Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Return of an Angel ❯ Chapter 27- Phantom of the Mind ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter 27-Phantom of the Opera-*Jack*
(Okay, about the title, I got Phantom of the Opera for my birthday, and I swaer to god that's all I've really been listening ti since. Anyway…)
I sat in my swivel chair, and spun around for, no exageration, the hundreth time this morning. I stopped again and I saw Angel stir. Standing up I tried to brush out some of the wrinkles in my jacket. Not that there were many.
“What exacticaly are you trying to prove?” Asked Wuya.
“That I'm superior to her.” I answered. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. I looked back at Angel. She also shook her head, but only to get her hair out of her face. “Good morning.” I said. She stared back at me. Actualy, it was more or less away from me. “Nice to see you again to.” I said.
“Cut the theatrics and tell me what you want.” She said sharply.
“For your information, I don't really want much from you. Mostly your brother.” She sighed.
“I kind of figured that out a little while ago.” She said. My eyes drifted downwards towards her neck, and I spotted a necklace.
“Where'd you get that from?” I asked, pointing at it. “You didn't have it last night.” I reached for it, and she pushed off of the floor with her feet, crashing into a table behind her: plummeting to the floor in the process. I ran up to her, and picked up the chair she was on. She spit out a piece of hair that was on her mouth.
“Don't touch this necklace!” She yelled. I looked in her eyes and saw fury. So different from the peaceful bliss I saw in them before I took her last night.
“Sorry. I was just wondering where you got it from.” I said innocently.
“It' none of your buisness.” She said, stubbernly. I scowled, but returned my face to normal.
“Would you like some breakfast?”
She looked at me.
“Honestly, what do you think?” She asked. I could hear a small sound of hopefulness in her voice.
“I could give you some, but you have to give me a few things in return.” I said.
“Like, what?” She asked, looking me in the eye. Which was kind of creepy when you think about it. Emerald green cat eyes.
“Well, first off, you need to tell me why you left the Temple, if you're ever going back, if you'll consider going to your brother, and if you would like to sing some songs.”
“In order. I left because of what they did, and what I did to provoke them. I'm more than likely never going back. I will go to my brother. And yes, I would like to sing. But I can't do it when I'm tied up. My lungs need to use their full potential.”
“Fine.” I said, taking a knife fromt the table and cutting her loose. I had already ungagged her that morning. As the ropes fell around her feet, she stood up and stretched. Her hair had a blue tint to it because of the lighting around her.
Her overall effect was quite stunning. I snapped my fingers.
“Jackbots, get her some food.”
“Thank you.” She said. I stood up to my full height, and was only a few inches taller. She was in her bare feet as well. A few seconds passed and one of my robots came in with a steaming plate of three sunny side up eggs, some toast, and a glass of O.J. She chugged half ogf the glass down, and started putting the eggs on the oast, eating very calmly and slowly.
“So, can you answer me a few more questions?” I asked, sitting down. She nodded, still eating.
“Do you like Raimundo or Riku more?” I asked. She stopped eating and glanced at me.
“Some things are private.” She said. I guess my truth serum needed a few more test runs. Wuya floated u to her. “Don't even think about going in my head you old hag!” She shouted.
“I wasn't. But now that you mention it…” Started Wuya.
“As I said before, don't even think about it,” Said Angel, taking another bite out of the toast, finishing off two pieces. After she finished chewing she looked back at Wuya and finished her sentence. “Aunt Wuya.”
(It makes so mush sense it's not even funny! Kornta is Wuya's sister, so what would that make Wuya in relation to Angel?)
Wuya's face turned pale, and she slowly turned towards Angel.
“What did you just call me?” She asked slowly. Angel took another bite of toast.
“Aunt Wuya. Exacticaly what I ment to call you. Chase is your nephew.” She said. Again, Wuya's face was drained of any blood that had been there before. I looked at Wuya, my face to the point of laughter.
“Don't say a word boy. If you wish to keep your life.” I laughed. Angel continued eating, and when she was done eating, I was just finishing my laughing fit.
“Are you quite done?” Asked Angel. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. “Good. Now that I've answered your questions, I get to sing. Think of it as an added bonus.” She said as she stood up. I looked at her.
“Bonus to what?”
“A bonus to you capturing me.” She said with a smirk. She looked around. “Do you have any CD's?”
“No.” I answered. “But my mom has just about any DVD ever to come out, so if you put that in you can sing along.” I said. She shrugged.
“I'm not much up for sing-alongs, but okay. Can you show me where they are?”
“Come on.” I said as I walked up the steps to the top floor. Angel and Wuya followed. I walked into the living room and stood next to the two cabinets full of DVDs. “Well, this is it.” I said, patting the side. She stared at it.
“That was my reaction.” Said Wuya.
Angel walked over and her eyes scanned for a movie.
“There it is!” She said opening the cabinet.
“What is it?” I asked. She held up a disk.
“Phantom of the Opera.” She said. She lunged forwards and grabbed my throat. “Keep your hand at the level of your eyes.” She said as she let go. Then she hopped over to the couch and sat down, holding out the disk. “Well aren't you going to put it in?” She asked. I sighed and walked over, taking it from her as I did so. Her gaze followed me as I did, and when the Tv turned on, the lights' immediantly dimmed.
“I don't feel like going straight to the songs, so do you mind if we just watch the whole thing?” I asked as I sat down next to her.
“Sure. I havn't seen it in a long time anyway.” She said. The movie started, and she began to hum along with the melody, at any of the instrumental breaks. Then came the song, `Phantom of the Opera'. She stood up and motioned me to sing with her.
“I don't know the words.” I said. She picked up the remote, and silently put on subtitles.
“Now you can sing. Come on, it's supposed to be for two people.” She said. She also gave me a puppy dog pout.
“That's not fair.” I said. “…Oh fine, I'll do it.” I said, standing up. “Only this one song though.”
“Fine.” She said as she pressed play. The entrance music started, and on the screen, the Phantom was leading Christine down a candle-lit hallway. (Sorry I have so many ways of posting songs.)

