Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ The Portal ❯ Chapter 41: Artemis in Action ( Chapter 42 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 41
Artemis in action
*Angel*
I woke up the next morning on the same couch I had the night before. Riku was waiting for me outside with Jack not too far away. All of them, even Wuya, was quiet because they all knew I was supposed to die that night.
“Happy birthday.” Said Riku walking up to me.
“Thanks.” I replied glumly. The night before it had rained and in the puddle next to me I saw my face, scarred from the horrors I've seen in my life, and tear stained. Though I'm not sure why I was glad Chase was going to kill me. No more pain for anyone. “Dragon up.” I said. Black and red dragon wings formed and I sighed.
“You okay?' Asked Jack.
“Sure.” I replied with a smile. “It's not every day you know there's a death wish out for you. Come on.” I grabbed Riku and flew off. Jack and his robots followed seconds after with Wuya right next to me. When I rested on a hill I felt a pain at my side, but it didn't bother me as much now.
“A Shen Gon Wu activated.” I said standing up. Wuya looked at me.
“But I didn't sense anything.”
“I can sense things earlier then you and Dojo.” I said running down the hill. Dojo. He got me thinking of the temple. I sighed and continiued running. Ten minutes later I heard a deafining roar over head as I came into a clearing. I looked up and saw Dojo and some of the warriors. I saw the Shen Gon Wu only a few feet in front of me.
“Jack. You and Riku get the Wu. I'll handle the warr,”I started to think to him. But before I could finish he yelled, “Jack-bots attack!” One command gone. Then he finally got my message and said, “Cease fire!” Two commands. None left. The dust the robots had accumulated provided me with the perfect cleshe'. Slowly I emerged to come face to face with Dojo, Sora, Kimiko, Omi, Chuko, Raimundo and that new girl Artemis.
“So.” I said walking forwards. “It's nice to see you all again.” Artemis was the first to move into a stance.
“You little traitor!” She said. “Don't act surprised. Your friends told me all about you.”
“Raimundo. It's nice to see that your new girlfriend has a sense of decency.”
“Hey1 Angel!” Shouted Dojo.
“What do you want lizard!?”
“Who are you?” Asked Chuko.
“I'm me.” I said.
“No. No your not! That potion Chase gave you changed you!”
“Now Chuko is that anyway to treat your old friend?” I asked. “Music.” I whispered. I began to sing my lullabye. Only this time, if anyone fell asleep they probably wouldn't wake up again. Raimundo staggered, and Artemis charged at me.
I stepped out of the way as she tried a flying side kick.
“Is that all you've got?!” I shouted continuing to sing. I ran up to her and started to kick her in a frenzy. But a force field knocked me off. One that had shielded me so many times. I looked to Chuko and magic was going out of her like mad. My one friend had even betrayed me. Then I sang even louder and harder. Dojo started to sway and Omi staggered. Kimiko fainted into Sora's hands. He immediantly started to yell at her to wake up. I turned around in time to block one of Artemis' kicks.
“Angel we have it!” Shouted Riku waving the Shen Gon Wu.
“Riku!” Shouted Sora. I could tell he wanted to know what was going on. I stopped singing and Kimiko regainde conciusness. I ran after Riku on all fours. All fours? I looked behind me to see a tail. Crud. My tensformation had begun again. Jack and Wuya were waiting for us to catch up.
By now it was at least five in the afternoon. I looked behind me once again and saw nothing but trees.
“Angel.” Said Wuya.
“What?”
“How come you have a tail?”
“Oh that? It comes with the package. Tiger rights and everything.” I said smiling.
“Now how're we gonna get there?” Said Riku looking to the mountains.
“Well the robots can carry you two.”Said Jack.
“No.' I said starting to walk away.
“And why not?” Asked Jack starting to follow.
“Try telling them to attack me.”
“Jack-bots attack!” He shouted. They just sat there and floated along.
“Told ya. Now we're gonna have to climb the mountins.”
 
*TWO HOURS LATER*
Once we got to the top of the mountain it was well past dark and the lights of the `cave' were illuminating out into the dark. We got to the front gate and a door opened to show two tigers waiting. I walked forwards and growled in greeting. My features became more prominent now. They nodded and the pathetic party I was traveling with followed me into the cave. Riku led the way with the tigers. As soon as the hallway gave away it revealed a breathtaking view of a waterfall retreat. It had a roman collusium type look. The tigers led me, Riku, Jack and Wuya to a floating figure. My brother, and son of Ansem, Chase Young.
“It's good to see you in the flesh Angel.” He said cooly, stepping towards me. “Or should I say, in the fur?” I looked doen and saw that fur hand indeed began to grow on me.
“You as well. Nice to know that you're brushing your teeth.” I said as Chase backed me out into the middle of his courtyard. Then he stopped and snapped his fingers. Three tiger from different parts of the room sprang forwards and down the hallway we had jut entered. We started to circle each other.
“Your friends are here.”He said.
“What friends? They tried to kill me.” I said. Then I heard footsteps enter and saw the bodys that were attatched to them.
“Angel!”Shouted Sora. I nodded in acknowledgement.
“So. Here we are. Which of us will see our father sooner?” Asked Chase as he sprang at me in his reptilian form.
 
I hope you like it. Only one more chapter then the epilouge. Please R&R.
-RCR