pouted and flew over him. “What are you-,” He started. I flapped my wings and fairy dust fell off, and onto Raimundo. I flew to his face.
“I'm being very smart. Come on everyone.” I said, motioning for them to follow me. They did, and Raimundo stayed where he was, frozen in place. One of the few perks of being a royal fairy.
Normal fairies, like Chuko, (Not saying she is normal) couldn't usually produce fairy dust. But the royal families could. I flapped my wings a few more times, and rested on Riku's head. Dojo's head was on his shoulder.
“You look like a walking petting zoo Riku.” Said Sora. Riku stopped, but Dojo and I ridgedly turned around.
“I'm not an animal.” I said.
“And I'm not either.” Said Dojo, with the same menace in his voice. I looked at him.
“Yes you are. You're a dragon.”
“Dragon's aren't animals.”
“Yes they are.”
“Where?”
“In my realm, dragons are often looked apon as animals.” I said. Riku resumed walking. As Dojo and I continued our conversation, I saw Knuckles and Artemis approaching us.
“Hey guys, I think a tiger's here, in the Temple.” Said Artemis.
“What do you mean?” Asked Kimiko.
“She means that she thinks she saw a tiger-like scratch on a wall in the courtyard.” Said Knuckles.
“But why would a tiger want to come here?” Asked Riku. A deep, throaty laugh came from a nearby tree.
“You should listen to her more.”
“Necren?” Asked Riku. I looked down at him. I was suddenly flung backwards off of his head. My wings started flying.
“Thanks.” I said.
“Where are you, you furry traitor?” Asked Riku.
“Well at least you remember my voice.” Said Necren, but now his voice came from another part of the courtyard. “But who's one to say that I'm furry?”
“Because you went back to Chase Yonug. You were always the one who wanted power. And the human just didn't provide enough for you. Am I right?” Asked Riku.
“And you were always observant. But can you guess why I'm here?” He asked, his voice in another part of the coutyard, very close by.
“I know.” Said Sora.
“Why then?”
“Because you want to get Angel, and take her back to Chase Young.”
“Good, you know, you from another world are very observent.”
“Is that an insult?” Asked Kimiko.
“Not really, it depends on how you look at it.”
“Well at least show yourself, and prove you aren't a coward!” Shouted Knuckles.
“Strong words for someone who usually lives underground.”
“Knuckles. It's not a good idea to antaginize him.” Said Riku.
“Is this a face who really looks like it cares?” Asked Knuckles. Riku stayed silent.
“Can you figure what the other piece of the puzzle is? Angel is a key role, but there's something else.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“The Xiaolin warriors might know if they studied the scroll. It's already in my master's posession. Now,” He said as he walked out of the shadows. “Where's Angel?” His pelt glowed in the sunlight, his peircing brown eyes burning a hole into ours.
“Sword of Thunderbolts!”
“Huh?” Asked Necren. A lighting rod exploded on his side, causing him to fly sideways, into a Temple wall. Omi landed with Chuko.
“Ice!” Shouted Sora, pointing the Keyblade at Necren. He was frozen over, in a crysalis of ice.
“Star Hanabi, Fire!” Shouted Kimiko. She threw the Shen Gon Wu at Necren. His eyes widened for he knew his time had come. The ice immediately melted, and the flame surrounded Necren's fur. He stood up and ran around the courtyard, fire still on him. Then he jumped over the wall and into the woods.
“Why'd you do that Omi?!” Asked Riku.
“Because he was going to hurt you.” Answered Omi.
“And where were you?” Asked Riku to Chuko.
“With Omi!” She shouted. “We were trying to save you.”
“Well we could've handled him. And besides, he was going to tell us ChaseYoung's plan.”
“No he wasn't.” I said. Everyone turned towards me. “He was about to rip us, limb from limb. Then he would rip out our intestines, and bring them back to Chase to show we were dead.”
“That's cheery.” Said Kimiko.
“Yeah isn't it?” I asked brightly.
“What's going on?” We all turned and saw Clay and Kairi running towards us.
“And why is Raimundo stuck like that?” Asked Kairi.
“Necren was here. For Angel.” Said Artemis. Silence followed. Everyone in their own individual thoughts.
“We need to find her.” Said Dojo. “If Necren came here to get Angel, Chase Young must already have what he wants.”
“But what would he want?” Asked Chuko.
“The Scroll!”I exclaimed. They all jumped.
“What about it?” Asked Raimundo as he walked grogily up to us.
“I thought he was frozen.” Said Chuko.
“Was. It wears off quickly. But back to the Scroll, he said that the Xiaolin warriors would know. So it must be a Shen Gon Wu that he has, or needs.”
“I have it right here.” Said Kimiko as she pulled out the Scroll.
“Lets split up. Half go with me, and half stay here with Kimiko.” Said Dojo.
“I'll stay.” Said Clay, Kairi and I at the same time.
“I'm going no matter what.” Said Riku.
“Me to.” Said Raimundo.
“Me three.” Said Artemis.
“I'll go with them.” Said Sora.
“Same here.” Said Chuko.
“Then I shall remain as well.” Said Omi, sukily. Chuko patted his shoulder.
“I'll be back. And you guys can always catch up to us when you figure it out.” Said Chuko. I nodded.
“You guys had better get going.” I said. Dojo hoped to the ground and grew. Everyone who was supposed to go filed on. I flew up to Dojo's face, and kissed him lightly on the nose. He blushed.
“What'd you do that for?” He asked.
“Well with Shadow gone, I can't take care of anyone. Also bacause I want you to be safe. Chase is a strategest, and he'll choose the plan that fits the situation best. So if something goes wrong he'll have something to fall back on.”
“We'll be safe Ayoni. Just contact us when you figure it out. Asked Master Fung for some help.”
“Okay.” I said.
“Ready guys?” He called to his passengers. They all nodded.
“Bye!” I shouted as Dojo flew away.
“Well we should get to work on this.” Said Kimiko.
“Somethin' tells me this ain't gonna be fun.” Said Clay as he looked at the scroll, wich looked so innocent.
“I think you're right.” Said Kimiko. She opened the scroll, and we began.
 
Okay, I know it doesn't make sense now, but thibgs will make sense. And I you watch the show frequently and havn't missed an episode, then you might have a guess as to what shen Gon Wu it is. It can cotroll something. And that's the only clue I'm gonna give you.
RCR