Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Uneasy Desires ❯ Uneasy Desires ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

**DISCLAIMER**
 
I do not own the Sonic characters... unfortunately. If I did, then we'd be seeing lovely yaoi and yuri everywhere. But mostly yaoi. Sonic the Hedgehog and all characters within the Sonic market are © SEGA/Sonic Team.
 
**********
 
Espio walked outside of the office. The night air was rather chilly, but the chameleon didn't bother to warm up. Instead, he opted to gaze at the beautiful stars, twinking like diamonds in the sky.

'Will I ever be able to tell him how I feel?'

Espio's heart was troubled. Recently, he had begun to feel something deep towards the leader of the Chaotix Detective Agency, Vector. The green crocodile was now invading his thoughts, dreams and desires. He knew what his feelings were, but he was too afraid to tell Vector how he felt. Suddenly, the purple chameleon heard a noise, and began to blend into his surroundings as a cover. He let out a silent sigh as he noticed the young honey bee, also known as Charmy, who was returning from his flower run.

'Charmy... how I envy you. To be so young and without proper troubles.'

Espio disabled his optic camouflage and walked towards the young honey bee.

"Charmy... can I talk to you for a moment?"

Turning around, Charmy's cheery grin widened and he nodded his head.

"Okay, Espio. Just let me put these flowers away, then I'll be right out."

Charmy buzzed inside, and Espio listened to a small conversation unfold inside the office. He gave a slight shiver as he heard Vector's gruff, yet kind voice.

"More flowers, eh Charmy?"

"Yup! You know I love flowers, Vector. Oh, I'm just gonna put these away, then I'll be going back out for a while."

Charmy ran into his room and put his flowers into a beautiful crystal vase, full of pure, sparkling water, before dashing back outside.

"Bye Vector!"

The young bee flew over to Espio and put on an even cheerier grin.

"Okay... let's go for a walk."

-----

The chameleon sighed softly and nodded.

"Okay."

The two detectives walked through the forest, Espio keeping silent. He felt a little uneasy.

'Man... if I feel uneasy about telling Charmy, then I definately will not be able to tell Vector...'

Charmy broke the silence with a giggle, causing Espio to snap out of his thoughts.

"Hee hee! You're so funny, Espio. Just tell him!"

Espio's eyes widened.

"W-what do you mean?"

A sly smirk came over the youngster's face as the chameleon began to stammer.

"I mean... just tell Vector how you feel. Come on already!"

A massive sweatdrop appeared on Espio's head, and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head.

"YOU KNEW?!"

Charmy's head was forced back by the wind that Espio's voice generated. His antennae blew back and his feet nearly left the ground.

"Owwwwww... not so loud! Of course I knew... You do have a shrine dedicated to him in your room, and I just happened--"

"YOU WENT INTO MY ROOM?!"

Charmy covered his ears, clenching his eyes shut.

"Owwwwwwwww Espy! I know you don't like me going into your room, but I lost a few flowers, and I couldn't find them anywhere, but when I saw your shrine, I noticed the flowers were placed carefully within it. I haven't told anybody about it..."

Espio dropped to his knees. He couldn't believe his ears. The young bee knew everything. Everything! By now, everybody must know about his feel--

"W-what?"

Charmy smiled sincerely.

"I didn't tell anybody. It's for you to tell, but if I were you, I'd tell him how you feel, before it's too late."

Espio gulped. Charmy was right and he knew it. Damn, the bee was only 6 years old, and telling him what he should do. A shy, nervous smile came over the chameleon's face.

"Okay... let's go home."

Charmy smiled again and nodded, beginning to hover in the air. He then flew next to his friend all the way back to the office. Neither of them spoke to each other, only because Charmy respected Espio, and knew he needed to think about his options.

'He better tell him...'

The two detectives arrived back at the office, Charmy smiling once more before disappearing inside. Espio sat on the stairs and gazed up at the sky.

'Vector... I guess I should tell you how I feel.'

Just then, somebody else sat down next to Espio, his presence going unnoticed for the time being, until he spoke softly.

"The stars are so beautiful, aren't they?"

Espio's head snapped to the side, hearing the voice that made him shiver every time he heard it. The voice belonging to the crocodile he felt deep affection for.

"V-Vector?"

-----

The green crocodile glanced up at the sky, watching the stars twinkle, while beside him, Espio began to shake slightly.

"V-Vector... w-what are you doing out here?"

A slight smile came over Vector's face, still gazing up at the starlit sky.

"It's been so long since I looked at the stars... and I wanted to keep you company."

The chameleon widened his eyes.

'He wanted to keep me company?'

Vector continued to speak in a soft tone.

"I'm troubled... I need to tell someone something... but I guess I'm... afraid."

Espio slowly closed his eyes.

"I never thought you'd be afraid of anything. Although, I'm in the same situation myself. I need to tell someone something myself... and I'm afraid of what will be said."

Suddenly, Espio felt his eyes getting damp. Tears had begun to form, and were making their way down his cheeks. Vector noticed this and moved closer to the chameleon, placing an arm around him, making Espio freeze.

'If only he knew how much this means to me... I've always dreamed for him to be this close.'

Vector closed his own eyes and continued to keep his arm around his friend.

"Don't be afraid. Tell whoever it is what you need to say."

Espio opened his eyes slowly. He stole a shy glance at the crocodile beside him.

"V-Vector..."

Hearing his name, Vector opened his eyes and gazed at Espio, their eyes locking.

"V-Vector... I..."

Espio didn't get to finish his sentence, as Vector moved closer and tenderly kissed him. Both of them instinctively closed their eyes, Espio wrapping his arms around the crocodile and returning the kiss with passion.

'Does this mean he loves me too?'

The kiss was broken, and the two reptiles gazed into each other's eyes, after slowly opening them. Espio found new strength to say what had been troubling him, up until the fateful kiss.

"Vector... I love you."

Strong arms wrapped around the chameleon's body, as Vector blushed deeply, enticing Espio's cheeks to glow a rosy red.

"I love you too, Espio."

The two lovers closed their eyes and moved closer, for another passionate kiss, the stars twinking down at them, as if smiling. Unnoticed by the lovers, was another smile, belonging to the energetic Charmy.

"Finally... they're together... It's about time..."

Turning away from the window, Charmy walked over to his vase and picked up a few flowers. Beginning to smell them, Charmy gave a happy sigh.

'Now I guess it's time for me to reveal my feelings...'

Charmy blushed, picking up the phone, before dialling a number. The dial tone rang a few times, before a young voice answered at the other end.

"Hello?"

Charmy's blush grew deeper.

"H-hi... Tails... there's something I need to tell you..."