Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Tragic Love ❯ Tragic Love ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**DISCLAIMER**
 
I do not own the Sonic characters... unfortunately. If I did, then we'd be seeing lovely yaoi and yuri everywhere. But mostly yaoi. Sonic the Hedgehog and all characters within the Sonic market are © SEGA/Sonic Team.
 
**********
 
Sonic the Hedgehog never expected that his life was about to change forever. Fate was about to spring her trap, and the blue hedgehog would be caught in it. This trap would permanently put an end to Amy Rose's attempts at winning his heart. At that moment, the blue hedgehog was running through the Mystic Ruins, an exasperated expression on his face. Storm clouds billowed in the sky, dark and heavy.

"Damnit. No matter how many times I try to explain that I'm not interested, she still insists on trying to marrying me. Damn, that girl is pig-headed!"

Giving a heavy sigh, Sonic entered the jungle and zipped around.

"She just won't take no for an answer."

The blue blur gritted his teeth together, continuing his run.

"It's so damn annoying. Whatever attraction I could have possibly developed has diminished."

Stopping, he clenched his hands into fists.

"Quite frankly, I'm sick of having to save her all the time... sick of having Eggman refer to her as my girlfriend... sick of having my 'friends' trying to hook us up."

Sonic scowled ominously.

"If it doesn't stop, I may do something drastic."

An evil smirk appeared over his face.

"I may end up asking Shadow to destroy her if she keeps pestering me."

Snickering darkly at the thought of Shadow tearing the pink pest apart, Sonic was suddenly pulled from his thoughts by a slow, deep voice.

"That isn't very nice!"

The blue hedgehog turned around, coming face to face with a large, lavender cat.

"Big!"

The feline's eyes narrowed at the blue hedgehog.

"How could you say such things about my friend? She's supposed to be your friend too!"

Sonic's eyes narrowed in return, his face becoming angry.

"I'm sick of her pestering me! I have no interest in her at all, yet she insists on bugging me to marry her!"

Big walked over to Sonic and grabbed him on the arms.

"It's because she loves you."

Sonic shook his head violently.

"No! It's because I saved her that one time, and ever since, she's been like a puppy. I'm sick of it!"

As if to express his frustration, a bolt of lightning shot down, a loud clap of thunder booming over the top of their heads. Another bolt shot down, slamming into the ground right near the two, the accompanied thunderclap louder than the previous. Having been startled, Big fell over backwards, but due to still holding Sonic, the blue hedgehog toppled over on top of the feline. Both furry's eyes widened as their lips came into accidental contact.

-----

Neither Sonic, nor Big had any idea what to make of the situation. Both were speechless... frozen in their accidental kiss. Sonic's eyes slowly closed, his body giving in to the pleasure it received from the kiss, although his mind was screaming at him.

'NO! NO! THIS ISN'T RIGHT!'

The purple cat's eyes had also closed, and his grip on Sonic relaxed. Intimate thoughts raced through the hedgehog's head, scaring the poor rodent.

'WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? THIS IS BIG! HE'S A BOY! THINK OF ROUGE IN BIKINI! THINK OF ROUGE IN BIKINI!~'

Sonic tried to think of an image of Rouge wearing only a bikini, the sexy thief winking at him seductively. However, the image was quickly replaced with that of Big. The large cat smiled at Sonic, and suddenly, he saw... himself! His self-image had walked over to Big, placed his arms around his neck, pulling the cat closer to him.
"Hi, handsome. I can't keep away from you!"

Big's image had given a warm smile and wrapped his arms around the blue hedgehog's mind-created image.

"Then don't..."

The hedgehog's vision began to frighten him with Big's next words.

"Kiss me, Sonic."


'AH! NO! THIS IS...!'

The image of Sonic leaned up and pressed his lips to Big's. The hedgehog's vision shattered, and he quickly pulled back from the kiss he was sharing in reality.

"N-no! I can't!"

Shakily jumping to his feet, the blue hedgehog was very scared. He was terrified to admit the truth. Although the kiss was accidental, he enjoyed it completely, and wanted to deepen it. Big blinked up at Sonic.

"Hmmmm? Uhh..."

Big's face was rosy red, but that was nothing, compared to the deep crimson that Sonic's cheeks were.

"B-Big... I'm s-sorry... I have to g-go..."

Before Big could say anything, Sonic had dashed off. The poor hedgehog was so spooked at what had happened... and what he felt. He needed some time to think it over. The purple cat on the other hand, had realized something.

"He... it's true... I do like him."

Blushing a little deeper, Big looked on at where Sonic had run, before giving a soft sigh and returning to his house.

-----

Sonic hadn't even gotten out of the jungle, stopping himself as he thought deeply.

'I'm scared... I feel so warm around him, but after what just happened...'

The blue hedgehog glanced up at the sky, shivering as lightning flashed overhead, followed by a rumble of thunder.

"I... I can't be in love with a boy, can I?"

Sonic gasped as he suddenly realized the truth.

"It... it can be possible? I-I am! I love Big! That's why I never showed an interest in anyone else!"

Sonic smiled as rain began to pour down, soaking him in seconds.

"I love him. I always will. I'm coming back, Big!"

Turning around, the wet hedgehog shot through the jungle, coming to the clearing where Big's house was.

"Big! Big!~"

Hearing the hedgehog's voice, Big's eyes opened and he glanced over at him. A smile came over his face as he got up and began to run out into the rain, not caring if he got wet. Sonic returned the smile and began to 'jog' over to the cat. However, he was knocked from his feet as another bolt of lightning shot down in front of him, accompanied with a loud clap of thunder. Unfortunately, Big was the closest conductor to the bolt, and millions of volts of electricity shot through his body. Within a second, he was limp, on the ground.

"BIG!~"

Sonic clambered up, opting to power crawl his way to the feline. Big's eyes and fur were smoky, dark red blood oozing from his mouth. He spoke with a choked wheeze.

"S-Sonic..."

The blue hedgehog's eyes filled with tears and he took the cat into his arms.

"No... don't die. Please... I love you, Big... I love you!"

Big gave a weak smile.

"I-I l-love you, t-t-too..."

Weakly raising his hand, the cat gently caressed Sonic's cheek.

"K-k-kiss me... S-Sonic..."

Sobbing softly, Sonic nodded and gently pressed his lips to Big's, sealing them together for the feline's first and last true kiss. Pulling away, Sonic whimpered as Big smiled and closed his eyes, his breathing stopping. More tears forced their way out of Sonic's eyes, his sobs becoming anguished cries of grief.

"NO! BIG!~ DON'T LEAVE ME!~"

Holding Big's lifeless body close to him, Sonic felt his heart begin to break. It was all too much for the hedgehog to bear, and his body slowly began to shut down. Soon, Sonic had also fallen victim to oblivion, but not before his lips pressed to Big's, cradling the feline in his arms, remaining in that exact pose forever.