Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ In a Moment ❯ Wounds ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3- Wounds
Aqune bent over, holding her side.
“No!” she shouted. “I never wanted to hurt her. I never meant for this to happen. Oh Oracle, please do something!”
“Corona!” yelled Hunter, very much concerned. He and the other Spider Riders gathered around their injured comrade's body. Corona was still conscious, but just barely. That was only because she was a strong warrior.
Aqune backed away, not wanting to interfere, being even more confused over what to do. She backed right into Buguese, who was standing close behind her, closer than Aqune remembered.
“I'm sorry,” said Aqune, as if Buguese would've cared. He was probably very pleased with her, even if she did fail at getting the keys.
“Clearly, we've lost this time,” Buguese replied in irritation. “Certainly, next time will be different. The Spider Riders have suffered a great loss. Lord Mantid will be pleased that we put them at a disadvantage, so they may not get in Stags' way in Numa.”
Aqune wondered why Buguese would be turning back now, rather than pursuing even further while he was ahead, but he did present a fair reason. She couldn't focus her mind on that anymore though. The pain in her side had really kicked in. Just because it wasn't life threatening or anywhere near as bad as Corona's wound, it was obviously there. Cringing from the pain, she struggled to hold herself up. She noticed Hunter out of the corner of her eye. At the moment, he was looking at Corona and only Corona. That was Aqune's last thought before she collapsed.
A small amount of time later, Aqune was fully conscious again. The pain had temporarily resided. Looking at her surroundings, she could immediately tell that she was inside Mantid's fortress. Nothing unusual about that. However, the room she was in wasn't particularly familiar. It wasn't where she normally stayed.
“Where is this?” Aqune questioned, not expecting an answer.
“It's my room,” announced Buguese. “Are you feeling better?”
“Yes,” Aqune replied. “She couldn't help but stare at Buguese. What was he doing? The man before her, so cold and hateful, had been watching over her. Taking care of her? While staring, she took in his features. There was the blue skin, his almost robotic looking arms that were often covered by his cape and of course those antennae on his head. All of those features clearly distinguished him as an Insector. But aside from that, he looked almost human. While many of the other Insecotrs, like Stags and Grasshop were very obviously bugs, Buguese was somehow different. Aqune had never really noticed before. She had just taken his presence for granted, but he looked almost… attractive. She had diverted her gaze quickly, but it had been affixed on him for too long.
“What is it, Aqune?” Buguese asked.
“Its nothing, Master. Thank you,” she said. She then got up and headed toward the door. She went back down to the Oracle shrine and kneeled on the floor to contemplate. It was then when she remembered and the realization hit her hard. She had hurt the Spider Rider whom Hunter had kissed earlier.
“What should I do?” Aqune asked. It was a stupid question, because the obvious answer came to her now. She could've used her abilities to heal the girl. She was so uncertain about everything at the time that she had completely forgotten. “Oracle, I must save her before it's too late, but how do I get out of here?” She was then enlightened again. “Buguese! If I'm right, if he does care enough about me, then maybe he'll put his hate for the Spider Riders aside to save the life of that girl. I have no choice but to try.” Worriedly, Aqune got up and headed toward Buguese's room.