Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi ❯ VI ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

NIGIHAYAMI KOHAKU NUSHI

-VI-

A quick glance around told me that I was in an elegantly furnished room. In front of me, my enemy grunted. I looked down at him, alert for any sign of attack.

However, instead of doing so he suddenly glowed...and split into three!

A series of grunts greeted me, and the next thing I knew three heads were bouncing around me!

...grunt grunt...

...grunt grunt...

...grunt grunt...

"Quiet!"

I looked up to the owner of the commanding voice. The three heads surrounding me bounced towards a smirking oldwoman. She wore a blue dress, and her white hair was tied up in a bun. It was ironic...she was small yet huge at the same time!

"Tch. You Kashira are so noisy all the time." She then turned to me. "Hm...a demi-god. I don't get many of your kind in this bath house, much less reaching their way here. I'm impressed."

I only looked at her.

She turned back to her table and sat down. "So what do you want?"

I walked up to her table. "Please let me be your apprentice."

* * *

I could not believe this woman...she totally ignored me! Even when I repeated my request many times!

After some time I could not take it anymore, so I grabbed her pen away from her. "How dare you ignore me!" I growled at her, raising my voice. "Can you imagine how much pride as a demi-god I'm swallowing while I'm doing this?!"

She stood up and glared at me, emitting a gale-like force. Oops, I think I may have angered her.

"WHAT NERVE YOU HAVE!!!" Objects began flying around and the ground shook violently. She floated right towards me, her hair flung out in all directions. "You're the one sneaking and barging into my bath house! Demi-god or not, no one dares raise his voice at me!!!"

I finally saw my chance. "Now I have caught your attention." I fell to my knees and sunk my body to the ground, my head bowed low. "Let me be your apprentice. PLEASE."

I could see that Yubaba was taken aback by my action. It is the most humiliating thing for a god, even for a demi-god such as myself, to be down on his knees begging.

"I will do anything. Just please let me be your apprentice."

"Don't you have duties to perform?" Yubaba said, now in a calmer voice.

I held my gaze on the floor. "No. I...I lost my home. I want it back."

There was silence between us.

Finally, I heard a "Tch", and a little shuffling. Suddenly I could see a piece of paper and pen hovering in front of me. "Your contract," She said.

I took the paper and looked at it. "Do I sign here?"

Yubaba rolled her eyes. "Use your head, boy."

I nodded, took the pen, and signed my name. After doing so, it floated back to her. She stared at the paper for awhile. "Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi, huh?"

I nodded.

"Well then, you are going to be working for me, and I expect you to do everything that I tell you to do. WITHOUT ANY COMPLAINT. If I ever hear a peep out of you, I will throw you out."

"Thank you..."

"And as for your name...it is too long." She held her hand over the paper. "From now on, you will be called...Haku."

Haku!

I stiffened. This was a name that was given to me by--

"Answer me, Haku!"

By...

I...

I...I cannot remember...

"Haku!"

I looked up, towards the eyes of my mistress. "Yes?"