Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Memories Through the Years ❯ A likewise Decision ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Memories Through the Years

Chapter 3: A Likewise Decision

>

>

>

"Thank you for saving my life. You really are a good friend… Haku."

Chihiro sat still on her chair not aware of her actions in her trance state. If she ever knew, she would of course be surprised of herself. Chihiro knew no Haku. None of her friends have that kind of name (even if she checked out all their non de plumas). No, not even a relative.

But somehow, within the span of her lifetime, there had once been a person who knew one Haku.

And her name, was Sen.

Sen. That's her. The Chihiro that once ventured into the Spirited world. The Chihiro that once fell into the River of Kohaku. The Chihiro that has been the heroine of a laad once named Haku. The Chihiro, that had once been Kohaku's friend.

But, would it always end up that way? Would she always remain as his friend? Would they end up together besides their physical status?

Perhaps so. He promise her before they separated five years ago. Before Chihiro forgot everything… everything even Haku.

"Haku…" her lips formed the word she never got tired to say. She was in a trance. Definitely a trance. Nothing could possibly let out her true self only except if it was something more powerful than that. But of course, she did not know. Like there was a spell casted upon her. She did not remember. All was lost…

Or, was it?

Truly, anything could go away. Anything, everything could be lost.

But, there is always a way. A direction… especially now, now that he's finally back. Now that Kohaku is finally here. Now that the hope is finally found.

But will he succeed?

Who could tell, but the person who picks up his choice in which path to lay his own destiny. And destiny will bring them to the epilogue their hearts have always dreamed of.

"Haku…" She whispered.

"What did you just said Chi?" Gem blurted out so suddenly it made her friend jump.

The communication broke and Chihiro was back again to her normal state. She looked at her friend Gem and disappointed, Sen left.

If she could only speak to her, if she could have the chance, she will let her remember. Let Chihiro remember everything. Let her remember… Haku.

But even having hope was so impossible. She - Sen, the once ten-year-old Chihiro was now only a part of her, A preserved memory. A thing that up to now resides in her mind but left alone undiscovered.


Chihiro looked at Gem half surprised, half confused. "Huh?"

Gem sighed. "You were saying something just now."

Chihiro shook her head. "No. There wasn't anything."

"I'm positive. As far as I could remember, I think it was something like…'Haku'."

Chihiro curled her eyebrows. "Haku?" she shrugged. "I don't know a Haku."

Her friend stared at her. "Hmm… I see. I must've heard wrong then."

~ POV ~

He removed his gaze from her and started to walk towards his seat at the far right side of the room. He could feel the many stares of the students as this handsome guy passed by. What kind of charm he possessed? He did not care.

Time passed by, minute after minute and second after second. He remembered it was just a few days ago when he last spoke with the great Nami.

~flashback~

"I'm here for the thousand time Nami," the cold voice of Kohaku was heard across the fire lit chamber in the great castle.

"Now, now, now. Don't be in such a rush my dear young lad." Her lips curled into a smile as she drank her tea. She wore her usual black satin dress and her face was as white as a chalk. A glint was visible in her black eyes as she continued to give her irritating look to Kohaku. "There are still plenty of times left. You don't want to look like you're in a hurry? Don't you"?

"Don't let me wait anymore," he retorted back his steely eyes flaring, "You promised me on the thousand time I came here you will give me the pass to enter the human world. Now give it to me!" he demanded.

"Hmm… I see after your river was destroyed, you could no longer get to the other world." she shook her head. "Poor Kohaku. Ever since those humans shattered your only passage way, you have been trapped here. Forced to work for Yubaaba for years and years." she shook her head again. "But why, tell me why. Why would you give up everything just because for a human? Humans were the one who almost killed you. And now you'll sacrifice so much for them?"

"You don't understand me." he replied. "I have to see her."

"Must've changed I see." and she smiled. "Alright I'll give you the pass. But you must remember the consequences."

"Yes I do remember them."

Nami laughed. "It would almost seem impossible for you to do it. Don't forget that you only have a limited time in the human world. If you won't be able to make her remember, you'll vanish forever! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Her evil laughs nearly shook the whole place. But Kohaku merely said anything. True that the humans were the reason that his river was destroyed, that he could no longer pass to their world. And now he's willing to give even his own life for a promise kept to a girl.

But no. Nami couldn't understand him. He felt something more for this human. For Chihiro. She has been his friend when he almost lost everyone. She has been there and cared for him the time his life was in danger. She was the one, the reason. The reason for his freedom that he always wanted to attain.

And now he have it. Because of her.

~end of flashback~

"For only a limited time… I wonder how long she's going to let me stay here. And worse she took my powers." He sighed and glanced at Chihiro.

"Did I saw her saying my name a moment ago? Or I am just hallucinating?" He looked away. "No. I know there was something going on… It must've been Sen."

*After Chihiro left the Spirited world five years ago, it was said that she lost her memories about it. But not completely. Sen still resides within her, making them two in one soul and in one body. That might be confusing but just think of her having two persons inside.

One person who lost the memory, and one who kept it all. And that was Sen. The former Chihiro. Don't be confused if when all of a sudden, Chihiro went into a trance and Sen was the one who was speaking. It was just because that only in a tranced state was the time when Sen would be able to switch with Chihiro. But it happen very often.

However, that raises Kohaku's hopes into a higher percentage. Only,if there is still enough time to.*

>

>

>

That's the end of chapter. Hope you guys weren't confused whatsoever. Just ask if there's something you don't understand. Please review! I do hope you know how it means to have someone rooting up for you.

Thanks!