(Song: Phantom of the Opera)


ANGEL
In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again for now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind

ME
Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me to glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your mind

ANGEL
Those who have seen your face
Draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear

ME
It's me they hear...


BOTH
Your/My spirit and my/your voice in one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my/your mind

BACKGROUND
He's there, the phantom of the opera!
ANGEL
He's there, the phantom of the opera

ME
Sing, my Angel of Music
Sing, my Angel
Sing for me
Sing, my Angel!
Sing for me!
 
As I was singing the end of this, Angel was doing a Sopranoe's warm up. (Singers I mean.) Both of us ended, I was gasping for breath because I hardly sing that often. Angel finished of on a strong note, her voice almost to the point of cracking the glass. She turned her head towards me and paused the movie, the last two verses shown.
“Look at what they say.” She said. Sing my Angel! Sing for me! No wonder that might've bothered her, that was her name. I quickly sat back down, and she followed suit. The movie continued, and another song sent her off. `Maquerade'.
“Masquerade.
Paper faces on parade . . .
Masquerade.
Hide your face,
so the world will
never find you.” She sang. It was the version the Phantom sang towards the end. Right before he started breaking the mirrors to escape. I looked over at Angel and she was crying.
“Hey, are you alright?” I asked. She got off the couch and ran out of the room. I turned off the TV and followed her.
The back door to the yard was swinging shut so I went outside to see her walking towards the waterfall.
“Well go on.” Said Wuya.
“You aren't worried about your neice?” I asked as I walked over.
“Not since I have found out this morning.” Answered the ghost. As I walked into the waterfall area. She had her feet in the water.
“Are you alright?” I askeed her.
“Sure. If it'll make you go away.” She answered.
“It won't.” I said, sitting cross-legged next to her. Now what bothered you about the song? Was it part of the reason why you left the Temple?” I asked. She froze, and stared at the sky. “I'll take it as a yes.”
“You're right.” She said. “You see, I was posing as someone to get Shen Gon Wu. Her name was Midnight.”
“So I meet you before when you were her. You took off the mask and… oh. So that's why it bothered you.” She nodded.
“It's almost like the Phantom. He was made fun of for being different, so he his his face behind a mask so no one would know it was him. With me, I just wanted to make sure no one knew it was me from the start. In the end though, we were discovered and we ran. The ones we loved loved someone else and was taken away. I know how the Phantom feels and, well, I feel like I understand better on what to do now.”
“What's that?” I asked.
“I need to go into hiding. If they can't find me, then, it's almost like their problem disapears. They wouldn't need to deal with me anymore and I could live out my life without anymore heartaches.” My silence answered.
“If that's what she's going to do, I need to make sure she doesn't.” I thought. Angel stood up and put on her shoes. For a second, she just stood there, almost as if she was formulating a plan.
“Where's my bag Jack?” She asked.
“It's on my lab table, why?” I asked.
“Because,” She said walking topwards the gate. “I'm leaving.” At that, she ran to the house faster than I deemed possible. In a couple seconds she was back out of the house with her bag and began flying away.
“Jack Bots, Attack!” I shouted. Lasers went off, barely missing Angel.
“Is that the best you can do?!” She shouted down. Then a laser shot her left arm, it hardly even grazed her, but she winced just the same.
“Darn it!” She yelled. She flew off faster, but she kept holding her arm.
“She escaped!” Yelled Wuya.
“You don't think I realized this?” I asked. “It won't be that hard to find her though. All we have to do is follow the warriors.”
“Right. Quite right.” Said Wuya.
“I jut hope she's going to be okay.” I said.
“Why!?”
“Because of how she compared herself to the Phantom. He was an emotional wreck, apperently, Angel is to.”
 
I am, so sorry it took so long, but I have been so flippen busy it isn't even funny. Anyway, I am on the verge of killing Angel, but I'm not sure if I will. I'mon the verge of killing Riku, but I'm not sure if I will. I'm on the verge of making a trequel, but I need help on desciding what to do. Please let me know of any suggestions.
RCR