Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ The Portal ❯ Chapter 10: Bop to the Top ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10
Bop to the Top
*Raimundo*
“Come on Clay gimme a break!” I yelled. Right now I was in an arm wrestlng match with Clay because I said I could beat him. It didn't work out the way I would've liked it to.
“No. You said so yourself you could beat me no matter what.” He replied.
“Hey guys. What's that?” asked Kimiko as she withdrew her attention from the match.
“Angels sketch book.” They replied in unison.
“You took it from her?!” Kimiko replied in shock.
“No, she let us take it for a while.” Said Dojo. By now I was using both my hands and still struggling. Clay wasn't breaking a sweat.
“Rai, are you even trying at all?” asked Clay. Everyone turned their attention towards me.
“YES!!” I replied. Then just to put me out of my misery Clay just plopped my arm down on the table. In the process though I was thrown to the ground and humiliated.
“You have to look at this. These drawings are amazing.” Said Dojo.
I sat up and shook the dust out of my hair. By now all of them were crowded around Dojo and Omi who were holding the sketchbook. When I stood up I loked over Kimi's shoulder, and they were right! About one thing today anyway. She is really good at drawing.
“Wow these are amazing.” I breathed.
“You bet. I mean if you can't beat Clay at an arm wrestling match, then you probably can't draw anything compared to this.” Said Kimi. I coul tell she directed that coment at me. Then they turned the page and there was an unfinished, but life-like drawing of a boy.
“Who is that?”I asked.
“Riku. Angel said when she moved to the mainland where he lived he's had a crush on her ever since.” Replied Dojo.
“Oh great. Competition.” I thought.
In about half an hour Kimiko finally said,
“Who want's to check in on Angel?”
“I will.” I said quickly. I started walking when Omi said,
”Do not forget Angel's sketchbook.” I turned around to see a little black and then it hit me in the face.
“Pleasant Omi. Just pleasant.”I said.
When I got in the doorway I decided to take a closer look at this sketchbook. As I opened it I noticed there were little tabs at the top of the pages. Since I already saw Kingdom Hearts I flipped right to Sonic's World. And when I did there was a picture of a bunch of things, and under it was an exact copy of it in pencil.
“Aren't you supposed to be seeing to Angel?” asked a voice.
“Ahhh!”I screamed as I fell over again and dropped the book over my head. Then I recognzed the voice to be Master Fung's.
“Master Fung I didn't hear you.” I started.
“It's okay Raimundo. Do you mind if I see the sketch book for a moment?” He asked.
“Umm. Sure.” I replied. As he started flipping through the pages he said, “She is still as talented as she was many years ago.” That caught me off- guard.
“How long ago did you first meet Angel? How old was she?” I asked.
“She was about… ten years old when she first came here. And I meet her a couple years after I started training here.” He said. “Ahh. Here it is.”
I looked over to see what he was talking about and what I saw was amazing. There before me was a portrait of me, Master Fung, Kimiko, Omi, Clay, and Dojo. And I could only say one phrase.
“Wow. She must've drawn this from memorie.”
“Yes, and she will become an even more distant memorie to you if you don't see her.” Said Master Fung as he closed the book, handed it to me and walked off.
I started walking down the hall to where her room was wondering, “Is she awake? If she is will she talk to me? Probably not I hit her on the head. What is that?” I stoped walking because I heard coming from Angel's room a livley mexican song. I opened the door slowly and peeked in. I saw Angel in the middle of the room dancing with her eyes closed and singing. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and then Chuko flew up to me and said,
“Come on in.”
So I came in and sat down. Then I said,
“Here's the sketchbook.”
“Thanks.”
Then my attention turned to Angel. She was amazing. It was as if the music flowed through her veins and carried her to the beat of the song.
“Raimundo.” I came out of my thoughts.
“What?”
“Stay quiet.”
“Why?”
“Because one your invisible. And two, the song is over.” And as she said that Angel hit the last note and the music stopped.
“How was that?” she asked panting.
“Good. But on the `movin' to the groove' part step up and back a liitle more.”
“Okay. Hey when do you think they'll check on us? I mean they don't seem like they'd forget anything easily.” She said as she got the CD ready.
“I haven't a clue.” She started as she glanced at me.”But who do you want to check on us?”
“I-I-I don't know.” She said.
“Lemme guess. You want Raimundo to check. Am I right?”
“I'll tell you later. Okay.” She siad as she pressed play. The music started, and she started singing and dancing again.
“I'm going to teach you the moves to the song.” Said Chuko.
“Why?”
“So you can dance with her.” She said. And now looking me in the face said, “I can tell you like her.”
“Fine. You got me. Now show me what to do.” Sometimes I still wish I'dve never said that because I still can't get the dance moves down. But after five times of Angel restarting I finally got it down.
“Okay. After this I'm going to scream if they don't come.”Said Angel.
Then three things happened. Angel pushed play, Chuko pushed me in, and the music started. At first I pretty much forgot everything Chuko had just taught me but when the first chorus started I knew exactically what to do. Angel was stil singing but I thought better than to start singing. The music stopped and Angel opened her eyes.
“How was that?” Chuko didn't reply because she was about to start laughing and her eyes were as big as pinaples. Then the worst of it came, Angel looked to where Chuko was staring and saw me.
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” she screamed as hers eyes opened wide.
 
*Out in the courtyard*
*Kimiko*
“AHHHHHHHHHH!” there was a faint scream. We were playing catch with a big blue ball when we heard it.
“Come on.” I said as I started running to Angel's room. “I hope no one's dead……. Yet.” I thought. Aparently the boys were thinking the same thing because all of them started running faster.